• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Wow...I was just researching the etymology of the word Anode and it's from the Greek word anodos which means ascent.

quick question... Are the soft Anodes going to have a different outermold? I feel like it needs to be softer as well..

Also, just got my new bag and quads in today yay!

WT33d.jpg

quick question... Are the soft Anodes going to have a different outermold? I feel like it needs to be softer as well..

Also, just got my new bag and quads in today yay!

WT33d.jpg
Proton Soft is just a softer flightplate than regular Proton. The outer mold is always the same.

...Even on all the Axi! Right Puppyslayer? See what I did right there? :D

Arg! I wish the mold was soft like my Aviar. I feel like I should get some sandpaper and scuff it up. Is that legal? (not like I'm ever going to play in any tournaments anyways, lol)

Proton Soft is just a softer flightplate than regular Proton. The outer mold is always the same.

...Even on all the Axi! Right Puppyslayer? See what I did right there? :D

I feel as if the overmold is softer. Not by a lot, but still softer. Maybe it's just mental? And I love it justin. :hfive: Haha.

Arg! I wish the mold was soft like my Aviar. I feel like I should get some sandpaper and scuff it up. Is that legal? (not like I'm ever going to play in any tournaments anyways, lol)
Get yourself an Vibram Sole. I think it has a lot of similarities to the Anode and it would have the grip you're seeking. There happens to be a Vibram demo happening at a course very near you on May 4th. We can talk offline/PM about that. I don't want to stray too far from the thread topic.

I was disappointed that nothing arrived in the mail today...but it's probably better because tomorrow I'll actually have time to play if my soft Anodes arrive. My violet colored 174 reg Anode has quickly become my favorite putter driver in my MVP arsenal...It just flies so true on any line. I love throwing it on a super straight slight hyzer...That's a line I could never quite get with my Ions. I can't wait to see how the softs fly, especially FH.

I was disappointed that nothing arrived in the mail today...but it's probably better because tomorrow I'll actually have time to play if my soft Anodes arrive. My violet colored 174 reg Anode has quickly become my favorite putter driver in my MVP arsenal...It just flies so true on any line. I love throwing it on a super straight slight hyzer...That's a line I could never quite get with my Ions. I can't wait to see how the softs fly, especially FH.

This entire post... :thmbup:

I hate to say it, but the Anode is winning the putter spot....and I put so much into the Ion.:doh: Today, putting with a left to right 15mph+ crosswind, the Anode held its line while the Ion drifted hard right. The putts were 15-20 feet. I used the Ion first and missed right....watched the wind hit it and push it. Made the same putt under the same conditions a second later with the Anode and nailed it dead center. Tried the same thing again to see if it was a fluke. Nope...same exact results. Ion got pushed, Anode nailed it. :hfive: I think I'll do even better once the soft Anodes appear. I am not really liking the med plastic. I prefer the touch I get with the softies. :thmbup: But, I like the feel of the med Anode over the med Ion. So that is something for the mediums at least.

Almost bought one today it felt really good in my hand. I think softs will do a little better for me so I'm going to wait. Ive wanted a Ion but for some reason they just didn't feel right in the hand but this was completely oppsite for the Anode it like it was made for my hand.

Almost bought one today it felt really good in my hand. I think softs will do a little better for me so I'm going to wait. Ive wanted a Ion but for some reason they just didn't feel right in the hand but this was completely oppsite for the Anode it like it was made for my hand.

The Anode does feel a lot better it in the hand. Which is weird because it's not like it's any shorter than the Ion. Add it to the list of the Great MVP Mysteries!

The more that I play with it, the more the Anode is becoming my driving putter. Never been able to drive with the Ion (not sure why), but the Anode sort of works like a shorter Comet (best disc on earth) for me. I don't see anything replacing the Ion as my putter though.

I doubt I'll replace my magics with the anode either for putting duties, but I love the anode for upshots and short straight shots off the tee that my kids just can't get the same line on due to fade skip etc.

2284ea86.jpg

Package today! I've only been tossing these at my practice basket for about 30 minutes or so, but initial observation is that these are more LSS. (sorry for large picture, posting through my phone from work)