• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

... if I were a business I'd be hard pressed to put in the extra energy to refine flight numbers when discs were moving out of shops at the clip they are.

True this ^^

One of my favorite helps to new players is when they have the same disc as I do and that I would select for the hole, then asking them to throw their's ahead of me. When they moan and complain that they should have thrown bla bla bla instead, I demonstrate ranging and proper form with the same disc. They seem to look at those disc differently afterward.

True this ^^

One of my favorite helps to new players is when they have the same disc as I do and that I would select for the hole, then asking them to throw their's ahead of me. When they moan and complain that they should have thrown bla bla bla instead, I demonstrate ranging and proper form with the same disc. They seem to look at those disc differently afterward.

Yeah, disc golf is not exactly presented well to beginners. At least locally - and this comprises a couple big box stores and two dedicated disc golf shops - there is no "beginner friendly" section or anything like that. If I ever ran a shop, I'd try to organize at least something to help people enjoy the game more from the beginning. Maybe keep the Bosses and Nukes behind the counter or something, haha.

Uh, yeah. :(

Has to be a CFR thing. At least that's what I tell myself as I am typing this and sobbing.

Yeah, disc golf is not exactly presented well to beginners. At least locally - and this comprises a couple big box stores and two dedicated disc golf shops - there is no "beginner friendly" section or anything like that. If I ever ran a shop, I'd try to organize at least something to help people enjoy the game more from the beginning. Maybe keep the Bosses and Nukes behind the counter or something, haha.

Most beginners don't want to be told what they want.

Beginner section = ten racks of fly-dye Bosses

You might be right onemile but most sports shop workers are as clueless as the beginners about dg.

Beginner section = ten racks of fly-dye Bosses

You might be right onemile but most sports shop workers are as clueless as the beginners about dg.

That too. At least at the big box stores. I feel like the DG-specific shops should know more. However, the people who work in one of our local brick and mortars are generally clueless. Kinda sucks.

Anyway, back on to GStar. Looking forward to the arrival of my Leo and Teebird this week. If I like 'em I may snag a Mamba down the road.

I want to feel these bad boys up, and now that I think I am a tern convert I'd probably grab one of those once they are released.

I'm curious to see how they fly for people, and how they are in SoCal summers.

Most Innova discs fly different in different plastics, the Tern is just their first attempt to admit it.

I know other discs have varying flight characteristics in the various plastics and runs but I mentioned the Tern because Dunipace admitted to the changes with that disc. That's why I carry three of the same distance driver because they all fly slightly different.

I know other discs have varying flight characteristics in the various plastics and runs but I mentioned the Tern because Dunipace admitted to the changes with that disc. That's why I carry three of the same distance driver because they all fly slightly different.

My guess is that gstar will run less stable. My 175 red TL was turn and burn flippy into a headwind and my 175 blue TB is stable to understable into a slight 5-10 headwind around 300' on a flatish throw. My pinnacle rival goes 10% further into that same heady before turning that much. In other words, my gstar TB flies like a good TL.

I want to feel these bad boys up, and now that I think I am a tern convert I'd probably grab one of those once they are released.

I'm curious to see how they fly for people, and how they are in SoCal summers.

my g star tern is a bit too flippy

Got my GStar Leopard in the mail today. Haven't thrown it yet, but the plastic feels really nice. Not terrible tacky, which was a little disappointing, but the amount of flex to it is really pleasant. It reminds me less of FLX, which in my experience is more rubbery, and more of my buddy's worn in Prodigy 400G plastic.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing how the JO GStar Teebirds compare, and I may snag a Mamba if the reports on that one are promising, too.

felt a bunch of gstar today; definitely lives up to its name. almost bought some just to see how they flew, but resisted. :) i imagine the gstar aviars will be an amazing touch driving disc in premium plastic.

Third that about the dart. I need them to be rather flat and not domey like the dx ones...

Got my Teebirds, and for me they are ALMOST too gummy. They might be just right though...will have to throw to be completely sure.

I got to feel some of the G-Star stuff today as well and I have to say I really like it. I prefer gummy discs and these are right up my alley. I think the first one I try will be the Aviar. If they fly less stable like has been said, I can retire my Chains Aviar. I have mixed feelings about the Leopards, however. They feel really really good, and I do want to try one, but I like my varied stabilities of Teebirds that I have as fairways now. I'll have to test one and see if it can knock my beat Teebird out.

Latest posts