• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

jsun3thousand said:
The Katana is built with the finesse thrower in mind. Recommended downwind driver. Hit the angle right and watch it bolt out of sight. The physical characteristics resemble a Boss with the flight characteristics of a Sidewinder on steroids. Master the technique of Kantana and rule the course.

This...suddenly makes the disc somewhat appealing. I still can't grip a rim that wide and would never consider it, but those words are more promising than Dave's on the PDGA boards.

In addition...Dave said the testing of this disc in Champion was "unimpressive" just TWO DAYS ago...hope he got the kinks ironed out...

Jeronimo said:
dgdave said:
Cool, but not sure its $25 cool.

Sold out!

not quite. they will be released tomorrow @ 12pm PDT so the "sold out" is just til then.

also they have some blems for sale cheaper than the actual 1st runs $25 ones. the blems appear to be 17 or 18 bucks and the pro ones look to be around 15

I would be more intrested in trying the pros then I would the champion. For a max distance driver I would not see myself throwing it much in the woods anyway.

booter said:
Jeronimo said:
dgdave said:
Cool, but not sure its $25 cool.

Sold out!

not quite. they will be released tomorrow @ 12pm PDT so the "sold out" is just til then.

also they have some blems for sale cheaper than the actual 1st runs $25 ones. the blems appear to be 17 or 18 bucks and the pro ones look to be around 15

Ok then, 30 seconds after they are for sale I'll be making my statement again.

pointdisc said:
BeSquared said:
Insert funny picture.

Still waiting...
i dont perform well when put on the spot :wink:
1249696133838-1.jpg

it's true at least

Well, my wife said I can have an early XMas present, so I got some. Pro and Champ. Disc Golf Values had 30 Champs and 200 Pros. Hreodisc is (was) down at release time, so I didn't get amy blems, which I wanted. Oh well

I'm thinking on getting a champ with a stamp like that. But other than a roller I'm not sure what I'd do with it.

Blink said:
I'm thinking on getting a champ with a stamp like that. But other than a roller I'm not sure what I'd do with it.

yup, especially with the pro boss out now.

Where did they have R-Pros? Hero is still showing "Out of stock" if I get the site to load.

Btw. Dave, did you notice they had Bubble Bosses again at DGV? I thought they were out of them for a while. Or am I mistaken?

They've been out of stock for some time.

Vegan said on the PDGA board that he just called John Arhart. To bad I don't have his #.

How soon until something like this hits ebay? And then at what price?

I am not in a position to be calling out to beat the internet, nor do I have the ability during rush hour to monitor when hero discs comes back up (assuming there are any discs left).

I was hoping for a blemish because like everyone else here, I want to give it a try. If you go out and chuck a Champ a few times and decide its not for you, feel free to look this direction, I might be willing to take it off your hands. I am not sure I want to break down and buy a Pro though. I am not a huge fan of that plastic.

Scott

Latest posts