• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection

As a sort of unofficial spokesman I want to keep people informed, but on the other hand there are still people actively working against us so I don't want to give too much away. Actually the real estate transaction is none of my business either and I know very little about that part, the same with MMs interactions with John and the details of his recent illness. But I believe him when he tells me that everything is on track, and I'm operating under the belief that the plan is still in place. I wish I could be more specific, but all we can do at the moment is ask for patience and promise to keep the community informed as much as possible.

I have worked with way to many people that like to tell everyone what they are going to do....
and not get things done.

I have learned that I would rather people get things done and talk about what they did.

I think I read MM say he would rather under promise and over deliver.

I am okay with that and actually prefer it.

Cool Story

Cool story. Met with the owner, made a down payment, and bought Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex, on Sunday. Had an 8 hour round trip, with light to medium snow falling. The entire day felt just like my trip to Detroit 8yrs ago, the day that I bought my first disc golf course...Mountain Man's Playground, Ironwood MI. Both of these days were surreal days.

This is my vision for 2019.

Our primary focus will always be on the disc golf, and the disc golf courses. Getting a course open is a priority. Getting more open is a second priority, and having all courses open is third priority. To be clear, there are currently 6 courses here. Blueberry, Gold, Granite, The Bear, Woodland Greens, and Chestnut. I've always clung to a Chuck K. comment about Tiki Course's, so perhaps we'll try one on for size.

Second priority will be the courses. We will be putting back everything to the original Chuck Kennedy designs. The lines will be brushed out and opened up. Chuck has mentioned digging up his alt position notebooks, and really hooking us up.

We'll be having several Tournaments this year, first one will be last weekend of April. If you are interested in running an event here, please let us know.

Our third priority is getting set up for camping. We are working with Ashland County Officials on this matter.

I will figure out a system for communication and reservations, etc.

Not to be pedantic, but there's usually a distinction between made a down payment (contracted to buy) and owning.

But that said, I'll bet Sunday was an extremely giddy day. Heck, I remember the day we contracted to buy land that would eventually become a disc golf course, and the day we left the closing, drove to the property, and walked on land that was ours---both were thrilling. And that was just for 62 acres of vacant land.

Great to hear MM!! CONGRATS!!! :hfive:

Glad to have you back, hope you are feeling better. :thmbup:

Cool story. Met with the owner, made a down payment, and bought Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex, on Sunday. Had an 8 hour round trip, with light to medium snow falling. The entire day felt just like my trip to Detroit 8yrs ago, the day that I bought my first disc golf course...Mountain Man's Playground, Ironwood MI. Both of these days were surreal days.

This is my vision for 2019.

Our primary focus will always be on the disc golf, and the disc golf courses. Getting a course open is a priority. Getting more open is a second priority, and having all courses open is third priority. To be clear, there are currently 6 courses here. Blueberry, Gold, Granite, The Bear, Woodland Greens, and Chestnut. I've always clung to a Chuck K. comment about Tiki Course's, so perhaps we'll try one on for size.

Second priority will be the courses. We will be putting back everything to the original Chuck Kennedy designs. The lines will be brushed out and opened up. Chuck has mentioned digging up his alt position notebooks, and really hooking us up.

We'll be having several Tournaments this year, first one will be last weekend of April. If you are interested in running an event here, please let us know.

Our third priority is getting set up for camping. We are working with Ashland County Officials on this matter.

I will figure out a system for communication and reservations, etc.

Great to hear. When you say, met with the owner, what owner are you talking about? Aren't there multiple owners? Doesn't John own some of the property? Are you going to be the owner of all of HH?

Great to hear. When you say, met with the owner, what owner are you talking about? Aren't there multiple owners? Doesn't John own some of the property? Are you going to be the owner of all of HH?

I was wondering this same thing. The ownership situation sounded complicated.

There are probably still lots of important details to be hashed out, more than you tell us, but a meeting and a down payment are great signs. That's some real, measurable progress.

Hope the camping works out. Will there be other streams of revenue? Music festivals had been discussed? Will the course be pay to play? It's just so hard not to be skeptical given HBH's past.

Questions aside, Good work mm! Get that course up and running again!

Yeah, or just turn Chestnut into a 9-hole or your tiki course. It's separated enough from the main grounds that it should keep courses from being trampled and baskets from being destroyed in the event that these concerts are what we've seen in the past.

This is kind of the same information we have received here a couple times. It does not seem as if MM is looking to disclose any information, just teasing us with hope that HB will not die. I expect in his own time he will share.

please never do green baskets, this shouldn't even be a color option from manufacturers. We have courses in woods, why do we camouflage baskets? the point is that they should stand out.

Have you ever played on them? I've played a couple courses with green prodigys, in the woods, and had zero issues. In fact, they were far easier to find than any silver basket without a band. They are bright green, it's not like they are making them in forest green.

Human eyes see more shades of green than any other color, so it's pretty easy to pick up on bright green, even with a darker green background.

Agreed. Green-banded baskets can be quite visible, depending on the shade of green.

Have you ever played on them? I've played a couple courses with green prodigys, in the woods, and had zero issues. In fact, they were far easier to find than any silver basket without a band. They are bright green, it's not like they are making them in forest green.

Human eyes see more shades of green than any other color, so it's pretty easy to pick up on bright green, even with a darker green background.

The Prodigy baskets are definitely the right shade of green. Very visible. We have them locally here at River Park in Benton Harbor and throughout the seasons they stay very visible against a variety of shades of natural green.

-Dave

If you plan to do a Tiki course, locating it on the Chestnut site seems to make the most sense for both local and tourist access. It's right on County C for visibility. There will be parking, rest rooms, check-in location, nearby power for all kinds of LED course and basket lighting plus I seem to remember the County added a few lights on the highway. It's next to the camping area for access all hours. A true 18-hole Tiki course with most holes between 50-125 feet could weave in and out of the mostly wooded space of the original Chestnut 9 and leave much of the big open space (where the big basket is mowed into the hill) for festivals.

yes a local course has them, ran a league at said course. Bright green during the spring and fall is no bueno for me. We will just agree to disagree on this, green anything in the woods, i dont care what shade doens't work for my vision. Maybe it does for yours and a majority of the other human eyes you know but most people in my area that have played this course think along the same lines as me.

This is kind of the same information we have received here a couple times. It does not seem as if MM is looking to disclose any information, just teasing us with hope that HB will not die. I expect in his own time he will share.

I found his "Met with the owner, made a down payment, and bought Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex, on Sunday" to be a lot more substantive than all that's preceded it.

I found his "Met with the owner, made a down payment, and bought Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex, on Sunday" to be a lot more substantive than all that's preceded it.

Credit where credit is due......though the definition of owner is a complete unknown.