• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have an idea what this disc is? The stamp reads, "The Grange...2006 Virginia Open"
It throws about like an Eagle or TeeBird. The lip feels smooth like a Valk. It doesn't have the little tiny bump on the end of the lip/wing like the TeeBirds or Firebirds I have felt. I don't have any eagles to compare it to. I will have to get a pic of the rim/wing up as well.

Any ideas?
ChampValk.jpg

Anyone have an idea what this disc is? The stamp reads, "The Grange...2006 Virginia Open"
It throws about like an Eagle or TeeBird. The lip feels smooth like a Valk. It doesn't have the little tiny bump on the end of the lip/wing like the TeeBirds or Firebirds I have felt. I don't have any eagles to compare it to. I will have to get a pic of the rim/wing up as well.

Any ideas?
ChampValk.jpg

waiting on wing pic.

can someone tell me what this innova disc is? very close in diameter to my rancho roc. all i throw is rancho so i am not up to speed on the other roc molds. very sharp crease within the wing.

the marking appears to look like "SM', maybe san marino?

made in ontario, ca, no bead.

thanks.

2-5.jpg

1-6.jpg

Yup. That's exactly what a shark wing looks like. Check out the innova site, mah man.

You don't need three putt. Its a shark. It has a shark wing and is marked SH. What more do you need?

when did champ sharks come out and when did they go oop

Last edited:
can someone tell me what this innova disc is? very close in diameter to my rancho roc. all i throw is rancho so i am not up to speed on the other roc molds. very sharp crease within the wing.

the marking appears to look like "SM', maybe san marino?

made in ontario, ca, no bead.

thanks.

2-5.jpg

1-6.jpg

Not a San Marino Roc.
They are marked like a Roc, *R or S-R. (The asterisk makes a star, if you use your imagination.)
Besides, it's got Ontario tooling.

Sharks have the Ontario mold and have no bead.
The peanut gallery is leaning toward the Shark right now.
plus, I have a Start Shark and the SH looks very similar.
Last, no SM abbreviations in their list.
Another possibility wouid be SM for Star Monster , but it would be easy to tell if it were a Monster.

Last edited:
I just checked out a Shark in my garage and there's no way that's a Shark. The marking also looks like SM, not SH. I've never seen a Mako, is there anyway this could be a Star Mako? Are they still making discs in Ontario CA? I'll post a pic of a Shark when I find my USB cable (gosh darn kids). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.