• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

Here is the catch disc prototype from gateway.

20150312_151513_zps15827fdb.jpg

20150312_151537_zpsa78962bb.jpg

I have thrown this one minimally, the friend to got it for me has one thats been thrown a lot and is still every bit as stable as this one. And I would not say it lacks glide either. It comes out of the air faster than a super hero, but in an accurate predictable way, not like a brick.

I have thrown this one minimally, the friend to got it for me has one thats been thrown a lot and is still every bit as stable as this one. And I would not say it lacks glide either. It comes out of the air faster than a super hero, but in an accurate predictable way, not like a brick.

Man that looks nice, I'd like too have one of those!

I really hope it gets Superclass approval. And is more OS than a Te Moko, tested two today and was not impressed. They seemed less stable than my Zephyrs, anyone else have that experience?

[

uPFx89GELq.gif

How stable?

Last edited:
I really hope it gets Superclass approval. And is more OS than a Te Moko, tested two today and was not impressed. They seemed less stable than my Zephyrs, anyone else have that experience?

Nope. Thrown several Te Mokos, including a 150 gram one, and they have all been more OS than a Zephyr.

A buddy offered to pick stuff up from the factory, I saw four of them on dollar disc golf auctions and inquired. He delivered.

It will fly the line you put it on if you throw it like you were trying to fly a comet on a line and can handle a bit of power.

Regarding the temoko I have had a coupke freak zephyrs that are about as stable fresh as a temoko but they don't stay there long. Champ/blizz zephyrs can be close and fight wind well (I still want some of my own). Sounds like your temoko was an anomoly.

Mmm.... That'll be the first gateway disc I buy in a loooong time.

Anyone here able to compare a rattl'r to a polecat in terms of flight? I felt one at the store for the first time ever and to me it felt a pretty good in the hand being so rounded.

Anyone here able to compare a rattl'r to a polecat in terms of flight? I felt one at the store for the first time ever and to me it felt a pretty good in the hand being so rounded.

Polecat is sooo much easier for me to throw and to me is better for finesse shots methinks. I don't take the Rattlr out much but it is a solid lid. I tend to turn it over too much unless I hit it just right. I guess the flight isn't that much different so take Dr. Ruth's advice... If it feels good do it.

Polecat is sooo much easier for me to throw and to me is better for finesse shots methinks. I don't take the Rattlr out much but it is a solid lid. I tend to turn it over too much unless I hit it just right. I guess the flight isn't that much different so take Dr. Ruth's advice... If it feels good do it.

Would you say the polecat feels more high speed stable?

Would you say the polecat feels more high speed stable?

Mos def. Unless dat kitty been beat up. Rattler is even floatier and slower. More like a frisbee. Like ultimate frisbee. I'm digging the Yikun Talon. Way stable. And I want to try that kiwi lid too.

Latest posts