• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have a ****ed up shark or need glasses.

I have a San Marino Shark in my hands and the edge looks nothing like that picture. And I have new prescription glasses, thank you very much. ;)

Did they change the Shark mold significantly somewhere along the line?

Here are the rim pics on the disc I posted on page 47...Feeling the rims on teebirds, eagles and firebirds...they all have a bump on the furthest edge of the rims. This is smooth and feels like a valk. But the valks I have look more like X rims than L rims...this seems like an Eagle L but doesn't have the bump on the furthest outside edge. Could this be a beast? Don't have any on hand.

The last pic is a 5X valk (front) vs the disc in question (back)

DSC_0193_1354x900.jpg

DSC_0194_1354x900.jpg

DSC_0195_1354x900.jpg

Last edited:
Heres a star shark from innova's site. note the sweet mspaint arrow pointing out the ridge in the wing

shark.jpg

look at the "disc profile page" thread ....there are beasts and eagles

I held up my Eagle-Ls to the screen and it looked pretty spot on, but I don't own Beasts to put up to it. The wing does look a bit longer in the pic than the Eagles do in person.

Moose is most likely (certainly so) correct on it.

From the profile page it resembles the beast and starfire. I have starfires on hand but no beasts. I will compare it to the starfire and see if they look/feel the same. If they are different then I am very certain it is a beast. That is how I was leaning in the first place. Thanks for all your help!

Heres a star shark from innova's site. note the sweet mspaint arrow pointing out the ridge in the wing

shark.jpg

Mine has that little ridge too, it's not nearly as severe as this one;

1-6.jpg

The angle of that ridge (especially over to the right) looks closer to 90 degrees than 180, the ridge on mine is minimally noticeable. And the marking sure looks like SM, not Sh. Sharks are legal to 180.1 so the 179 would fit. I just can't get by that second pic.

Can you get a measurement of the inside rim and outside edge? I've got a bunch of old school plastic that I could check to compare.

Are you guys still talking about that Shark?

Ridge on the wing: Check.
Ontario tooling: Check.
Large diameter: based on the 179g, I say Check.
It even says SH on the bottom. I'm not sure how more Shark it can get. I think the lighting in the picture makes the wing look funky in a couple of the pictures, but it's a Shark.

OK, this horse is approaching the status of the parakeet in the Monty Python skit. Three Putt, does that really look like Sh(or SH) and not SM to you?

OK, this horse is approaching the status of the parakeet in the Monty Python skit. Three Putt, does that really look like Sh(or SH) and not SM to you?
Actually it looks like a backward N to me. It's not so much that it looks like an SH, but SM doesn't stand for anything. The only thing you could possibly argue is San Marino Roc, but the Roc doesn't have that ridge in the wing. The Shark does have that ridge in the wing. Nothing else Innova makes had that ridge, so back we are to the Shark.

Are you guys still talking about that Shark?

Ridge on the wing: Check.
Ontario tooling: Check.
Large diameter: based on the 179g, I say Check.
It even says SH on the bottom. I'm not sure how more Shark it can get. I think the lighting in the picture makes the wing look funky in a couple of the pictures, but it's a Shark.

Definitely 'Shark'
Tried to duplicate the lighting. here' my results.
001.jpg
002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.