• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Yep the one G9i I am planing to give to my dad, see pictures I posted for odd old disc is almost like a Pro or X type plastic toughness.

Yup G9i is tough plastic. I've been throwing the same G9i for 2 years now, it has only changed flight in the slightest.

Yup G9i is tough plastic. I've been throwing the same G9i for 2 years now, it has only changed flight in the slightest.

I used mine in the 2000's and is still like 99% of baseline plastic and other not durable plastic when only used for 1-2 years. I stopped using the disc in 2014 when I stared playing again for a that year. The G9i Wizard only had one purpose for me and other discs I had at the time could do the same thing only more, one of them a slow midrange is also the spot of a driving putter.

Went to pick up a few more organics and erasers but ran into some special blends that I didnt even know they stock. SB17 and SB18 says the back side. Sure grip evolution / G-series on the front. What can you tell me about these? Had to get them both as they are stupid stiff yet with great grip.

Went to pick up a few more organics and erasers but ran into some special blends that I didnt even know they stock. SB17 and SB18 says the back side. Sure grip evolution / G-series on the front. What can you tell me about these? Had to get them both as they are stupid stiff yet with great grip.

I had an Sb18 for a brief period of time, and it was how you describe. Gateway ran 30 different special blends (I putt with SB22's), and then I believe SB30 became what is now just called "special blend" (please correct me if I'm wrong). So if you're really particular and need SB17's or SB18's, grab them now while you can. 17 and 18 seem to be easier to find then other numbers. I believe infinite still has some, and they started adding the SB# in the description (probably because they were tired of me reaching out and asking which # each was :D )

Is there any significance to the number or is it just a running number?

I was sure this was going to happen when I was peering down the Wizard rabbit hole. Yet I had to go in there. Now look where it has led me to.

Don't know if it's still the case or not, but originally the number was the flex rating of the disc. This was right after the g9 fiasco about them not passing the pdga flex test. I always took it more of a sarcastic thing, going out of their way to show they measured the flex and it was within guidelines where nobody else was.

After numerous blends they might just be tracking on numbers a la formula 409.

Don't know if it's still the case or not, but originally the number was the flex rating of the disc. This was right after the g9 fiasco about them not passing the pdga flex test. I always took it more of a sarcastic thing, going out of their way to show they measured the flex and it was within guidelines where nobody else was.

After numerous blends they might just be tracking on numbers a la formula 409.

This. The SBs have never been about flex. It is just to differentiate from one run to another (the discs from each SB # run should all be the same). Some different numbers of SBs are very similar, but none are theoretically the same.

Yes. Ash from nearby wildfires.
Yes. A penis. A bird poo penis. Not a Brent Jacobs penis.

Are OG's notorious for their velvety feel? Picked up two and i can't stop touching them. My gf is jelly.

I see comparisons between fossil and pwp's. I have become a fan of fossils after using ss/sss for a minute. What's the difference between the two? Does fossil hold flight characteristics longer?