• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection

Discstchers and Mach X are my favs but I played some of the MVP Black holes last year and though they were very solid. Lots of color options as well.

Anything that's not Mach III or Prodigy(T1 or2) will probably work out alright.

I would avoid red or green (unless it's a fluorescent green) since there are so many colorblind people playing the sport, majority red/green colorblind. I was playing a course last weekend with red baskets and the guy I was with had a really hard time spotting them in the woods. Even a plain silver basket would've been more visible for him.

Trolling? Not sure why you would think that unless you have the softest and loftiest putt and are trying to gain an advantage that way.

That was me about 10 years ago. I was getting really good with the loft and discatchers drove me crazy. I've since changed up my putt and discatchers are probably my favorite target.

Regarding baskets for Highbridge, I think high visibility should always be a priority on wooded courses. I do like Chuck's color coding scheme though.

Just an outside observer who is interested in the ongoing drama. What exactly is going on here? Other than getting ideas for new baskets, it just seems like another tangent with no real details.

Just an outside observer who is interested in the ongoing drama. What exactly is going on here? Other than getting ideas for new baskets, it just seems like another tangent with no real details.

You're going to have to start over at the beginning. Set aside several hours. Open up the highbridge thread and have at it. If you get through the entire thing, and come back here still confused about what is going on, well then you're still in the same understanding as the rest of us, there's no fully comprehending this place.

At this pointing this thread, golfers who have played HH are discussing what baskets they would like to see on the reborn courses, as some of/all of the existing baskets have been removed.

Who are we to tell them there will never be disc golf played at this place again?

I think hyzflip10's question was, not "What's this basket talk about?", but "Is there any recent news about the status and future of the course?"

The answer seems to be that there isn't any news, so the discussion is wandering off in other directions. Surely, if something, anything, actually happens that changes the status, or clarifies the future, someone will let us know. Particularly if it's a future that's decidedly different than the past.

I was just worried I missed something that's all. Someday I would love to make a road trip and play a few WI courses, and like the idea that Blueberry Hill still exists.

You're going to have to start over at the beginning. Set aside several hours. Open up the highbridge thread and have at it. If you get through the entire thing, and come back here still confused about what is going on, well then you're still in the same understanding as the rest of us, there's no fully comprehending this place.

Been there, done that my friend. Have been following this thread for months as a casual observer. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to know that there is another dysfunctional situation with great disc golf out there.

Nothing is set in stone but I can tell you guys what has been discussed. As far as baskets are concerned, the idea was to represent the major equipment makers in one place as a showcase for their style of basket. We have talked about adding a second basket to most holes.Chestnut may be sacrificed for a campground and festival grounds. We have talked about a pitch and putt practice course to replace Chestnut. Yes, there will be festivals but no one will be allowed to camp on any of the courses. We talked about a modern campground with water and electric hookups, a dump station, monthly and seasonal sites, a canteen with snacks and drinks, maybe a lounge with a limited bar type menu (pizza, burgers etc.). We talked about half pipes and tube runs, xc ski trails, a groomed winter dg course. And we talked about maybe someday getting a liquor license, which probably has some of you drooling right now lol.

Some of this stuff can be done right away, some will take years to complete, some plans will be abandoned. Nothing quite like this has been done before, and I'm sure we'll stumble and fall a few times, and sacrifices will have to be made. It's gonna be hard work but we think it's worth the effort, and input from the dg community will be essential. I think everyone knows it's now or never for HH.

Nothing is set in stone but I can tell you guys what has been discussed. As far as baskets are concerned, the idea was to represent the major equipment makers in one place as a showcase for their style of basket. We have talked about adding a second basket to most holes.Chestnut may be sacrificed for a campground and festival grounds. We have talked about a pitch and putt practice course to replace Chestnut. Yes, there will be festivals but no one will be allowed to camp on any of the courses. We talked about a modern campground with water and electric hookups, a dump station, monthly and seasonal sites, a canteen with snacks and drinks, maybe a lounge with a limited bar type menu (pizza, burgers etc.). We talked about half pipes and tube runs, xc ski trails, a groomed winter dg course. And we talked about maybe someday getting a liquor license, which probably has some of you drooling right now lol.

Some of this stuff can be done right away, some will take years to complete, some plans will be abandoned. Nothing quite like this has been done before, and I'm sure we'll stumble and fall a few times, and sacrifices will have to be made. It's gonna be hard work but we think it's worth the effort, and input from the dg community will be essential. I think everyone knows it's now or never for HH.
While it's an interesting idea to have multiple manufactures represented, I would think you could get a significant quantity discount if you went with just one. This would also be more conducive to holding large top tier tournaments (if I were a pro I wouldn't want to be playing a different Target each round. Mach Xs would get my vote, followed by veterans and then discatchers.

Last edited:
While it's an interesting idea to have multiple manufactures represented, I would think you could get a significant quantity discount if you went with just one. This would also be more conducive to holding large top tier tournaments (if I were a pro I wouldn't want to be playing a different Target each round. Mach Xs would get my vote, followed by veterans and then discatchers.
More marketing benefit when representing multiple manufacturers on the site than putting all eggs in one basket even if those eggs might be somewhat cheaper. For example, when we ran Pro Worlds, each course had a manufacturer sponsor. It's even more important now with so many more Championship target manufacturers with pro teams than 2004 when the baskets were first acquired. If the revival plan is seen as solid, you may even see some manufacturers lobbying HBH with very attractive deals to place their targets on the hill. Note that manufacturers donated the baskets for building the multiple course complex at the International Disc Golf Center in Georgia.

More marketing benefit when representing multiple manufacturers on the site than putting all eggs in one basket even if those eggs might be somewhat cheaper. For example, when we ran Pro Worlds, each course had a manufacturer sponsor. It's even more important now with so many more Championship target manufacturers with pro teams than 2004 when the baskets were first acquired. If the revival plan is seen as solid, you may even see some manufacturers lobbying HBH with very attractive deals to place their targets on the hill. Note that manufacturers donated the baskets for building the multiple course complex at the International Disc Golf Center in Georgia.
This is exactly what we had in mind, having each course sponsored by a different manufacturer. If this project draws the attention I think it will, it could be a boon to all dg companies who are willing to get involved. And I do know that an effort will be made to reimburse everyone who was originally screwed by JJ in the first place. Again, no promises at this time, but we will strive to do our best.

I was just looking at the Big Top Chautauqua lineup from last year, lots of national talent performing up there all summer long. If Highbridge was set up for music festivals with a proper stage, it shouldn't be too hard convincing some of those artists to take a side gig at HH maybe once a month on top of any festivals we may have.