• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't drive with my Ions anymore because of the tangent, i am able to get similar lines easier. Its hard to throw Ions without OAT, and that's the key to throwing putters far.. nice and smooth

I'm no pro by any means, but learning how to throw a putter for max d and learning how to throw a dx teebird for max d were the two best decisions I've made in my disc golf life.

Agree on both counts. My game took significant strides after I started hukking Ions for distance. (Teebirds too. I have exactly 2 discs in my bag that are faster than a teebird. A 135g Destroyer and a 166g S-PD. Both of which see very limited use.)

Do you throw your putters on a hyzer when going for max d?

Yes. I add a bit of hyzer to all my distance shots if the situation allows it, because releasing that way for me is more consistent than going for a flat release. I only use flat releases on say, 80% power or less when throwing BH.

Right now I'm using a 171 putter and 175 driving putter, but have driven with all sorts of weights, including a 150g Wizard, 164 Ion and 100g polecat haha. I had a 168 soft Ion as my second driving putter but have been trying out a beat S Anode in its place. I like a lighter putter for certain drives.

EDIT: +1 on the teebirds. I used a 170g Star Teebird as my distance driver for a season. I'm glad I did. Pretty sure its what I broke 400' with too.

Last edited:
For anyone whos looking to invest in MVP plastic I have to highly recommend Eclipse plastic.

Even if you don't glow golf the few extra bucks for extremely easy to spot disc (Superb as dusk approaches) its worth the investment.

For anyone whos looking to invest in MVP plastic I have to highly recommend Eclipse plastic.

Even if you don't glow golf the few extra bucks for extremely easy to spot disc (Superb as dusk approaches) its worth the investment.

I agree there, i have every disc in eclipse except ones that aren't available yet.

I prefer Orange, it just pops out and i have never lost an orange eclipse.

i really like the clean look of the blanks. i would also love to see N plastic with the amp pulse symbol, volt with the lightning bolt, axis with the print they use on proton. maybe slightly off center.

i really like the clean look of the blanks. i would also love to see N plastic with the amp pulse symbol, volt with the lightning bolt, axis with the print they use on proton. maybe slightly off center.

Yep, some new stamps would be fun.

i like the circular neutron stamps though, those are professional looking.

The proton stamps seem a little childish imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts