• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] ESP Zone love?

Can u elaborate for me? Are they not in regular production?....

ESP Zones. I do not see this sticking around for long. Really slow seller.

Straight off of an email from the sponsor when I ordered 15 in August. I ordered 25 of them in May for my tournament and they were not running any at that time. A disc that doesn't beat up and lasts a long time is probably a slow seller.

well atleast i know its not gonna beat up and it will last chris! thats a good thing for me but bad if i ever lose em. since i havnt stockpiled them...yet

I bought a D on a whim, and it completely took my Drone's spot in the bag. Its skips are incredible. Is it the mold or the plastic that's not being run? I traded for an ESP but haven't thrown it yet.

ESP Zones. I do not see this sticking around for long. Really slow seller.

Straight off of an email from the sponsor when I ordered 15 in August. I ordered 25 of them in May for my tournament and they were not running any at that time. A disc that doesn't beat up and lasts a long time is probably a slow seller.

It's unfortunate, but most players I see using overstable/windkiller designed mid-ranges not only know how, but when to use a disc like the Zone. Only strategic side arm or descent back hand players are going to see the value in the Zone's design.

The Zone seems to have limited uses as I only pull it out occasionally in a round. Use it in heavy winds is the only way it truly pays for itself.

So now you have an ESP or Very durable good disc that is barely used by the buyer or worst, many players don't understand the discs potential or are even capable to throw it.

I use the ESP Zone for putts into a headwind. Just today I hit 2 jump putts and 5 headwinds putts just by thowing lasers at the basket. When the wind picks up, I reach for the Zone.

MMMMMMmm zone love. Such a tweener disc. I use it for windy shots, but I stick to the wizard for windy putts. I bought it for windy days, and it quickly became an every round utility disc. Overstable enough to really be able to put some mustard on it off the tee, and slow enough to not overshoot your target. It basically fits in my bag below my wasp, and above my overstable soft wizard. But it gets twice as much use as both of them combined.

ESP Zones are great for hyzer putts when that is your natural body motion and you have no confidence in your putting. Recently I have been putting to the right of the basket. No matter how hard I try to aim for the left, something within my mind still sends it right. Hyzering helps a little, the Zone helps even more. Also, since it has so little glide once it loses power, you can muscle a putt towards the basket and not fear too much of an overshoot.

I still prefer my Ridges and Summits for longer putts and when I feel confident, but when that confidence level is gone, that is why I carry at least one ESP Zone in my bag.

Side note, Zones are decent for approaching because they are very predictable even into the wind, but I would never use them for driving. Try as I might, I could not break 260 with these (not counting bounces or skips). While I prefer finesse mids, I can get Ridges and Foci (plural Focus) to 300.

i carry a nice flat top zone, really like it. great for windy putts or extremely short hyzers. one of my favorite things about it is the way the grip feels really nice for both forehand and backhand.

A disc that doesn't beat up and lasts a long time is probably a slow seller.

Hmm, I was going to ask how these ESP Zones beat up but apparently they don't. I was tempted to buy one b/c it felt really good in my hands.

When thrown the same as a Drone, it comes across as a more overstable little brother. It obviously does not get the same distance but the flight path is nearly identical, making them great complementary discs.

The Zone is pretty decent at hyzer putting too and when you need a little more oomph in the putt but fear dramatically overshooting the basket.

I never play without my D-zone, it's the most predictable disc I have. When it MUST turn left, there is nothing more reliable.

Yeah I like my Zones. A LOT! Discraft has a good thing going in that I have yet to see another low profile overstable putter. Great for approaching, backhand or forehand. They will last forever. I just wish they came in ESP FLX.

I do not know if you would need the Zone in FLX. I could be wrong but I thought that at one point the FLX Drone was basically 75% ESP and only 25% FLX. I would assume that the Zone would be the same way. I find the grip, durability, and how it absorbs hits very acceptable in ESP.

I think a Crystal or Z version would be interesting but it seems that most people who have Zones really like them because of their ESP and Pro D properties.

Latest posts