• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

Frank Delicious said:
My mom does enjoy sucking a good dick.

lolwut-1.jpg

I saw a bunch of the new startanas yesterday. They were all all super flat, and felt slick. Nothing like the awesome, grippy, domey echo stars I have for sale. :wink:

Fondled the echo star bosses for the first time, holy crap those felt amaazing! Right up there with the Memorial Nukes.

Just so that nobody gets confused: FH has a quarter less spin than BH. A more overstable Startana may be a good thing for FH just because of that added overstability which helps counter the added flippyness of lessened spin of FH vs BH. A person with equal FH and BH loses D with a more stable disc he can throw if it's too stable for him. A thrower with FH that flips a regular disc at full power gains more input power from added stability and can smash at full power and still control the disc accurately and consistently.

JR said:
Just so that nobody gets confused: FH has a quarter less spin than BH. A more overstable Startana may be a good thing for FH just because of that added overstability which helps counter the added flippyness of lessened spin of FH vs BH. A person with equal FH and BH loses D with a more stable disc he can throw if it's too stable for him. A thrower with FH that flips a regular disc at full power gains more input power from added stability and can smash at full power and still control the disc accurately and consistently.

Are you sure? discraft seems to disagree -- the ticker than runs through the critter bill critique says it generates more spin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOECjLjhiTI&feature=player_embedded

StumperTX said:
JR said:

Are you sure? discraft seems to disagree -- the ticker than runs through the critter bill critique says it generates more spin:

Well, that's Mark Ellis' video, so perhaps he will chime in...Anyway, I'm going to agree with JR however, and say that FH creates LESS spin, but equal or more torque/speed than BH. Its hard to grip a disc as hard with your whole hand FH, and so its hard to put as much rotation on the disc. Many people call it a "2 finger shot". Well, try backhanding with 2 fingers and see how it affects the spin on your disc. You need more stable discs for FH because you are throwing faster with less spin.

discspeed said:
StumperTX said:
JR said:

Well, that's Mark Ellis' video, so perhaps he will chime in...Anyway, I'm going to agree with JR however, and say that FH creates LESS spin, but equal or more torque/speed than BH. Its hard to grip a disc as hard with your whole hand FH, and so its hard to put as much rotation on the disc. Many people call it a "2 finger shot". Well, try backhanding with 2 fingers and see how it affects the spin on your disc. You need more stable discs for FH because you are throwing faster with less spin.

ok -- he didn't say it, it just scrolled along the bottom, so I assume whomever did the video editing just made a mistake.

Back to the flatter-than-Frank's-mom Star Katana - I took it out and threw it a few times during my last round. Initial impressions -- it's faster out of the hand, but doesn't seem to glide quite as well as the Nuke or Boss. not a good choice for headwinds. my best results were on throws that stayed super low. Distance on higher throws wasn't terrible, but the other two did go farther

What I really liked it for:
long and low drives
anny shots -- where the Boss says eff you to your pathetic attempt to make it anny and will go for massive distance on an s line, and the Nuke is all too willing to see your anny line and raise you a roller, the Katana will take that anny line and gently flatten out during its flight

Frank Delicious said:

Holy Crap... I'm just going to bring this up one mo' gin.

Matt you're one wild man. Just when I think I got your humor pegged, you up it a notch.

Trey133 said:
Frank Delicious said:

Holy Crap... I'm just going to bring this up one mo' gin.

Matt you're one wild man. Just when I think I got your humor pegged, you up it a notch.

We need to get Matt's mom on DGR to clean up his potty mouth!

Hook me up with an S-PD in place of that Rhyno

Oh, and step up your txting game, our crew is going to Charlotte if you're interested.

Trey133 said:
Hook me up with an S-PD in place of that Rhyno

Oh, and step up your txting game, our crew is going to Charlotte if you're interested.

Fine, I'll let you have one.

Can't hit up charlotte this weekend. Cancel the MDGE or whatever and come down to Fox Chase.

no waaaaaaaaay! cash skins for am's!!!

BTW the Stock Startana = a faster star boss w/ a little less glide.

I just picked up a CFR katana and the plastic feels exactly like the XG bosses (really grippy and gummy). Anyone else ran across these with their CFRs/first/second runs?

Yeah I have some Master's katanas that feel like that and I had some super gummy second run katanas that felt like that. If I remember correctly though, Innova said the second runs were going to be gummy.

Threw a 166 stock star katana, way nicer than the 170+ I have thrown. Good glide, good stability, not rock hard plastic.

StumperTX said:
Frank Delicious said:
How are you going to prove the new startanas don't suck?
I guess "proving" that would be difficult, and seeing as though I'm pretty sure you do know what you're talking about, my hopes are a it lower for the startana than they were. However, I know the Nuke doesn't suck, and I know the Boss doesn't suck, so if the startana can be equal to the others or longer... it probably doesn't suck

I've heard from some people that the Star Katana is sweet once broken in. Using them for overhand and driving them into trees and the ground sped up the process. I really haven't heard much about the glide (pro vs star), but usually pro plastic has a little more glide than star.

Latest posts