• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
whew, there was alot to catch up on after being away from the computer a day!:popcorn:

I started this thread with expectations of Landfill by page 8. I'm thoroughly disappointed with everyone's ability to stay focused.

I lost track of the thread at some point, so here are my contributions.

1. Haters gonna hate.
2. Koling is the World Distance Champion and US Distance Champion. Wiggins is world record holder. They both throw farther than all of you arEighty-nine pages later, Prodigy's plan is obviously working. TrojanTalbot may not buy the discs, but they've obviously got his attention.
4. I ate roughly a pound of Christmas fudge last night.
5. Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
For some reason there are pros out there that aren't letting us in on "the big secret". You can't tell me that every pro that was approached, accepted sponsorship. There are obviously a few players that stuck with their current sponsors even after being courted by the "new guys". Did they get paid to stay off the boards and not comment? That seems kind of fishy to me. IMO, the people that are keeping quiet are the ones that can be trusted less....
that's an interesting thought. Maybe they are keeping quiet out of respect for the person that asked them, someone like a legend in the sport closely affiliated with the PDGA.
I would think that the big 2 would have more of a problem with this thats now being perceived.

For some reason there are pros out there that aren't letting us in on "the big secret". You can't tell me that every pro that was approached, accepted sponsorship. There are obviously a few players that stuck with their current sponsors even after being courted by the "new guys". Did they get paid to stay off the boards and not comment? That seems kind of fishy to me. IMO, the people that are keeping quiet are the ones that can be trusted less....

Dana vivich mcbeast and Michael Jo Hansen have all stated they are staying with their sponsors on this very thread

Reread this and realized I can't type on this Nexus yet. Fixed my errors.
I started this thread with expectations of Landfill by page 8. I'm thoroughly disappointed with everyone's ability to stay focused.

I lost track of the thread at some point, so here are my contributions.

1. Haters gonna hate.
2. Koling is the World Distance Champion and US Distance Champion. Wiggins is world record holder. They both throw farther than all of us.
3. Eighty-nine pages later, Prodigy's plan is obviously working. TrojanTalbot may not buy the discs, but they've obviously got his attention.
4. I ate roughly a pound of Christmas fudge last night.
5. Merry Christmas.

Horrible 1st post.

It's not anyone's place to release information about something that they're not involved in. If the people going to the team aren't letting anyone know anything about the company, you think the pros that aren't going to the team are going to spill the beans? Why do people not use their brain when they type stuff out.

It's possible the players who didn't end up joining the new venture signed non-disclosure agreements before they were able to hear the details.

It would be nice to have a pro tour that:
1) Made it to every disc golf hotbed in the country.
2) Made sense as far as travel to the pros that many of us would like to see play.

#1 a million times over. It always amazes me how little the midwest (the real one MN, WI, IL, MI, IA, IN) see NT and majors from year to year. Basically we get a worlds ever few years and MAYBE a NT/semi-major. Yet each one of those States have 100+ courses. all of them have the courses and facilities to host huge events.
When I first started competing, we had several big tourns, GMO, St Louis OPen, MN Majestic, River City Rumble, Great Lakes Open, Mad City Open, and a couple more I can't remember. But those tournaments are now usually B teirs and have little hype around them. All of them are on great courses too!
Personally I think we need a Tour that has more than 1 stop a month. And should be played in a circle around the country. Start in the SouthWest->Northwest->Midwest->Northeast->Southeast->South Central (can't think of what Texas and friends is called...haha). The advantage to that is weather is nice throughout, pros can easily figure out an affordable schedule, and they cover the whole country.

**Side Note**
I know IL had that Peoria major last year....but lets be honest, the incredible stupid way it was set-up (HAD to be there Thu mid day and the tourn was on Fri/Sat) made it so touring pros and locals made up 98% of the contestants, hardly any local pros from the greater area.

I know whats going on but outta respect to the player(s) I won't say anthing to spoil their business moves.

THE Champ - Innova
Current World Champ - Innova
Last year World Champ - Discraft
Current FPO World Champ - Discraft
Last FPO World Champ - Discraft
Distance Champ - Innova

Yeah, I'll just go ahead and stick with what i got....

First off....you can't really call it a worlds if its only ever in America
Second....How big of teams do Lat64 send over here to compete? maybe 3-8 people? Not very good odds for them....especially on courses they don't know at all. And then compare that to Innova and Discraft that probably had 20+ competitors each.
Third.... in the last 3-4 years SEVERAL new companies have sprung up. It will take some time to develop a win line-up for those companies. Innova and Discraft were there from day one (essentially) so naturally they would have a better grip on the market.
Forth....You need to look at the Big Picture not a few paint strokes.

And in the case of disc golf, the best players outside North America can participate in the Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts