• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

I have a 1st run mongoose on the way. I didn't really need it...but I liked the plastic on my bandit before it found a watery grave and I noticed a nice pink 1st run mongoose and couldn't pass up that sweet stamp.

For those that have thrown it - I know what the #s say but never trust them. Is it closer to sidewinder or roadrunner flippy?

^^ i would say more roadrunner maybe even flipper.. mine are FLIPPY .. but i love them for that very reason.. are great for rollers, big hyzerflips, giant turnovers, etc. .

The Outlaw must have had issues or didn't fly as intended because that disc was announced/PDGA approved a LONG time ago, should have been released by now.

They posted a prototype on FB but the rim width appeared to be mid/fairway, something new again? I hope its a firebird

^^^ yeah from the descriptions i saw from the few people that have thrown them they sounded a bit more understable then expected .. i dont mind waiting though.. i like the fact that they want to get things correct the first time instead of rushing out molds ... but tbh i have no clue if they have had issues or what the delay may be but im looking forward to it

Pinnacle Bandits can't get here soon enough, that's for sure. I'm tempted by a Pinnacle Gauge, too, but I'll probably hold off, since I'm not ready to bag a Gauge, yet.

I would love a pinnacle bandit. Freaking crushing my legend. That and I would like some outlaws. :)

100% agree except mine is Icon. Pinnacle plastic is just oh so sweet, perfect blend in my book of grippyness and stiffness. Not to mention it looks sexy too.

The Outlaw must have had issues or didn't fly as intended because that disc was announced/PDGA approved a LONG time ago, should have been released by now.

They posted a prototype on FB but the rim width appeared to be mid/fairway, something new again? I hope its a firebird

The prototype disc was Pinnacle Gauge. The Outlaw's delay isn't about the mold. The Icon plastic has been coming out softer than the guys want for a little while now and they want that dialed in before release.

The prototype disc was Pinnacle Gauge. The Outlaw's delay isn't about the mold. The Icon plastic has been coming out softer than the guys want for a little while now and they want that dialed in before release.

awesome news!! love the fact that they want to get it RIGHT .. no rushing out molds and plastics .. thanks for the update my dude! .. fwiw i do really like the gummy pinnacle though lol :p

Does anybody know how the Pinny Gauges fly compared to the Icons? Or compared to the Legends?

Just got two excel ghosts! First legacy discs. Like stuff domey rocs. Will throw tomorrow!

I really like the blue and red excel ghosts. The plastic has top notch grip and doesn't beat up as much as some of the other excel colors. Once you get them seasoned up they are perfect for long straight hyzer flips

I really like the blue and red excel ghosts. The plastic has top notch grip and doesn't beat up as much as some of the other excel colors. Once you get them seasoned up they are perfect for long straight hyzer flips

im going to pick myself up one of each, thanks for the info.

Currently i throw orange and white gravity (the white gravity is stiffer and breaks in slightly slower than the orange did)

One thing about the softer gravity is if i hit a tree real good on a drive it tacos pretty bad and the rim holds that bent shape till i bend it back to flat.. this makes them beat in real fast, but i hope excell doesn't do this as badly.

Last edited:
im going to pick myself up one of each, thanks for the info.

Currently i throw orange and white gravity (the white gravity is stiffer and breaks in slightly slower than the orange did)

One thing about the softer gravity is if i hit a tree real good on a drive it tacos pretty bad and the rim holds that bent shape till i bend it back to flat.. this makes them beat in real fast, but i hope excell doesn't do this as badly.

Yeah the beat-in stages on these remind me of older DX. Very similar feel to something between a KC profile and the plastic from the SMRD Roc's. I always grab them when I find them used. I've thrown other Excel colors and they took some huge gashes. I liked the flat white Gravity Ghosts but the durability just wasn't good enough for central TX(rocks and Cedar Trees). Gravity Ghosts are great for huge turnovers. I usually overthrow mine

yeah my throwers are red and blue as well .. not on purpose but those just happened to be what i snagged but the red are beating in beautifully .. no gashes or anything just a nice smooth beating.. reminds me so much of how nice dx rocs would season .. but i use them just like you stated nice long straight hyzerflips .. im hoping i can get them in enough to where i can get one to hyzerflip flat and give me a late right turn but man i LOVE my excels lol .. till it beats up a bit more the my light legend Gauge is covering that shot

ian if you want the late turnover, get a gravity orange, it likes to turnover slowly and then it turns faster toward the end, a very strange flight pattern since its got beat in.

ian if you want the late turnover, get a gravity orange, it likes to turnover slowly and then it turns faster toward the end, a very strange flight pattern since its got beat in.

I've got a gravity ghost in orange and it's taking me a while to beat it in. I ended up picking up a Tursas until I can get that ghost in the sweet spot.