• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

I admit I didn't read this entire thread but gstar seems like Flx plastic?? That's been out for a while

But could you ever get an FLX Teebird, Leopard, or Destroyer?

I think some of them are swirly too. Not that big a deal compared to the gumminess, if you ask me.

imo the destroyers are not as gummy as the other molds.. Probably due to the rim.

But could you ever get an FLX Teebird, Leopard, or Destroyer?

I think some of them are swirly too. Not that big a deal compared to the gumminess, if you ask me.

I was wondering if its as flexible as the flx. if so i wont buy it. i want the grip of flx and the stiffness of a star plastic. that would be awsome. :clap::D

imo the destroyers are not as gummy as the other molds.. Probably due to the rim.

My teebird is not as gummy as the destroyer

For me the order of gummiest to firm is:

Leopard----Tern-----TL------Destroyer-----Teebird

Just got two Foxbat discs in. Both are marked star but one is regular star and one is gstar. The gstar is Pearly and has lots of tiny metal flake in it. It's blue and it's 167. The regular is pink and 180. Really interesting.

Just got two Foxbat discs in. Both are marked star but one is regular star and one is gstar. The gstar is Pearly and has lots of tiny metal flake in it. It's blue and it's 167. The regular is pink and 180. Really interesting.

Hate to be that guy but... pics or it didn't happen

I admit I didn't read this entire thread but gstar seems like Flx plastic?? That's been out for a while

I've handled like 20 teebirds and a handful of destroyers, and thrown a few of each. They are a lot like flx, that IS a good comparison. But the destroyers do seem to be a bit more stiff, also, certain colors seem to vary in how firm they are. It is like flx but with a small bit of metal flakes, but they aren't flakes, they are like metal sand I guess. That is my best description. :clap:

Hate to be that guy but... pics or it didn't happen

Yea, I wouldnt believe it either. They are like tiny, tiny, tiny specs of flakes. I have a couple really pearly Rivers (not the lava) and the blue one is about 50% less pearly. Its there and noticeable but not near to the effect. It even has a few areas that are VERY finger printy that arent glossy at all. Its very strange. I can try to get an outside pic but it wont be for a few days because we are forecast for cloudy/snow this whole weekend.

BlueGstar2_zps00f6d319.jpg

BlueGstarFT3_zps212eaf39.jpg

The pink has no noticeable pearl or flake in it and feels exactly like all the other star stuff I have.

PinkStarFT_zps40d25dc6.jpg

That is comforting :thmbup:. I ordered 4 gstar teebirds last night and haven't had a chance to feel any gstar until today..I felt a tern and IMO it was way to gummy. It was gummy and it was sitting outside for a while at 28 or so degrees. I'm hoping the teebirds aren't that gummy. I like gummy...but the tern I felt was a little much.

Last edited:
That is comforting :thmbup:. I ordered 4 gstar teebirds last night and haven't had a chance to feel any gstar until today..I felt a tern and IMO it was way to gummy. It was gummy and it was sitting outside for a while at 28 or so degrees. I'm hoping the teebirds aren't that gummy. I like gummy...but the tern I felt was a little much.

Where are you finding GStar Teebirds right now?

Ahhhh yeah I've been looking there, but I don't want max weight and that's all I can seem to find.

I typically don't throw max weights but I just couldn't pass them up. I like the idea of beating in max weights enough to be money..I just don't have enough patience. But when they do beat in, they will be legit. The best flight patterns I have ever seen are with beat in max weight Innova molds.

Last edited:

I will also add, the dude that had the Tern also said he got a leopard but it was even more gummy. He said that comboed with the small rim of the leopard was just not right. Too much wobble out of the hand...I can't say that will be a problem for everyone but just sayin'.

For the ones I have the gummy scale would be:

Leopard > Teebird > TL > Tern

All are max weight

InnovaStore just confirmed their Foxbats are indeed GStar plastic. The reason why it has a regular Star stamp is that the plastic didn't have a name when these Foxbats were produced. Now it seems to make sense if you run across Foxbats in both regular and GStar.

Last edited:
Ahhhh yeah I've been looking there, but I don't want max weight and that's all I can seem to find.

are you just looking for like 168-172? Or like 150 class? The 159s are incredibly money. Flat gummy sexiness. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Latest posts