• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

Jeronimo said:
Make cracks at me all ya want. Other than the noticeable late flight fade difference they're close enough in my book to call equal. I respectfully disagree with Discspeed. He without a doubt knows what he's talking about but I don't think the difference is as obvious as he's stating. It's interesting too because if Gold = Star plastic and Opto = Champion then the age old rule of star gliding more than champion would have to be untrue for these.

If you throw a Fuse (Gold or Opto) its going to fly straight for a very long time without turning over and show just a smidgen of fade (unless you really air hike it), period.

I don't think GL is like Star at all. I think a better comparison would be Opto = Clear Champ, GL = Opaque Champ. Either way, I don't think there is any age old rule of Star gliding better than champ either. I think usually Champ gets more lift and Star is faster, but it also depends on dome, PLH, and all the other usual factors.

The easiest way to tell the difference between the Optos and GLs I have is to throw them hard or throw them flat. Thrown either way my GLs flip and my Optos don't.

Anyway, I agree with your last statement for the most part (as long as you're not throwing hard or flat). Maybe Jesse can do some more red highlighting and make my post seem meaner. :lol:

Do your Golds show any wear physically on the disc? Like scratches, dents, etc...?

Jeronimo said:
Do your Golds show any wear physically on the disc? Like scratches, dents, etc...?

I can't speak for the GL Fuse since mine won't get here till later this week, but I have a GL Core that has a small scuff on the rim. I was messing around in a huge head wind with some massive hyzer, but it flipped up and ovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeerrr and then started going back with the wind picking up speed the whole way. It went way left over the fence and by the time it hit the road the thing was going warp speed. The scuff is tiny and I can't believe there's not more damage on it.

Damn, such a fine disc the opto one, had to order 2 gold lines as well. Even if they'll end up to be identical with the optos at least they'll look sweeeet, bye bye cash, I'll be eating macaroni for rest of the month... :p

So basically this is more of a speed oriented disc than a comet? I hear lots of comparisons to the buzzz and meteor, but it seems like the flight more resembles a slightly faster comet with a little less glide from the actual throwers descriptions.

So.....'new age comet' or no? I'm probably going to pick one up today, regardless, it sounds like an interesting disc.

Buy one today and report back here. It's more or less what you're describing. We're getting to a level of detail in describing disc flights on this site that concerns me... Though I doubt I would give the edge to the Comet in glide, then again I couldn't really qualify or quantify that statement if I wanted to.

I've got a GL and an Opto on the way. I love my Cores and am hoping that these will replace my comets. I love the comet, but I find them to be a little too touchy because of the low speed. I tend to hit them too hard and then they turn and burn. I know this is not the discs fault, but I would love a disc that flies similar to a comet that I can throw the same as I throw my Cores.

Less LSS?! So it's like -1/0 on the GGGT chart? I think the QMS is -1/1, and that seems pretty generous in the LSS department to me.

emiller3 said:
Less LSS?! So it's like -1/0 on the GGGT chart? I think the QMS is -1/1, and that seems pretty generous in the LSS department to me.

That's the Aurora's LSS...I'll bet Blake would agree that the Q version is more like 1.5, but that 1 is based on an average of all available plastics. I'd say the Fuse is a 1. It is less than the Buzzz, which is rated a 1 (once again, an average across plastics, Z is like 1.5). In terms of premium plastic, I've not thrown a disc that had such little Fade and was still as HSS as the Fuse.

discspeed said:
emiller3 said:
In terms of premium plastic, I've not thrown a disc that had such little Fade and was still as HSS as the Fuse.

This.

Threw mine a bunch Sun, for more shots than I normally would have just to force the learning curve. After my first Fuse round in dead calm, this was 0-15mph with 90deg shifts. I'll generalize that this day's wind had a minor effect on head/cross stability, but a line drive attempt at deuce with a tailwind can generate a whole lot of overthrow...

Jeronimo said:
discspeed said:
emiller3 said:
In terms of premium plastic, I've not thrown a disc that had such little Fade and was still as HSS as the Fuse.

This.

This

I just got mine a couple days ago. boy oh boy this thing holds a line like no other. and the only disc that I can think of that has more glide than this baby is the condor.

Got to get one and throw it for a bit during lunch.

I must say that I am impressed with the glide - it is pretty damn close to the glide of a comet. The fade is somewhat substantial compared to a comet though, but that may be easily manipulated out of the flight with different heights and nose angles.

First impression - very solid disc. Worth a look for sure, it's going to spend some time in my bag for a while.

victorb said:
Got to get one and throw it for a bit during lunch.

I must say that I am impressed with the glide - it is pretty damn close to the glide of a comet. The fade is somewhat substantial compared to a comet though, but that may be easily manipulated out of the flight with different heights and nose angles.

First impression - very solid disc. Worth a look for sure, it's going to spend some time in my bag for a while.

This is my opinion from my experience with this disc... If you are having that noticeable of fade when throwing the Fuse, try to throw it faster, it can handle it. The only times I really see this thing fade out are when I air ball it VERY high and don't impart a whole lot of spin on it. If you're looking for a laser straight shot, don't finesse it like you would a Comet, instead grip it and rip it.

so now that more people have had a chance to throw this thing, what are peoples opinions on a place in their bags? I currently have a Core for my stable/understable midrange,and have zero problems having it hold a perfect anhyzer line and a wasp for my stable/overstable slot. On holes the core is a bit too long, I have been playing with a putter for the anhyzer shots. Would this be a better choice and worth using for this shot? I love my Cores, and the feel of the plastic, so would love to get a Fuse. I just want to know its got a place in my bag before I just order one :p

weedjj said:
so now that more people have had a chance to throw this thing, what are peoples opinions on a place in their bags? I currently have a Core for my stable/understable midrange,and have zero problems having it hold a perfect anhyzer line and a wasp for my stable/overstable slot. On holes the core is a bit too long, I have been playing with a putter for the anhyzer shots. Would this be a better choice and worth using for this shot? I love my Cores, and the feel of the plastic, so would love to get a Fuse. I just want to know its got a place in my bag before I just order one :p

All I see is that you could use your Core for longer straight shots and use the Fuse for short touch straight shots and anhyzers. Imagine a 300-350' shot where you have to throw something high and left (RHBH) and let the disc reach the apex and then turn and hold all the way to the ground while still going forward. I know that the Buzzz is not great at this shot...its too stable even when fairly beat to do this shot easily without having to be thrown hard and pretty perfectly (easy to make a mistake). The Fuse is MUCH better at these types of shots.

I think the panther and comet had a baby, and the fuse was what came out. :lol:

Seriously though, I don't know if it's what I want in that slot in my bag, it's almost too fast to be a touch turnover/straight disc.