• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

marmoset said:
I thought this was amusing:
Hi Dave,

What are the expected range of weights for the Katana? Any chance that they will make it down into the 150's in any plastic?

Thanks,
Dave Dunipace said:
The R-Pro are in the 150's. They're sort of squirelly if you can throw over 350, but if you throw in the 250-350, you are fine.

So... this is the disc we should be throwing if we throw 250-350'?

Most rec players don't pay attention to power requirements so maybe it's a good idea that they make a super-fast disc for noodle arms... they're going to buy these fast discs anyway so I suppose they're better off with a katana than a boss or groove.

I'm hoping it's like a hyper-speed vision.

marmoset said:
Hi Dave,

What are the expected range of weights for the Katana? Any chance that they will make it down into the 150's in any plastic?

Thanks,
Dave Dunipace said:
The R-Pro are in the 150's. They're sort of squirelly if you can throw over 350, but if you throw in the 250-350, you are fine.

No, that's a Shark. Bitches.

mzuleger said:
Most rec players don't pay attention to power requirements so maybe it's a good idea that they make a super-fast disc for noodle arms... they're going to buy these fast discs anyway so I suppose they're better off with a katana than a boss or groove.

oxymoron

marmoset said:
Hi Dave,

Thanks,
Dave Dunipace said:

I don't find his statement to be ridiculous. This is a high-speed but very understable driver, a 150g version of it is likely to be extremely squirrely at high power but with the combination of light weight and understability it should be quite throwable for people in that lower power range. Now, the prevailing opinion on here will be that people at that distance should be throwing slower stuff than that anyway regardless of the weight but most people out there aren't going to follow that philosophy regardless so Dave D's belief that a 150g R-Pro Katana will be a throwable disc for people in the 250-350' range seems basically correct.

victorb said:
mzuleger said:

oxymoron

I agree but you have to read the whole statement, not just that sentence to get the overall message: If you can't stop them, make it easier on them.

mzuleger said:
victorb said:
mzuleger said:

oxymoron

I agree but you have to read the whole statement, not just that sentence to get the overall message: If you can't stop them, make it easier on them.

I do agree with what you said, but it just is funny to see 'super fast disc for noodle arms', sounds like 'jumbo shrimp' to me! :lol:

I don't think mine are coming today, but if they do I'll be throwing the Katana later most likely. Still says processing in my order review on the site though so I'm thinking I won't be receiving for another day or two.

dave where did you order from and what day? no sign of mine

I don't understand how you can target rec players and "noodle arms" with a speed 13 disc. How many have the power and technique to use a disc that fast? A disc that you'd only use on big, wide open drives- so like maybe 3 of the holes on your local course. This crap is stupid. And they got rid of the Gazelle? A more beginner-friendly disc?

(sorry, I feel like bitching- dropped the cell phone in the toilet last night)

Latest posts