• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

So with the memorial coming up, I've been trying to bare down and pick my OS putter. I originally used the Harp for almost everything, but then came the Sinus. The Sinus replaced my OS harp for awhile, but my only problem was, if I got a bad release and put ANY wobble on the disc into a headwind, it would flip like crazy. I was really able to test this today in a good 10-15mph headwind. The harp just comes out cleaner. So I will be bagging 3 harps for the Memorial. My VIP which is beef, a new medium for a little less, and my beat to hell medium which turns.

Hard harps are getting beat too fast for me because I can't avoid trees. Tossed the VIP harp in the bag instead. Wow just like I remembered the hards being the first few rounds. I shot very well with this in some strong crossing winds. Just hung it out there and let the disc do its thing. So glad I got a VIP. I'm wondering if a justice is needed with this beef stick in the bag.

Hard harps are getting beat too fast for me because I can't avoid trees. Tossed the VIP harp in the bag instead. Wow just like I remembered the hards being the first few rounds. I shot very well with this in some strong crossing winds. Just hung it out there and let the disc do its thing. So glad I got a VIP. I'm wondering if a justice is needed with this beef stick in the bag.

I have a justice but never felt the need to add it to the bag, or felt like I needed what it had to offer. My VIP harp has just always been consistently OS, and I just know it so well. The Justice will be faster, but considering how hard I throw each disc, I don't need that extra 30 feet I might get out of a justice.

Picked up a tourney plastic harp, lovely disc, not loving it for what I got it for. Was looking for something like a firebird where I can just put oats on it like the Quaker man and have it cruise straight. To my dismay, I actually have to perform a decent forehand to get a good flight. Would a zone be better at what I'm looking for? Also how do tourney and VIP compare? Any noticeable differences?

Picked up a tourney plastic harp, lovely disc, not loving it for what I got it for. Was looking for something like a firebird where I can just put oats on it like the Quaker man and have it cruise straight. To my dismay, I actually have to perform a decent forehand to get a good flight. Would a zone be better at what I'm looking for? Also how do tourney and VIP compare? Any noticeable differences?

Maybe you got a weird one.. the vip i had was so beefy i couldnt flick it, but i have a more touch forehand. Try the 400 a2, it absorbs wobbles

I'm bagging a TP Harp, and it's doing what I want: solid fade finish, fights the winds. My TP Harp is somewhat brickish (no glide) compared to my original expectations, but on shots on my home course where I absolutely have to have that fade, the Harp comes out and gets the job done.

I just got a BT Hard Harp but have not had a chance to throw it yet, so that comparison will come later this week...

Putters are much less forgiving for Oat than a Firebird. In general, a Firebird is more overstable than any putter, even a Zone or Harp. Of course part of this is that a Firebird requires much more speed and spin to have its ideal flight than a superoverstable putter, so unless you are really getting on Firebird, it is just going to be stupid overstable. I flick a Zone, but nothing over 150. I can get more than that, but with significantly less consistency and instead just step up to an "understable" Firebird if I want more than 150 and less than 250.

But the Harp can be a good disc to forehand on more touch shots. Try it for around 50 to 100 first and work your way up from there. I actually forehand my approaches more than backhand, even though I backhand significantly more for every other shot.

Hmm. See? Somebody splain me?

Attachments

• IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1205.jpg
    IMG_1205.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 77
It's the new stamp. It seems that most if not all Westside stamps are being modified this year.

mail call just delivered a VIP harp, she is a beauty! can't wait to compare her to my current Medium and TP versions

for me, My TP deco- dye version is my least OS Harp so far, then beat medium-- jury is out on the VIP version

--- argh! too many great OS putters and not enough room for putters in my bag!

I've been throwing the BT Hard but these Megasofts feel so nice. Really considering changing that up.

I feel like calling a Harp a putter is kind of weird. It really feels more like a speed 4 midrange to me. Am I alone in that?

I feel like calling a Harp a putter is kind of weird. It really feels more like a speed 4 midrange to me. Am I alone in that?

Nope, you are correct sir. I feel the same about the Zone and Envy. Both discs I love, but definitely in the approach category between putter and midrange.

I've been throwing the BT Hard but these Megasofts feel so nice. Really considering changing that up.

No, your definitely not. I throw mids usually on shots 275-350 and I can't throw a Harp that far, plus the rim is super blunt, so mid sounds weird.

But it's defiantly not a normal
Putter either. Though I'll use it to putt in the wind.

Harps are just so darn nice. I just got a sweeeeeet Gray BT medium with the current Majestic stamp Lynx. I use my VIP more now but in colder weather the BT comes out