• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I think it is an Orc. It is the disc on the right of the comparison, Beast on the left. Notice the Beast is not as blunt nosed (although it is the flattest disc I have ever seen and has a super high plh for a Beast). Both are from 2004 and have the same wing width.

Attachments

• orc1.jpg
    orc1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 30
  • orc3.jpg
    orc3.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 29
  • orc4.jpg
    orc4.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Starfires are a great thing to check if you have a custom stamped 2003-04ish disc. When the Starfire came out, Innova tried a marketing thing where you could ONLY get them in a custom stamp deal. They didn't release them with a regular stock stamp for a couple of years after it was out. As a result, they were are really, really popular CFR disc in that time frame.

I'm thinking more Starfire. thick edge.... compare it to a Starfire and see what you think...

Starfires are a great thing to check if you have a custom stamped 2003-04ish disc. When the Starfire came out, Innova tried a marketing thing where you could ONLY get them in a custom stamp deal. They didn't release them with a regular stock stamp for a couple of years after it was out. As a result, they were are really, really popular CFR disc in that time frame.

Thanks, I don't have a Starfire or another Orc to compare it to, but I am sure I can find someone in my club that has one. Appreciate the assistance.

I know. I think some of those old CFR Starfires are valuable now. I have a few of them around. Great mold, even to this day.

The champion plastic of that era was outstanding too.

what is this?

No Numbers.. (Even patent numbers)
No stamp of any kind....
Does anyone know what this is;

Attachments

• whatdisc.jpg
    whatdisc.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 54
What are the initials on the inside?

There should be some sharpie type hand written initials in the center of the disc, along with the weight.

Is it a deceiving picture or does that have an asymmetrical rim? From what I can see I'd guess Epic.

Is it a deceiving picture or does that have an asymmetrical rim? From what I can see I'd guess Epic.

Is this being moved to the appropriate thread? Good!

I thought so at first too. But, I think the widest part of the rim on an Epic is bigger than what is shown in this pic. It would help greatly if we saw a bottom or side view.

My only conclusion so far is Huk Lab stamp.

The ONLY markings are the "Innova Champion Discs, Inc." on the bottom...
No numbers either marked or stamped....

I was thinking Boss when I first saw it. Can you post a profile pic? Some of the guys on here could figure it out from that I would bet.

My dad has a Teebird or Thunderbird as a disc that says in smaller letters Pro like a Pro disc above the Champion like a Champion disc of the era he got the disc in in 2005. It is not see through like the Champion discs nor is like the Pro Plastic, actutally it feels like a combo of Pro and Champion being more Champion then Pro plastic but still some Pro Plastic in the disc. This disc was gotten in 2005 kind of just before Star plastic Came out. Was a Pro Champion plastic ever a thing where they had a combo of the two in the disc? Also the disc has a minimal G Star luster to it. Disc is in rough shape due to a crack in the wing, making it a 6/10 so I know the disc is not that valuable now.

My dad has a Teebird or Thunderbird as a disc that says in smaller letters Pro like a Pro disc above the Champion like a Champion disc of the era he got the disc in in 2005. It is not see through like the Champion discs nor is like the Pro Plastic, actutally it feels like a combo of Pro and Champion being more Champion then Pro plastic but still some Pro Plastic in the disc. This disc was gotten in 2005 kind of just before Star plastic Came out. Was a Pro Champion plastic ever a thing where they had a combo of the two in the disc? Also the disc has a minimal G Star luster to it. Disc is in rough shape due to a crack in the wing, making it a 6/10 so I know the disc is not that valuable now.

Probably what is now referred to as "proline" plastic- sort of transitional between CE and champion- best plastic Innova ever made.