• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is Innova lacking a true understable fairway driver?

I really don't use much dx stuff I did throw dx teebirds for awhile but once I gained more power I didn't see a point I can make the same turnover shot with a sanny champ stingray and for I get more control with the stingray too

Power has very little to do with it. I have decent power and for slower discs I throw base plastic since that's what flies better.

I mostly agree mashnut but you would think with as many molds as they have out now they would have a stingray/roadrunner/mamba type disc which are all understable in premium plastic.

Perhaps, but that's not what sells. Understable fairway drivers should be the go to noob disc, but they're not. Innova makes a whole lot more money by churning out new distance drivers.

I mostly agree mashnut but you would think with as many molds as they have out now they would have a stingray/roadrunner/mamba type disc which are all understable in premium plastic.

This is another reason I didn't recommend dx the op knows he could season a dx quite easily so if he wanted to do that why make the thread.

Current production is dx only and not really understable. So far the closest things in innova to a premium plastic understable fairway driver is:
Star/dx stingray 4 5 -3 1
Dx leopard 6 5 -2 1
Dx archangel 8 6 -4 1
Champ/star roadrunner 9 5 -4 1

So for me your either sacrificing grip, distance or control. I think a 7 5 -3 1 would go over quite well.

This is another reason I didn't recommend dx the op knows he could season a dx quite easily so if he wanted to do that why make the thread.

He made it to discuss the hole in the lineup and see if anyone else has noticed and/or agrees with the need of adding a more understable fairway driver. I actually noticed it last week and briefly wondered if anybody else has thought of this.

P.S
The thread wasn't made for suggestions.

Current production is dx only and not really understable. So far the closest things in innova to a premium plastic understable fairway driver is:
Star/dx stingray 4 5 -3 1
Dx leopard 6 5 -2 1
Dx archangel 8 6 -4 1
Champ/star roadrunner 9 5 -4 1

So for me your either sacrificing grip, distance or control. I think a 7 5 -3 1 would go over quite well.

Just to be clear, are you suggesting that base plastics have less grip than champ or star?

What about a Star Kite? I've never thrown one so can't add much other than throwing it out there.

For sure lol just felt like you was picking on me.

Not picking on, just exchanging since you were the one to respond. The reason for the thread is to open up discussion and hopefully Innova will be like "You know those cats are right, we need a fliptacular Speed 7 disc." :D

For me they do, not necessarily everyone. I take that back pro feels good but dx doesn't.

Gotcha, I thought you were saying that the premium plastics were actually grippier, not just that you had a personal preference for them.

Not picking on, just exchanging since you were the one to respond. The reason for the thread is to open up discussion and hopefully Innova will be like "You know those cats are right, we need a fliptacular Speed 7 disc." :D

Everyone bring it in for a nice big Internet hug lol

No, Innova is not missing a true understable fairway. You just don't like to throw it.

150 DX Leopard, btw. Never found one that's not flippy out of the box.

Last edited: