• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Yea, it could be. The dome looks about right and it does have that discraft fairway/mid tweener look to the rim. Like the Zombee, which is something else it could be. If it flies like a mildly worn in Roc3(more or less straight but resists turn) its probly a Zombee. If it flies like a well broken in roc3, its a Glide

If it was an impact, you would know right away. They have a weird texturing on the rim, like if they tried to cross out tooling.

Last edited:
Yea, it could be. The dome looks about right and it does have that discraft fairway/mid tweener look to the rim. Like the Zombee, which is something else it could be. If it flies like a mildly worn in Roc3(more or less straight but resists turn) its probly a Zombee. If it flies like a well broken in roc3, its a Glide

If it was an impact, you would know right away. They have a weird texturing on the rim, like if they tried to cross out tooling.

Same with the Glide, big bead on a non crosshatch Impact rim. The disc I think it might be if the top does not say Discraft is the one mold that is one of the Speed 6 DGA midrange discs with the Impact like flight, the Squall. That mold looks like a modified Buzz that is between a Buzz and Buzz US.

The Zombee to me is like an old-school large diameter driver. There is a little concave to the wing and it has a sharper, driver-like nose profile. In looks it says "large diameter Cheetah" to me. The Glide has a mid top on a fairway driver-sized wing; it's a classic tweener. You should easily be able to tell a Glide from a Zombee from a picture of the nose profile, which is cut off in the picture he posted.

The Zombee to me is like an old-school large diameter driver. There is a little concave to the wing and it has a sharper, driver-like nose profile. In looks it says "large diameter Cheetah" to me. The Glide has a mid top on a fairway driver-sized wing; it's a classic tweener. You should easily be able to tell a Glide from a Zombee from a picture of the nose profile, which is cut off in the picture he posted.

Glide has a Bead to it, a big bead if I am mistaken and no super noticeable concave to the wing. By your description that makes the ? stamped disc a Zombie.

A DGA mold I mentioned earlier I now know the Discraft disc is not, SP has shiny flecks in the plastic and SP had much earlier in 2000's when SP first came out a true Shimmer to the plastic something that I do not see in that disc.

4ca6ad99-5428-42d2-ad27-1121f3c4ca94Discraft%20Profile%20-%20Glide%20Elite%20Z.jpg

Yep... huge bead.:|

I went to the local disc golf shop. Disc n dat and got some help. Narrowed it down to something around a discraft impact. Got home and took some measurements and I think it's a glide based on inbounds disc golf information. Going to throw it this weekend to see if I might be right.

I think if you could send better pictures of the disc, it would help us out to what mold it is.

Glide has a Bead to it, a big bead if I am mistaken and no super noticeable concave to the wing. By your description that makes the ? stamped disc a Zombie.

A DGA mold I mentioned earlier I now know the Discraft disc is not, SP has shiny flecks in the plastic and SP had much earlier in 2000's when SP first came out a true Shimmer to the plastic something that I do not see in that disc.
I have no idea if the Glide has a bead or not, and I'm holding one in my hand right now. :|

With the Champ/Z-type plastics, the plastic really packs out a mold and shows the mold details (think record top; you never got details like a record top with DX plastic.) The plastic is also that translucent stuff you can peer into and see more than if you were holding a base plastic disc. So the Glide has...something. Possibly a microbead. Possibly just a somewhat uneven spot where the core and wing mold parts come together so that there is a little odd feeling right there. Probably if the Glide was run in Pro D you would never even notice it; the plastic would shrink a bit, smooth over that section with an opaque plastic and we would say it's clearly a beadless disc. But, it's a Z disc. So it might be beadless with a little molding imperfection or it might have a microbead; results inconclusive.

At any rate, it does not have a big bead.

Does this help?

Attachments

• 15765346487825101508107597128918.jpg
    15765346487825101508107597128918.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 15765347367076203866678156949725.jpg
    15765347367076203866678156949725.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 36
Any idea what this disc is? Or know anything about its history? The Stamp is for the Mid-Atlantic Disc Club 2005 World Tour. I was gifted a bag of abandoned discs. Innova disc. DX plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_8222.jpg
    IMG_8222.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8221.jpg
    IMG_8221.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8220.jpg
    IMG_8220.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 44
Another mystery?

There is zero information stamped into this. The only info is hand written on the underside. Guesses?

Attachments

• 20200201_154258.jpg
    20200201_154258.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200201_154244.jpg
    20200201_154244.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 48
There is zero information stamped into this. The only info is hand written on the underside. Guesses?

I've seen that stamp before but I can't place where.

My first thought based on the initials is a Gateway Diamond Element, but that doesn't look like Diamond plastic, nor does it look like a midrange. I'm stumped.

I've seen that stamp before but I can't place where.

My first thought based on the initials is a Gateway Diamond Element, but that doesn't look like Diamond plastic, nor does it look like a midrange. I'm stumped.

I agree and because it's Gateway, you're probably correct.

That's a "lotus" stamp that Gateway uses a lot; I've seen it on several molds. D EL should be Diamond Element as has been mentioned. It doesn't really look like Diamond plastic as has been mentioned. That's all I got. :|

I've heard back from Gateway and that disc, is indeed, a Gateway Diamond Element!
Thanks everyone!
Scott

Any idea what this disc is? Or know anything about its history? The Stamp is for the Mid-Atlantic Disc Club 2005 World Tour. I was gifted a bag of abandoned discs. Innova disc. DX plastic.

Looks like a teebird just eyeballing it