• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Kastaplast Grym

I have the first run Rask, which is more overstable than the rest. I use it as a control driver and for overhand shots. It's the best disc ever for overhands.
For distance, weight for weight, speed 11 seems to be my max. I bag a speed 12 Photon, but it weighs in at 138g.

I have the first run Rask, which is more overstable than the rest. I use it as a control driver and for overhand shots. It's the best disc ever for overhands.
For distance, weight for weight, speed 11 seems to be my max. I bag a speed 12 Photon, but it weighs in at 138g.

Sorry, speed 10 Max. Inertia is considered a 10, that is my longest Disc at a normal weight

Got the first run Grym in today and took it out for a test run. Here are my thoughts.

The good:
  1. Very pretty and slow flight.
  2. The profile makes over-hand throwing easy.
  3. It flies better powered down than most discs at the same speed rating.
  4. It is made of very though plastic.

The meh:
  1. It is not understable. This is not a statement of my power, as I am comparing this disc to other understable speed 12 discs.
  2. It was not the plastic blend I was expecting.

The Bad:

<Start Rant>
$#!+ #&!! fracking low ass Swedish quality control. I am used to every Swedish disc I buy, that I will have to remove flashing, but this crap was so sharp that I thought I was going to cut myself on it. Maybe I am spoiled by all the MVP discs that I own, but I don't think I should have to wear a fracking glove to throw a disc.
I was on one of the tee pads beating the concrete with the disc like a hammer...and chipping the concrete(see tough plastic as a plus above). After I worn down the flashing a bit, I was full power driving the disc into a rock wall from 10 feet away....many times. I threw it in the trees once by accident and almost left it. That should say quite a bit about what I think about the qc on this product.
I remember that I did not like the Kaxe when I first got it (which I love it now) and I expect as the disc wears in from banging around in the back of my truck for a couple of months, I will like this disc.
<End Rant>

If anyone from Kastaplast should ever read this, you guys have some very nice designed discs and I never want to be without my Kaxe, but please improve your quality control.

Flash is usually removed very carefully on our discs. For any quality issues, feel free to send pictures or comments to us at hello(at)kastaplast.se and we will go through them carefully. Thanks for the input. All feedback appreciated.

My tone was too harsh yesterday, it was trollish and not conducive to a good conversation. I apologize for the tone but the issue is valid. I will attempt to act more civilized.

Yeah thats weird.. I have probably nearly 20 Kastaplast discs so far and so have thought they really makes sure the flashing is taken care of well.

Is anyone aside from me throwing this disc? It's amazing!!! Hates mild to heavy head winds, but it's stable unless you have a 400+ arm, then it flexes and fades back reliably

I try to throw it at least once a round to learn it. I have a hard time gripping wide rimmed disc and this is the slipperest disc so far I have tried. The times that it does not slip out early, it has a great flight. It seems to slow down quickly but glides for a long way.
I am thinking about putting a thumb notch on it somewhere just so I can throw it, I don't care if it is legal for a tournament or not.

OK, tonight I finally figured out how to grip it. One of the longest rips ever for me. It does need a bit of room to work to get the distance though, but not super big like a Katana. I am liking it more all the time.

Turns less than a tern, you really need to give it a good snap to get the s out of it and it's more of a shallow s like the Raketen, but way more stable

I gave it some throws yesterday after making sure I was warm. Maybe I got one on the outer limits of stability, but I can't do anything with it. Slow, stable and very little glide. May make a decent control forehand disc, but it's not going to make the bag as a BH distance driver.

I gave it some throws yesterday after making sure I was warm. Maybe I got one on the outer limits of stability, but I can't do anything with it. Slow, stable and very little glide. May make a decent control forehand disc, but it's not going to make the bag as a BH distance driver.

Look and see if you have a rough burr where the flashing was attempted to be removed. So far, 3 out to the 4 Kastaplast discs that I own have come with a dirty deburred flashing.
If so, take a very sharp blade, a small skinning knife or scalpel works great, and carefully cut the sharp excess material off. Once this is done, it flies like a different disc.
The Grym is a full power driver for sure, but I can get some very long tips if I have an open fairway to work it. It for sure is not a Kaxe or a Rask, it comes and goes out of my bag according to the course I am playing.