• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Fastest mid? Near fairway range

Yes, but that is the beauty of Kaxe/Squall, they allow slow arms to get same lines and distance as the cannons get with Roc/Comet.

More or less

I think what you are saying is correct, but the newer and slower armed players who can't throw for much D, seem to be saying that with distance drivers that are slightly OS they can use them like that.

Not the intended use to be sure, but for some I'm sure it's effective.

Right...by why slightly overstable? I understand a player who can't throw a Buzzz as far as I can using sayyyy a JLS, but why a T3 (for examples purpose) instead? Turning the slightly overstable disc however much doesn't benefit form for a measly few feet. Players with less distance would benefit from learning how to stretch distance with a Stratus or Cobra or Stingray much more.

More on topic, OP asked for a tweener. He didn't say he needs to add a few feet to X shot...just asked for a mold that controls like a mid that stretches distance. I highly doubt any remotely average player can control a speed 10 like they could say Roc/Buzzz.

Yes, but that is the beauty of Kaxe/Squall, they allow slow arms to get same lines and distance as the cannons get with Roc/Comet.

More or less

Agreed, and on topic. Note: never even held a Kaxe.

No, I agree, was just trying to justify what I didn't understand either.

I also recd the Squall and Kaxe like 9 pages ago.

Right...by why slightly overstable? I understand a player who can't throw a Buzzz as far as I can using sayyyy a JLS, but why a T3 (for examples purpose) instead? Turning the slightly overstable disc however much doesn't benefit form for a measly few feet. Players with less distance would benefit from learning how to stretch distance with a Stratus or Cobra or Stingray much more.

More on topic, OP asked for a tweener. He didn't say he needs to add a few feet to X shot...just asked for a mold that controls like a mid that stretches distance. I highly doubt any remotely average player can control a speed 10 like they could say Roc/Buzzz.

Agreed, and on topic. Note: never even held a Kaxe.

I agree with the Stingray/cobra. If they want, are a player from a throwing or racket sport before then they might be able to try a 170 gram or lower DX ROC. I came from Basketball in middle school so I was after about 6 months of play able to use a DX Valkyrie as my driver at 170 grams, also had a DX leopard. I used before this a Rubber Putter and for a little bit a Stingray I lost in water.

I worded the distance part poorly....I meant someone who hasn't learned to throw as far as they will be able to some day. Not someone who knows what they're doing but just so happens they cannot throw far.

However some discs like the Impact are in between a fairway driver and a midrange disc. These one are great for those shots a fairway driver is too much and a midrange is not enough. Impact also does tunnel shots very well.

I used to love the Impact. Its a good disc for sure, def a speed 6 type disc for exactly that longer than mid straight shots

What disc do you use now? If I had to change a Wombat or Wombat 3 would be the disc of Choice. I have seen them and yes they are like a Impact, in flight as well.

At this moment for a 'straight fairway' I'm using an MVP Proton AMP . I got it as a gift and it was supposed to be understable so I figured I wouldn't really need it but then I gave it some field throws and it was surprisingly stable, like, really stable, but straight, like 6/4/-0.25/1 - Which is odd because the Volt I am using - also for straight fairway has a little more turn and a little more fade more like a Valkyrie but a speed 7 valk. its working well so far.

Other than that I will use a TL, FD, worn star teebird. That sorta thing, I'm still waiting for a disc that fly's like this AMP but something I know is supposed to be like that off the shelf.

I felt like the Relay was what the amp was supposed to be... I haven't seen a kaxe.. But I liked the suggestion of a glide and how about the Tursas? Beadless and a Warship top I believe.

Tursas doesn't go any farther than a DX roc for me. Flies very similar to a beat in DX roc actually. The kaxe I've been experimenting is definitely faster, but not fairway fast. It's nice for a lower power player like myself on those low ceiling 250-280 shots that I need to range just right