• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

dgdave

* Ace Member *
Here's some info

http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1398784&postcount=2188

I like the name, but it sounds like its so touchy it will be a gamble each time you throw it. I think I would rather have 20 feet less on a predictable line.

I'm hoping the fact that it sucks into a headwind means it really glides. Excellent glide would mean that it could fly straighter from a hyzer release than the other super fast discs. We'll see.

It sounds like it might be interesting for me in stabilized champion plastic...and it will be hands down better for most people who have wasted their money on Bosses and Grooves without the armspeed to work them. I like the pro plastic release as well--it will help out those addicted to the R-Pro Boss.

marmoset said:
R-Pro Katanas are flippier than R-Pro Bosses? That's no good at all!

He said the R-Pro Katana is flippier than the R-pro Boss, not the Pro Katana that they are releasing. I've had a Katana in the bag for the past 3 months...my cell phone. :lol:

Sounds interesting, but I'll wait for DGDave to throw it before I make my judgment.

discspeed said:
marmoset said:
R-Pro Katanas are flippier than R-Pro Bosses? That's no good at all!

He said the R-Pro Katana is flippier than the R-pro Boss, not the Pro Katana that they are releasing. I've had a Katana in the bag for the past 3 months...my cell phone. :lol:

Pro for general release, R-Pro (and Champ) for JO fundraising

This statement is enough to ward me off a quick purchase "The Katana in all three plastics tested so far is more speed sensitive than all of our other high speed drivers."

black udder said:
This statement is enough to ward me off a quick purchase "The Katana in all three plastics tested so far is more speed sensitive than all of our other high speed drivers."

Read: squirrel city.

I think that now that the rim width limit has been effectively hit, one of the interesting battles will be over which manufacturer can produce the most consistent, fast, understable disc. Right now, after about speed 9/1.9cm rim, understable discs become woefully inconsistent.

Parks said:
Read: squirrel city.

I think that now that the rim width limit has been effectively hit, one of the interesting battles will be over which manufacturer can produce the most consistent, fast, disc. Right now, after about speed 9/1.9cm rim, discs become woefully inconsistent.

Fixed

The faster the discs have become, the more overstable I've ended up looking for. This is my attempt to use this speed in light of predictability. I gave up the arms race for speedy distance early this year and went back to the Orc for my controllable distance needs. I haven't regretted this decision at any point. I like my Boss, but only for hyzers and winds.

I think if someone is going to make a usable super speed driver, it will probably be Dave D. I also take his comments at this point with a grain of salt because he wants to sell them. If a super fast disc isn't speed sensitive, its going to be super overstable. We don't need another one of those.

the rim on that thing looks HEUG

I'll stick with my destroyers, thanks. A more understable disc than a boss with a rim that's too wide to be comfortable? Really?

Oh wait, this IS Innova. Too bad they don't stick to making discs that are better than the likes of the Wolf, Kite, Skeeter, and Goblin.

I'll be getting one for 2 reasons:

1. The name katana is awesome... if it doesn't throw well for DG I can always dress in all black and hide rooftops wile sniping my enemies with them.

2. I'll try any disc once because I'm still expecting to find the magic disc that sails off into the horizon and never lands.

Code:
Maker           Mx wt  Diam   ht   rim    rim    rim   rm dpth     rm flxblty    dpth 
Innova Katana   176.0   21.2   1.8  1.2   16.3   2.5   5.7          26.25        10.32
Innova Boss     176.0   21.2   1.5  1.2   16.2   2.5   5.7          26.00        7.60

Here's a comparison b/w the Boss and Katana specs. Same rim thickness as Boss (2.5), .1 cm below maximum allowed.

Sorry, that doesn't look at all like how I typed it. I guess you'll have to look at the PDF.

Latest posts