• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Flippy high speed driver?

Jmorri67

Par Member
Right now I've got a couple of destroyers in the bag, one overstable and one fairly neutral. Looking for something for left to right shots/rollers. Got a lace but the only thing I've found it good for tailwind megadistance shots. Never had much luck with it when it comes to turnover shots. What should I look into? For reference, max distance is around 430, regular golf distance around 380-400.

If you want a disc that is super easy to throw for turnovers and rollers, check out an unLace from Vibram. Great glide and effortless hyzer-flip or turnover lines.

I love my TD for flips. But if your looking for huge distance maybe a blizzard wraith.

Couple of my D4s were pretty flippy out of the box. If you want to be certain D5 should be even flippier. Pro destroyers beat to flippy pretty quick too.

Nujke SS is my favorite for that slot, Avenger SS is pretty good too. I like Roadrunners for a little shorter range and as a utility disc, BH/FH/OH/Roller.

Couple of my D4s were pretty flippy out of the box. If you want to be certain D5 should be even flippier. Pro destroyers beat to flippy pretty quick too.

Yeah, I was thinking about a pro destroyer for this slot since I'm already using star destros. Is it possible to get decently flat pro destroyers? My one big qualm about that disc is how hard it is to find good and flat ones.

Nujke SS is my favorite for that slot, Avenger SS is pretty good too. I like Roadrunners for a little shorter range and as a utility disc, BH/FH/OH/Roller.

Just how understable are Nuke SS's? I've got a buddy with a 250ish foot max drive who throws an SS and it turns even for him. Im not necessarily opposed to the idea, but I'm afraid it will be way too flippy at high speed.

I also throw star destroyers about that same distance and a great disc is the champ mamba I use mine for hyzer flip to turnovers or put it about 40 to 50 ft up and it turns and holds it and it is also a great roller. mine is max weight btw, I have a 167? one too but it is very flippy even easier roller

nuke ss would be flippy enough to roll but it may be too understable.. and they have that big rim

Yeah, I was thinking about a pro destroyer for this slot since I'm already using star destros. Is it possible to get decently flat pro destroyers? My one big qualm about that disc is how hard it is to find good and flat ones.

175g pro destroyers that I have aren't domey but not flat either. Might work for you.

I also throw star destroyers about that same distance and a great disc is the champ mamba I use mine for hyzer flip to turnovers or put it about 40 to 50 ft up and it turns and holds it and it is also a great roller. mine is max weight btw, I have a 167? one too but it is very flippy even easier roller

How do you throw your rollers? Low flips or big rainbow rolls?

I usually throw em either flat and follow through on a deep anny or ill throw just a tiny anny and turn it into the ground so low flips? It might go 6 feet off the ground if that.

Havocs are the same rim width as destroyers but the wing shape resembles a roadrunner. The king aklso has the same rim width and is a very similar disc in stability and speed to the havoc but has a very similar wing shape to a low plh destroyer. I have a 172 opto and 172 gl havoc and the opto is understable but quite a bit more overstable than my gl. At 400 feet I can throw my opto with with ~30 degrees of hyzer on a pretty low line and have it flip up and all the way over but it tends to flatten at the end while my gl would often cut roll thrown the same. Both of mine work well for rollers. A beat trespass or flatter/lighter/lower plh star destroyer are other options.

Well your Max D suggests you shouldn't throw higher than speed 10 (in my opinion) I think something like an MVP Amp or Innova Roadrunner would work well for you, the Tern is also a good one if you have to throw the high speed stuff.

if youre looking for an out of the box roller look at the champ Mamba, all you have to do for a turnover shot is power it down

Latest posts