• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection

True. But it's not nearly as cryptic as earlier posts. There's some meat on the bones there, as well as the outline for the future. Whatever the definition of "owner" is, it apparently involves a transfer of money, which must be buying something, whether real estate or rights. (Taking the post at face value, of course).

Not a lot of details, but hey, you can come visit us and play Stoney Hill, without knowing the details of our ownership or plans, either. I'd love to have the details of HBH, but I'm not sure I'm entitled to them. At least at this point.

given the past comments, it seems clear to me that he means he has bought Anne and Roger's property (or some of it anyway). what's not clear to me... i don't know if there is a HBH LLC or something like that, who owns it if there is, and if he also bought that.

anyway, it's great news! i'm super pumped about a shot at getting to HBH

given the past comments, it seems clear to me that he means he has bought Anne and Roger's property (or some of it anyway). what's not clear to me... i don't know if there is a HBH LLC or something like that, who owns it if there is, and if he also bought that.

Out of curiosity, how much of the courses are whose properties?---Anne's & Roger's, John's, John's relatives, and/or other people?

Out of curiosity, how much of the courses are whose properties?---Anne's & Roger's, John's, John's relatives, and/or other people?

For someone who doesn't want or isn't entitled to any details, you sure ask for alot of details, lol. jk of course.

I'm just going to sit back and watch as things unfold now. It sounds like the wheels are in motion for wherever they go. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

For someone who doesn't want or isn't entitled to any details, you sure ask for alot of details, lol. jk of course.

I'm just going to sit back and watch as things unfold now. It sounds like the wheels are in motion for wherever they go. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Guilty as charged.

I think the HBH LLC was forfeited due to unpaid taxes but im not 100%

So the golf course comes first eh? Mowing and trimming is the easy part. Lots of new teepads are needed but i would fix the campground before all that. It was the campground that got JJ shut down last year and it might help build rapport with the county if their issues are dealt with right away. Despite Johns bereavement, from what I experienced the county was always cordial with him and gave him second and third chances to get his things in order to comply. At a destination course like this people will need a place to stay.

So the golf course comes first eh? Mowing and trimming is the easy part. Lots of new teepads are needed but i would fix the campground before all that. It was the campground that got JJ shut down last year and it might help build rapport with the county if their issues are dealt with right away. Despite Johns bereavement, from what I experienced the county was always cordial with him and gave him second and third chances to get his things in order to comply. At a destination course like this people will need a place to stay.

Plenty of hotels 20 miles away in Ashland.

Don't allow camping.

The statement "At a destination course like this people will need a place to stay." is simply not true.

Don't allow camping.

The statement "At a destination course like this people will need a place to stay." is simply not true.

No, no, he was right - frolfers want camping.

I bet tournament turnout at a course 3+ hrs away for most everybody would be much lower if everyone also has to fork up money for a hotel, or even camp at a nearby campsite. On site camping is a huge draw for the disc golf crowd. See: Justin Trails Open

Waking up and walking onto a course is a different and better experience than waking up and driving to the course. Not to mention, if you are off-site all of your supplies are not readily on-hand all day long like they are with on-site camping.

Last edited:

Don't allow camping.

I disagree with your sentiment re: the value of on site accommodations for destination courses.

I travel for "destination" golf multiple times every year. On site lodging is a huge bonus factor that sets certain locations apart from others. Lots of places with lots of great courses and I'll always try to find those that I can stay at, whether that's camping, cabins, or other rentals. Not a requirement but it sure beats all the driving required when the option isn't there.

I'd have still loved the golf but I would not have enjoyed my HBH experience as much if I hadn't been on site. And the Honka wasn't in good shape, but it was right where we needed to be.

Are people going to camp if there aren't good courses to play, or aren't courses in good condition?

Ultimately, they have to do a lot of things to make the venture a success (by whatever measure). They can't do them all first. Seems to me like the courses are the draw, so a good place to start.

Don't allow camping.

:thmbdown::thmbdown::thmbdown::thmbdown::thmbdown::thmbdown:

Couldn't disagree more, I've had some really really rough nights camping there and would still do that before driving 20 miles back and forth each way. Money for the hotel isn't even the issue, I want to be on-site.

Are people going to camp if there aren't good courses to play, or aren't courses in good condition?

Ultimately, they have to do a lot of things to make the venture a success (by whatever measure). They can't do them all first. Seems to me like the courses are the draw, so a good place to start.

Kinda depends on the clientele I guess. Is there demand for camping in the area among non-dg'ers? Maybe it might make more financial sense to get that up and running so there is some cash flow for the courses. Of course, I have no idea since I've never been there...

I will say though, as I get older the less and less tent camping appeals to me. I used to be all about it years ago but now? Lol not so much. A 20 mile drive to stay in a climate controlled environment on a bed off the ground sounds pretty freaking awesome after a long day of discing. :p

Oh boy I forgot who I was dealing with, hahahahaha! Carry on, disc golfers! As you were.

Who are you dealing with? People that disagreed with you?

My point was not to say the courses don't need attention or work. My point was to disagree with your sentiment that camping shouldn't be allowed. With Zero courses played guessing you don't travel much for golf? Makes me wonder why you would consider your opinion to hold any value and decide to offer it up.

I made my position known and offered some info to shed light on why I feel that way. You made a post, were disagreed with, and responded with above because maybe you don't have anything of substance to say. Let me know if you ever want to meet to bag your first course. Maybe if you start playing courses you won't be such a PoorPutter...

By time HBH gets back underway, Whitecap ski resort 25 minutes away may be the ideal place to stay. From what I understand, they are developing a Championship layout on the site and I assume they will have attractive off season rates for lodging. For Pro Worlds, we created an Olympic village atmosphere where many competitors, especially international, and staff stayed.

Kinda depends on the clientele I guess. Is there demand for camping in the area among non-dg'ers? Maybe it might make more financial sense to get that up and running so there is some cash flow for the courses. Of course, I have no idea since I've never been there...

I will say though, as I get older the less and less tent camping appeals to me. I used to be all about it years ago but now? Lol not so much. A 20 mile drive to stay in a climate controlled environment on a bed off the ground sounds pretty freaking awesome after a long day of discing. :p

I'm with you.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be camping---just that it's not the first priority. Unless a campground can be profitable on its own, of course.

There are certainly disc golfers for whom camping (or other onsite lodging) is a valuable amenity. And others for whom it doesn't matter. It just seems to me, from a thousand miles away, that the disc golf is the main thing. Get that right, first, then worry about lodging.

Or, at the very least, with my very limited information, I can understand their taking that approach.