• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Lust...!

So my favorite disc has been a CE Leopard - bought new 2000-2001. Incredibly flat and straight as an arrow. Green with a rainbow stamp, 172 grams. I recently took it out of the bag when I almost lost it a couple of times and also realized it had appreciated in value.

My question is, has anyone found another disc that flies similar? I have a Pro Leopard that I keep trying to convince myself is the same, but I know better - it just is not as perfect.

I have run into the same thing with a CE Valk. Bought it at the same time...I have 4 other valks - I like them - they are just not the same. What other discs or other manufacturers should I be loking at?

Thank you in advance!!

I don't have my own ce Leo, but I've thrown a few. In my bag I carry a pre Barry champ, a star, 2 pros and a dx. I think the new runs of pro are pretty close to the flight of ce. Super tacky and fly for days. I can't say I'd spend the 60+ for a ce when I can get a pro for 12.

Nothing too special, but I do love my leopards.

LUY9TWd.jpg

DgjUtid.jpg

8QG6gyq.jpg

Is there a significant difference in stability between fresh Star and Champ Leos?

I have Star/Pro/good DX right now. The Star, at 166g is pretty dang stable, giving just a little turn at ~340-350'. I know it will wear in faster than Champ, but I wonder if champ is more stable out of the box in general.

Second question: are they doing CFR Metal Flake Leos this year?

^^ not sure on the Star and Champ.. i would assume the Champ would be more stable but honestly not sure.. i have Pro-line and PB Champ in the bag but i have a star on the way to test out.. i dont throw as far as you so not sure how much i can be of help but ill let you know after i throw

I picked up the Star/Pro Leos a month or so ago, and I'm surprised at how much mustard you can put on 'em. I'm not a big arm, the distance I'm getting with Leos isn't my "fairway driver distance" it's my driving distance, period. MOLF is my stable distance driver and goes about as far on a good pull. /shrug

Together my daughter and I own 5 Leopards. I bought her first for her, 149 DX. Then someone gave her a 146 DX and a 150 Star. I ordered a pair of Pro Leopards (168 and 170). I'm actually bagging her 146 DX and 150 Star right now heh

I have a 167g glow champ CFR Leo that is as stable as any other fairway driver I own. It probably flies more like a new TL than a Leo, and when I'm throwing both they end up practically on top of each other.

Leos aren't supposed to be stable are they? Why do people want stable ones?

I have a 167g glow champ CFR Leo that is as stable as any other fairway driver I own. It probably flies more like a new TL than a Leo, and when I'm throwing both they end up practically on top of each other.

Same here I have one too and its pretty straight, I can't get it to flip yet....not that I have a ton of power by any means though.

I have a 150 DX that I got specifically to be flippy and wow is it ever. I love it. I can't really throw an anny and don't do sidearm well so I pull that out and just give it a decent pop and it just turns. Can't put too much on it though or it just really crashes right and nearly turns into a roller......I probably need to move up to a heavier one.....

I just wanted a glow driver and the CFR one fit the bill, wasn't looking for a stable flyer but it has pushed 2 other fairway drivers out of the bag (TL and River)

For under-stable at that distance I bounce between the Avenger SS and a Mamba depending what I need it to do at the end of the flight.

Is there a significant difference in stability between fresh Star and Champ Leos?

I have Star/Pro/good DX right now. The Star, at 166g is pretty dang stable, giving just a little turn at ~340-350'. I know it will wear in faster than Champ, but I wonder if champ is more stable out of the box in general.

Second question: are they doing CFR Metal Flake Leos this year?

Yes and I carry 4 Leos.

Champion for most stability.

Star for Stable to Nuetral Shots.

Pro for just straight as an arrow shots and it's pretty dang Nuetral.

DX for all my Flippy turnovers

Not sure about the 2nd question.

I have a pro leopard that was just as stable as my champ of similar weight. It even had higher plh and was just pretty much straight with the slightest of turn at around 330'. It's on the gummier side of pro and it really took some time to break in so that it started to show reliable turn. I was even a bit desperate since I thought it would be flippier sooner was about to buy a DX so that I'd get there faster :) I love the stability it has now. The pro leos they have now at my local store are stiffer and slicker than the one I have. Have you noticed any difference between different pro leo runs, stability-wise? just curious.

Anybody else love Glow Leo's? Definately more stable than usual, but good god hyzer flipping them is the smoothest thing in the history of the world.

I think i may have to give a star or pro leopard a try.. Keep hearing.. try a pro leopard.. lol

looking for an understable fairway for shots about 330-380. My D4 probably works better for stuff 380 and beyond. My amps werent cutting it, just too flippy.. proton amps might be pretty nice though.

I think i may have to give a star or pro leopard a try.. Keep hearing.. try a pro leopard.. lol

looking for an understable fairway for shots about 330-380. My D4 probably works better for stuff 380 and beyond. My amps werent cutting it, just too flippy.. proton amps might be pretty nice though.

The pro Leo is a must try cheap too. If you have a local shop get a flatter heavier one. They are magic. Parked a 330 tight s curve wooded hole today with my leopard. Paired with a champ or star it's a deadly fairway combo that gets overlooked.

Latest posts