• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell much from the picture, but I can tell enough to know that ain't no Putt'r. I did forget about the APX, though. Does that disc have a bead? I really can't tell.

The Magnet has no bead and tooling on the bottom that says "Magnet." The APX looks a lot like a Magnet with a bead. I have some APX with no tooling and others that have tooling that says "APX" on them. I have no knowledge of a run of Z APX, but I know enough to know that doesn't mean they don't exist. The Z Magnet did exist. The Challenger didn't come out until '03.

All that adds up to a bunch of "I don't know." Did you check the tooling?

The Magnet has no bead and tooling on the bottom that says "Magnet." The APX looks a lot like a Magnet with a bead. I have some APX with no tooling and others that have tooling that says "APX" on them. I have no knowledge of a run of Z APX, but I know enough to know that doesn't mean they don't exist. The Z Magnet did exist. The Challenger didn't come out until '03.

All that adds up to a bunch of "I don't know." Did you check the tooling?

the tooling just say discraft wixom mi usa. and it gives the patent #. no name

If it has a bead and says Wixom on the tooling, it's a Challenger. I can't account for the "2002" on the stamp, so I'm just gonna ignore that.

also, i have a 12x firebird and im wondering if it is possibly an 11x with the 12x stamp. how can i know?

Need help identifying a few discs

i found these two discs in a pond and i need help identifying them. im pretty sure they are both innova discs but thats about all i can tell, they have a thinner rim so maybe some sort of fariway driver? maybe teebird? idk but here we go

the yellow one has no markings i can see but it does have tooling or embossing inside of the rim instead of on the flight plate, it has the innova patent number but doesnt say innova anywher. it appears to me to be the same mold as the other disc

the red one has the innova rancho tooling in the usual spot, it has impressions but i acnt tell what they are. they look like a buncha stuff as they arent that clear.. maybe JLS TLS TIS TS ?? whatever it is it deffintly has an S at the end unless they just wrote 175 twice

any help would be great

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

first one might be an Eagle X, the second one is probably made by discraft if it has tooling inside the rim.

The patent number isn't innova's patent, it is the one for beveled edged discs in general, innova owned the patent and licensed it out to discraft and others, until that patent expired.

Does anyone know how long discraft put the patent number on the inside rim of their discs ? I have a couple of old used Elite X and Elite Z discs with the patent number in them and they feel like better plastic then what they run today.

Z Wildcat X Wildcat X Cyclone Z XS

Any idea what a fair price would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.