• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

I ordered some R-pro, Some champ and some of the Pro and I was able to pick my plastic too. And by the sound of it they are going to be sweet looking discs. Now I just have to hope that they fly decent. Or at least my gf will like them.

We are currently moving HERO DISC USA to a new server.
Japan Open Katana sales have been suspended temporally.
No Phone orders are currently being taken.
We will continue to update our customer base as to the status of our site.
Hero Disc and Japan Open sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

dgdave said:
There is already a Champ, Pro, and R-Pro on ebay.

The homeboy that always buys from hero and then sells then on ebay as "super rare!!!!!!" is selling them.

And he pulls shit like this. CE Blueberry Boss

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-BLUEBERRY-CE-Champion-1st-run-BOSS-Disc-Golf-173_W0QQitemZ330368310688QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4ceb7c5da0

jsun3thousand said:
dgdave said:

The homeboy that always buys from hero and then sells then on ebay as "super rare!!!!!!" is selling them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-BLUEBERRY-CE-Champion-1st-run-BOSS-Disc-Golf-173_W0QQitemZ330368310688QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4ceb7c5da0

yea...he angers me....but...it must work for him....

mikesolt said:
jsun3thousand said:
dgdave said:

yea...he angers me....but...it must work for him....

He spells disc with a "k"

Ebay #1 Disk Hustler by DiscGolfMuseum

Let me get my hustle on, nigga all for Nol'
Let me make a hundred mill', nigga slow but sho'
Let me spin my new wheels in front yo' do'
Let me hit the battlefield nigga slangin CE Champion First Run BOSS

The few occasions I have bought from him the transactions have been flawless, but he charges a premium...

I'll have these next wednesday or thursday. I'll post thought of both shortly after that.

dgdave said:
I'll have these next wednesday or thursday. I'll post thought of both shortly after that.
dgdave, I think this thread makes it quite clear: you're a freaking junky. I know you've admitted it before, but reading this one really sends the message home.

JHern said:
dgdave said:
dgdave, I think this thread makes it quite clear: you're a freaking junky. I know you've admitted it before, but reading this one really sends the message home.

Random DGR poster's wife..."You better not be wasting money on more discs! You've got more than you could ever throw already!" DGR poster: "Don't worry, I just got one new one, and I traded another 2 to get it...you should see how much new plastic this one guy buys and be thankful!"

Thanks Dave, for making us all feel better about ourselves. :lol: :wink:

discspeed said:
JHern said:
dgdave said:

Random DGR poster's wife..."You better not be wasting money on more discs! You've got more than you could ever throw already!" DGR poster: "Don't worry, I just got one new one, and I traded another 2 to get it...you should see how much new plastic this one guy buys and be thankful!"

Thanks Dave, for making us all feel better about ourselves. :lol: :wink:

I'm here to help. My wife knows that I trade a lot, so buying a few here and there is passable, as long as I don't go crazy. And it helps I've sold about $400 worth of stuff this last month.

got 2 pros on the way, maybe these will be the magic disc that flies out to 500 all on its own :lol:

I ordered two pro Katana's, one at 165 and one at 172 or so.

I have a really beat 166 FLX Surge that I use for big turn-over shots i.e. shots that start out hyzer and then hold that for a long time before turning over and going right. I'd be sad if I lost this disc and I'm not sure what to replace it with. I could get another Surge, but it would take me a while to beat the thing up. I'm looking for a disc I can throw flat/slightly hyzer and put a lot of air under and still get it to go right (in the 390'+ range.) I tried the Groove for this and it failed miserably. Sure I can throw it anhyzer and it will hold it to the ground, but I would need to really beat the living shit out of it before I could get late turnovers out of it. Maybe I just got a stable one. It's more stable than my 170 champ Boss! It doesn't work as well at low speeds as the surge (and good low speed behavior is the hallmark of an awesome turnover disc.)

Think the Katana will work for this purpose? Have any suggestions as to what might? I already have a lot of beat DX Teebirds that are great for turnovers in the 350'+ range for me. I'm looking for something significantly longer that I don't need to wait forever to season. Any ideas?

Fizzy said:
Think the Katana will work for this purpose? Have any suggestions as to what might? I already have a lot of beat DX Teebirds that are great for turnovers in the 350'+ range for me. I'm looking for something significantly longer that I don't need to wait forever to season. Any ideas?

Im not sure about the Katana as I have not thrown one. I use a 170 SOLS (1.1) for the shots you mentioned.

However I am intrigued in the Katana and I will give one a shot to see if it can take over for my OLS

Fizzy said:
I ordered two pro Katana's, one at 165 and one at 172 or so.

I have a really beat 166 FLX Surge that I use for big turn-over shots i.e. shots that start out hyzer and then hold that for a long time before turning over and going right. I'd be sad if I lost this disc and I'm not sure what to replace it with. I could get another Surge, but it would take me a while to beat the thing up. I'm looking for a disc I can throw flat/slightly hyzer and put a lot of air under and still get it to go right (in the 390'+ range.) I tried the Groove for this and it failed miserably. Sure I can throw it anhyzer and it will hold it to the ground, but I would need to really beat the living shit out of it before I could get late turnovers out of it. Maybe I just got a stable one. It's more stable than my 170 champ Boss! It doesn't work as well at low speeds as the surge (and good low speed behavior is the hallmark of an awesome turnover disc.)

It depends on your available power and cleanliness of form. Possible candidates are at least less than max weight Valks, Beasts, MOLSs, Wraiths, Destroyers or heavy Roadrunners or Spectras (worked for me but still gave it away), possibly 150 or less R-Pro Bosses. My 145 Boss is still good at flexing. Too good now that it's new for max D but that'll change fast :)

As someone who's told by other Comet throwers to be an oddball for using full power with Kite it should be obvious that I'm at ease or actually thrive using fast fast fast with cleanliness simultaneously. As such I'm extremely keen on getting my hands on super light less than Boss fading discs so it is no surprise that I'm not planning to get just Pro Katanas but the R-Pros that I hate as a plastic for normal usage as well. But what can a less than big arm player do other than keep working out?

Fizzy said:

Sidewinder (champ/star) or new mold Beast (pro/star) or Monarch. But from how it sounds and how I'm imagining it... the Katana sounds like a long turnover disc.