• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

mickas said:
before i go and blow $30.00 on two new optos are they going to overlap too much with my buzzzes?

This is a complicated question. I put my Fuse in my bag alongside Buzzzes. It flies much better on an anhyzer line, especially for shorter distances. It also responds better to low power. So I use my Fuse for turnover shots and technical approches too long to finesse my Ion and where my Buzzz will be too stable. So far it has made the anhyzers a lot easier than it is with my Buzzz. Many people pair a Comet with a Buzzz or Roc, and I think the Fuse is better in that role due to a more similar grip and throwing style preference.

That being said, the Fuse is certainly versatile enought to be a stand alone mid. If you paired it with a Champ Shark or something else a little more overstable you would be set.

discspeed, I throw Rocs and Meteors, what shots would I use the Fuse instead? It's sounding like a beat DX Roc to me. I noticed you said it's a little floatier and a little more predictable than a Meteor on a pure anny throw. However, I like having mids of different speeds in the Meteor and Roc, and it sounds like I'd lose that...

emiller3 said:
discspeed, I throw Rocs and Meteors, what shots would I use the Fuse instead? It's sounding like a beat DX Roc to me. I noticed you said it's a little floatier and a little more predictable than a Meteor on a pure anny throw. However, I like having mids of different speeds in the Meteor and Roc, and it sounds like I'd lose that...

Are you thinking in terms of if you ONLY carried a Fuse as your sole mid range?

Got my opto fuses today, pink 174g and neonyellow 170g. Just couple throws in so far, but they're both amazingly glidy, floaty and straight as an arrow. Gonna pair these with my z-buzzzz I think, they work amazingly well with bit turnover or anny lines even at slow speeds as it's been advertised. Oh and did I mention that they're PRETTTYYYYYY?

emiller3 said:

At your altitude you could probably throw the Fuse for everything that you use both of them for...As it is you do not NEED a Fuse because it is basically a hybrid between those two discs in your bag.

Very Nice Disc!!!
172 GL Fuse
First chance out, dead calm, cool/damp.

Any direction changes were very slow. When driven hard, climbs a bit, digs over some more on right banks when in the fast/boost phase, does not seem to add more turn when banking left. The floaty carry is putter lid good, but not really touchy/forever like the Comet. Final fade is both minor and does not 'add shear', lending it well to 'elevator drop' finishes.

May have both kicked the Vision out, and ended my interest in an Opto Pure.

Alright...I was definitely premature in my criticism of the Goldline Fuse. After watching my buddy throw it really well, I left my Opto in the car and played with the Goldline exclusively today. After a couple of throws I started to groove and see what this disc is all about. It flies very much like a glidey, understable Buzzz. Its understability allows for some great touch shots. It is a little faster than the Opto, and doesn't hang in the air the same, but it still has awesome glide and it may actually be more effortless to throw. I also think that it compliments my Buzzz better than the Opto because it is less stable where the Opto overlaps with my Buzzzes more in stability. It feels almost exactly like the Buzzz in my hand, and shares a lot of the same flight characteristics as well. All in all I'm really changing my tune one the GL Fuse and its quickly becoming the first GL disc I've liked.

discspeed said:
Alright...I was definitely premature in my criticism of the Goldline Fuse. After watching my buddy throw it really well, I left my Opto in the car and played with the Goldline exclusively today. After a couple of throws I started to groove and see what this disc is all about. It flies very much like a glidey, understable Buzzz. Its understability allows for some great touch shots. It is a little faster than the Opto, and doesn't hang in the air the same, but it still has awesome glide and it may actually be more effortless to throw. I also think that it compliments my Buzzz better than the Opto because it is less stable where the Opto overlaps with my Buzzzes more in stability. It feels almost exactly like the Buzzz in my hand, and shares a lot of the same flight characteristics as well. All in all I'm really changing my tune one the GL Fuse and its quickly becoming the first GL disc I've liked.

I was gonna say... I threw them side by side (gold and opto) for an entire round and didn't see a whole lot of difference. Just that the Gold held the line a little longer than the opto, although the 168g opto I was throwing felt a lot like my 175g Gold.

Mine are still quite different. I would say that my Opto is a whole step more HSS than the Goldline. My Goldline always flips up from hyzer or turns from flat. My Opto will not flip out of a hyzer and will fly straight from a flat throw.

Well, I bought a couple opto's to see what the hubub is about.

I've tried some latitude discs in the past though. The striker struck out, thanks to the PD. And the core just wasn't as consistent as a buzzz.

I'm hoping the fuse will find its slot as my straight/turnover mid, which is a slot that my beat up D Buzzz is currently filling. I still think I'm going to keep my stable ESP Buzzz for shots when I want to throw a mid hard, and my wasp for my overstable mid slot. From what I hear, the Fuse's rim isn't that different from a buzzz, so it shouldn't take too long to get used to.

Im very intriqued by what I've read about this disc. Looking to possibly purchase one for a test run. Question is though, I already have a Comet X, which I really enjoy throwing. By adding the Fuse to the collection, am I basically going to have too much overlap between comet and fuse?

Ryan C said:
Well, I bought a couple opto's to see what the hubub is about.

I've tried some latitude discs in the past though. The striker struck out, thanks to the PD. And the core just wasn't as consistent as a buzzz.

I'm hoping the fuse will find its slot as my straight/turnover mid, which is a slot that my beat up D Buzzz is currently filling. I still think I'm going to keep my stable ESP Buzzz for shots when I want to throw a mid hard, and my wasp for my overstable mid slot. From what I hear, the Fuse's rim isn't that different from a buzzz, so it shouldn't take too long to get used to.

I hope those are in by next Wednesday so that I can take advantage of your quick disc-buying-trigger-finger by trying those suckers out myself.

xeroxed44 said:
Question is though, I already have a Comet X, which I really enjoy throwing. By adding the Fuse to the collection, am I basically going to have too much overlap between comet and fuse?

Yes. They'll fill the same slot, the Fuse is just more comfortable to throw.

Threw my opto today. My findings are consistent with Discspeed. It flies the way you throw it. I haven't quite gotten the hang of turning it over. It doesn't seem touchy at all, I just haven't gotten that magic feel yet. I nailed a sweet 80 footer just screwing around. It just stays in the air forever. I'm a fan, but I just don't know where it's gonna fit into my bag.

rooneytunes said:
Threw my opto today. My findings are consistent with Discspeed. It flies the way you throw it. I haven't quite gotten the hang of turning it over. It doesn't seem touchy at all, I just haven't gotten that magic feel yet. I nailed a sweet 80 footer just screwing around. It just stays in the air forever. I'm a fan, but I just don't know where it's gonna fit into my bag.

In the same spot all your other discs fit into your bag. sheesh...

BA-ZING!

on a side note, I threw my Fuse 400' (slightly downhill) over a tree line right near the pin. No. Fade. What. So. Ever. I. Love. It.

Latest posts