• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

My guess is that gstar will run less stable. My 175 red TL was turn and burn flippy into a headwind and my 175 blue TB is stable to understable into a slight 5-10 headwind around 300' on a flatish throw. My pinnacle rival goes 10% further into that same heady before turning that much. In other words, my gstar TB flies like a good TL.

I got out today to play a round of DG. The Krait flew well the couple times I threw it. Liking the G* for colder rounds, definitely grippy. Was a tad less stable, but I like that

Aviar

Dart

Krait (McBeth signature)

Leopard (Innova Factory stamp / production stamped)

Mamba

Skeeter

TL (Innova Factory stamp)

Teebird (CFR / Innova Factory stamp / Japan open 150 class)

Destroyer (CFR)

Tern (CFR)

Foxbat (marked as Star)

coming soon: Roc3 (from Avery's post)

Last edited:
It may be the minority here, but would anyone else be stoked on G-Star Gators? I think those would be great. Hit and stick with still being super overstable.

the people who work in one of our local brick and mortars are generally clueless. Kinda sucks..

The owner of my go to brick and mortar once questioned me when i requested to dig through the Teebirds looking for a flat one... He said "Why do you want a flat one they all fly the same?".

GSTAR=FLX they are pretty much the same plastic. i got to feel them yesterday. there is not much of a difference. for me i dont like the floppiness of the plastic. to flimsy.

It may be the minority here, but would anyone else be stoked on G-Star Gators? I think those would be great. Hit and stick with still being super overstable.

Hyzer Bomb Mortar in Frontline-X? Not quite the same thing, I understand, but I think it's pretty close.

GSTAR=FLX they are pretty much the same plastic. i got to feel them yesterday. there is not much of a difference. for me i dont like the floppiness of the plastic. to flimsy.

FLX feels more rubbery and bouncy to me. GStar still feels like plastic, just with more give.

The G-Star Krait is going in the bag. Fits perfectly between the QOLF and Scorpius. Has a nice stable flight. I love how the Krait locks into its line super straight and then just sits down.

FLX feels more rubbery and bouncy to me. GStar still feels like plastic, just with more give.

they both felt pretty flimsy. i didnt buy any but i like the disc with little give to it. i picked up the krait and the mamba. they were pretty darn flimsy. i feel like i cant control it.

Flimsy? I love the gummy type stuff. You never have to worry about beating it in too much. It'll fly great. In fact my extra gummy Valkyrie has taken over for the Champion one.

they both felt pretty flimsy. i didnt buy any but i like the disc with little give to it. i picked up the krait and the mamba. they were pretty darn flimsy. i feel like i cant control it.

I'm terrified of a g star Mamba. I don't think I could deal with that either.

But the other discs in g star have been pretty nice so far with the exception of the tern. I need to throw it some more, but it was a bit iffy.

I finally got my hands on a G* Leopard. I must say that if feels a lot better than what I was expecting!

Latest posts