• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

They are coming out more stable than the champs that I've been testing. I can get a good helix with the heavy champs but am having a hard time turning this one over from hyzer right off the bat.

Spinthrift said:
Just looked at cases of the StarKats and most I saw are flat, but not all. There were a number of white Champy-Star ones with dome much like the Champs and even approaching the Pros.

Damn...I wish we got some of those. Kenny said that the flat ones are overstable, but he liked them. I'll be giving one a few tosses tonight.

I threw one of the flat production Startanas last night. I was not impressed. It was one of the fastest discs I've thrown because of its low profile, but it seriously lacked glide. It had good stability, like a stable Boss. This disc will probably be a forehander's dream, but for my backhand it just didn't go that far. I'm going to keep testing it and see if it breaks in a little.

discspeed said:
I threw one of the flat production Startanas last night. I was not impressed. It was one of the fastest discs I've thrown because of its low profile, but it seriously lacked glide. It had good stability, like a stable Boss. This disc will probably be a forehander's dream, but for my backhand it just didn't go that far. I'm going to keep testing it and see if it breaks in a little.

so good for forehands because it is sleek and fast?
but isn't the Katana "supposed" to be understable...will this turn on a good rip OR because it is all flat (and all that) is the stability increased so that we are not looking at a -3 turn?

and if that is the case why would anyone get one of these discs?
there must be a world of better choices for something "stable" but fast and with glide

is this just a bad run?

ManU said:
discspeed said:

so good for forehands because it is sleek and fast?
but isn't the Katana "supposed" to be understable...will this turn on a good rip OR because it is all flat (and all that) is the stability increased so that we are not looking at a -3 turn?

and if that is the case why would anyone get one of these discs?
there must be a world of better choices for something "stable" but fast and with glide

is this just a bad run?

I mean these Katanas are fairly overstable. Nowhere near the -3...More like 0 or -.5. What I can't figure out is how they had so many turn out crappy like that. Maybe they thought flat would be flippy...

discspeed said:

Bought a dark blue, flat 170 Startana yesterday....got to throw it in a field with no warm-up and no shoes on (sandals) and it definitely had some stability. I was releasing flat and I would get just a dab of turn...it certainly went a long way...more later.

Tossin' in Memphis said:
discspeed said:

Bought a dark blue, flat 170 Startana yesterday....got to throw it in a field with no warm-up and no shoes on (sandals) and it definitely had some stability. I was releasing flat and I would get just a dab of turn...it certainly went a long way...more later.

They just seem very projectile/ballistic and don't have much glide. It would get out of my hand fast, but it just did not seem to be flying. It got to 350' really fast and straight, but then just died where my Destroyers would keep gliding.

discspeed said:
Tossin' in Memphis said:
discspeed said:

They just seem very projectile/ballistic and don't have much glide. It would get out of my hand fast, but it just did not seem to be flying. It got to 350' really fast and straight, but then just died where my Destroyers would keep gliding.

So your thought is that the extra spin from throwing FH will keep it in the air a little better? If so, today is going to be a lot of fun. I just got a StarTana that I'll be able to put up against a Star Boss and FR Nuke for any interested FH'ers

Frank Delicious said:
How are you going to prove the new startanas don't suck?
I guess "proving" that would be difficult, and seeing as though I'm pretty sure you do know what you're talking about, my hopes are a it lower for the startana than they were. However, I know the Nuke doesn't suck, and I know the Boss doesn't suck, so if the startana can be equal to the others or longer... it probably doesn't suck

I have thrown a groove longer than I have thrown my production run startana, the groove is therefor better than the startana.

Wait? Did you think I thought you were being serious and did you think I was being serious? I am confused.

Frank Delicious said:
I have thrown a groove longer than I have thrown my production run startana, the groove is therefor better than the startana.
hmmm, playing the groove card....
I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

that leaves me only one option -- the mom card

WELL YOU... YOU KNOW WHAT FRANK (if that is your real name) YOUR MOM SUCKS!!!!!1"

boom! internet argument won!

Latest posts