• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MD2

do you think it's a seasonal issue? you think just like every other Innova made disc that eventually a flat run will pop back up?

It's a disc run by Innova, so I see no reason why another run wouldn't pop up.

The flat ones have been (as far as I've seen) gummy and pretty opaque, where as the domey ones I've seen are stiffer and clearer. I'm guessing it's a plastic batch issue.

So I know this is an odd subject, but I am seriously considering dropping the MD2. The Flat C-MD2 do everything I could possibly ask and more, but finding them is next to impossible.

Is anyone having any luck picking these up or know of anyone that has spares they dont want/need? I am afraid of what will happen when I lose my only pink gummy c-md2

Someth1ng said:
So I know this is an odd subject, but I am seriously considering dropping the MD2. The Flat C-MD2 do everything I could possibly ask and more, but finding them is next to impossible.

Is anyone having any luck picking these up or know of anyone that has spares they dont want/need? I am afraid of what will happen when I lose my only pink gummy c-md2

I'm in the same boat. Maybe we could petition a run of DGR C MD2's?

If I only had one I'd be afraid of losing it too (luckily I found a couple of extras), and at some point it might be easier to just go for another disc than trying to find the flat ones.

But even if I were to drop the C-MD2 (I won't, mind you) there'd still be the D-MD2's, which are just amazingly good too.

So the flat C lines are the best? What about the regular production runs? whats the difference?

right now it seems all of the production runs on the shelf are domier and they fade out sooner and more. my domier one doesn't seem to hold lines as well either in comparison to the first one i bought.

linkinparkervii said:
So the flat C lines are the best? What about the regular production runs? whats the difference?
For the record my flat ones are production runs...

But anyway, the ones that aren't flat are really domey, slow down faster and due to that fade earlier and more (like new said). The best thing about the MD2, especially the flat C-MD2's is the straight flight, wind resistance and wind penetration. The added dome removes the straight flight and the wind penetration. They're not bad as such mind you, they're not just really MD2's anymore...

@jub

any word if they plan to go back to the opaque flats? I was under the impression the team guys preferred those as well.

I took them out of my bag because they seem impossible to find now. no one is moving them

Haven't asked, might at some point. And yeah, I think most of the ones that hit Finland went to the team guys, I was lucky to get three.

jubuttib said:
Haven't asked, might at some point. And yeah, I think most of the ones that hit Finland went to the team guys, I was lucky to get three.

I guess I am confused by this. If all the team members prefer the flat ones and anyone else that has ever thrown both state the flat C-MD2s out perform the domey C-MD2s. Why does do they keep producing the CRAPPY ones?

Someth1ng said:
jubuttib said:

I guess I am confused by this. If all the team members prefer the flat ones and anyone else that has ever thrown both state the flat C-MD2s out perform the domey C-MD2s. Why does do they keep producing the CRAPPY ones?
Short answer: It's Innova. Deal with it.

I don't have that much experience with the S-Line (and the experience I do have are with the old mold), but seeing as they too tend to be domey I'd wager they're not too far off from the C-lines. The old mold sharper nosed ones I have are easier to turn and don't fare as well in the wind as the newer mold blunt nosed ones do, but they still slow down faster and fade earlier than good MD2's, so I'd guess the new mold ones resist the wind better and fade too much.

P-Lines are pretty great, even though they're domey like the premiums. Not as overstable as the premiums, though when new they do have a bit of fade. This however can be beaten out of them, and unlike the C-lines these don't just drop out of the sky. Nice glide, and when beaten they work quite nicely for straight and after that understable shots. Kinda like the D-Lines (which rule), but take longer to beat. The orange FR P-MD2's were only slightly domey, and one of the straightest discs I've ever thrown. The new mold is altogether more HSS, the gradual dome would help them keep their speed better and possibly make them even better than the best first runs. Hopefully there will be a flat/gradual domed run in the future.

Out of the currently available MD2's I think I like the D-Lines the best. When new they have that nice stability with plenty of HSS and only a small fade, after that they beat into straight where they stay for a while and with enough wear they become just about the best understable mid you've ever seen.

Im currently using the Pain, Core, Fuse combo. What would the MD2 be comparable to? Would it in different plastics/stages of wear take all the slots?

I just got my first throws with a couple C-MD2's in. I definitely wouldn't call these two domey. Very slight turn when thrown with power, but they seem very straight and very reliable. And that is with the wind here today being pretty slightly above average (15 to 20 mph).

I'm pretty sure these will be replacing my axis and vectors. One of the biggest problems I've come across with them (the axis more so than the vector) is that they aren't really forgiving because they exaggerate lateral movements so much. Its hard for me to gauge fade or turn with them because of this, as there is a fine line between a straight finish and the disc moving 15'+ on its fade. Especially in a windy area.

It'll be harder to find MD2's as overstable as the most overstable Pains are, but for straight and understable MD2 is just fine, and it works pretty well in wind too. As long as you can get the good flat C-line ones. D-line for understable, requires some beating in for that though.

C-MD2 is going to perform closest with your Core. The P/D-MD2 when you beat them in you will be able to replace your Fuse.

linkinparkervii said:
Im currently using the Pain, Core, Fuse combo. What would the MD2 be comparable to? Would it in different plastics/stages of wear take all the slots?
Pain is out of the MD2's league. They're also more HSS and the good ones are also less LSS than the Core. A beat D-MD2 will give the Fuse a run for it's money. In fact, I'd have probably added the Fuse into my bag by now if it weren't for the D-MD2. The less beat D-MD2's are also what's keeping the Axis out of my bag. The difference between the Axis and my flat C-MD2's is that the Axis works great when powered down whereas the C-MD2 works great when powered up. But since the D-MD2's also power down magnificently and have a familiar grip, and are more OAT tolerant (IMHO), they're my choice at the moment.

EDIT: Worth a mention, since we keep talking about beat P and D-Lines: Out of the box all of the new mold MD2's are quite stable, high in HSS and a definite fade. The D doesn't take too long to shake that fade, the P noticeably longer, the domey C's will probably take forever to lose it.

jubuttib said:
The D doesn't take too long to shake that fade, the P noticeably longer, the domey C's will probably take forever to lose it.

How durable are they compared to dx rocs?

Latest posts