• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its not card board, it is plastic corragate board the stuff is what you see yard signs made of

My mistake. We'll see how it holds up after a few rounds. Can't say enough good things about The Simian. I was worried about shelling out that kind of money for a bag, but this thing is built like a tank! I will definitely be recommending one to all of the crew I play with.

A frame made predominantly of card-board? Really? For a $60 small bag? The stitching and material is top notch, but I just don't see how that frame is gonna last. The free-floating pieces of PVC are already being problematic. They simply will not stay where they are supposed to, even with a full bag.

On my Kong, the corrugated plastic has lasted 18 months. It's my least favorite part of the bag and I have the divider off to the side.

Do you have the 2 outside pieces of the plastic under the flaps? If the whole unit is free-floating, I can see where it would seem flimsy. But installed properly, it should be pretty solid.

I'm in the process of selling a couple other bags so I can purchase a simian, I can't wait.

My mistake. We'll see how it holds up after a few rounds. Can't say enough good things about The Simian. I was worried about shelling out that kind of money for a bag, but this thing is built like a tank! I will definitely be recommending one to all of the crew I play with.

The plastic on my GB bags has held up great. I think you will be fine as long as your not one to throw or kick your bag. I only say that becouse I watched a guy unload on his Revo and broke the rollcage. I thought he was going to cry when he realized what his temper tantrum had just cost him.

I've owned my Simian for over 2 years now, have used it for probably 100+ rounds of golf, and I wanted to share my thoughts for anyone considering purchasing this bag.

Durability: I've been extremely pleased with this aspect of the construction. I have treated the bag pretty roughly during this time(no kicking or throwing, though!) and I don't see any signs of wear on any seams, zippers, or corners.

One modification I did that I would highly recommend is to apply truck rubber goop to the entire bottom of the bag. I've used my Simian in three tournaments with gnarly weather, and without this truck rubber coating, if you're sitting on the bag frequently, it can start to soak up and seep through the bottom.

Storage: My only initial complaint was discs falling out of the back, but as soon as someone told me to stack the discs upside down, that fixed all of my problems. I can violently pick up and swing the bag around onto my back, and discs never fall out. I carry 4 mids and 9 drivers in the main section, and 4 putters on the two side putter holsters.

The side pockets are great for personal items and other disc golf implements, but the best place to store garments and other bulky stuff is actually in the main compartment. If you pull a couple of discs out of the lowest 'tier', you can stuff a jacket/undershirt/removable pant legs underneath, it's quite spacious down there.

The built-in seat: Absolutely love it. I'm a big fella(over 250lb) and the frame still feels sturdy, and the foam padding means it's comfy even during long waits at the tee. Sometimes the top foam/plywood can get a little bit out of line with the PVC frame, but it's easy to adjust back into place. This is by far the 'coolest' feature.

As a backpack: for all of the storage, and the built-in seat, the bag is surprisingly lightweight. The straps that came with the bag are my one and only real complaint about the bag(and I'd guess that since then Mr. Gorilla Boy might have switched to new ones!) They were skinny, small, and flimsy, causing the weight of the bag to dig into my collarbones and neck in a pretty uncomfortable way. The geometry of them was also just... weird. The center portion that held the straps in place to the back of the bag tended to slip out of place, causing one strap to suddenly slack out while walking.

This was pretty easily remedied, by purchasing a pair of quad shocks and replacing the straps that came with the bag. They took a little maneuvering to get in place, but they fit like a charm.

Final thoughts: The only other backpack bag I've owned was a Revolution Dual Pack, and the Simian absolutely crushes it. Not having to carry a stool, and having all of the storage I need, makes the Simian an ideal tournament bag.

xnow that the weekend is over I am gonna start working on some kong's now. the silverbacks are all done and up on the store, I did take pics of them all but for some reason i couldn't get them up loaded to the store yet, gonna have to figure that one out. should be roughly two weeks till all the kong's get done.

OK, so I just ordered a Kelly Green Silverback that was "In Stock".

That does mean it's ready to be shipped correct?
At least that's what the website says as of right now.
Even if I have to wait for it to be made, I'm so excited.

I'm hoping to get it by my Birthday which is the 15th. So that's why I'm really hoping that it is ready to be shipped.

OK, so I just ordered a Kelly Green Silverback that was "In Stock".

That does mean it's ready to be shipped correct?
At least that's what the website says as of right now.
Even if I have to wait for it to be made, I'm so excited.

I'm hoping to get it by my Birthday which is the 15th. So that's why I'm really hoping that it is ready to be shipped.

I do not put any thing on the store any more unless i have it made already (except for simains and LE silverbacks).your order will be shipping soon.

Latest posts