• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just text. Kinda Bob Dylan-esque. DG was just a hobby and it got old, too much like a job for him. He'd rather cycle. Making a clean break.

Not really much of surprise. He seemed like he had one foot out the door the last year. Strange though, he is talented...

We all thought Mike C was one of us. We accepted him into our family because we thought he was serious about disc golf. But it turns out, this was just a fling for Mike. Disc Golf was never going to be a life long relationship for Mike. He was just leading us on with those shirtless videos. Now he has dropped disc golf and all his disc golf fans like we mean nothing at all to him. And to top it all off, he destroys all the videos in an effort to erase all those good times.

I hope that bike knows Mike isn't interested in a long term relationship. Mike C is a player and he is obviously still playing the field. :(

Dramatic much? The guy is entitled to pursue whatever interests he wants. I hardly think disc golf has to be a life consuming passion for someone for me to be friends with them, enjoy playing with them, or learn from them. I don't know Mike personally, but I do understand him. There is only so much energy and time that can be devoted to hobbies, and if a new hobby is taking up more of your time and passion, sometimes it's best to move on from the old. Unlike Mike I wouldn't have taken down the product of all my hard work, but also unlike Mike, my work isn't in the public space so I don't have to do any maintenance on it.

It does suck to lose a good trove of knowledge, but at the end of the day it's no biggie.

As iLL6 mentioned, MVP needs a Michigander to take Mike's place. It really is sad how little a presence they seem to have in the parts of the state I play.

The stress of playing casual disc golf and then posting videos of the highlights of said casual disc golf does weigh heavy one one's psyche. That dude sure could chuck a disc though.

Michigan is so 50-50. You either run into someone with a GYRO putter or maybe a driver or two....or theres the people who never heard of them and show little to no interest. MVP makes great products but word of mouth will only take them so far. They have a full lineup of discs now. I think theres a few of us that are working up to an all GYRO bag. My petty two cents? Start marketing and hard. Sponsor some legit players that compete and have what it takes to go around showing everyone what MVP is all about.
I listen to the DG podcasts and everytime MVP/Axiom get brought up, the hosts admit they know nothing or very little about their lineup and what it offers.

Sorry, longwinded...but I've sat back and read this thread for too long without throwing my unneeded opinion in.

When I first got a road bike last summer, I was hooked. Barely touched my discs for three months. Eventually, the novelty of the bike wore off and a balance returned. I'll be curious to see if Mike comes back. I'm betting he will, just not so publicly.

When I first got a road bike last summer, I was hooked. Barely touched my discs for three months. Eventually, the novelty of the bike wore off and a balance returned. I'll be curious to see if Mike comes back. I'm betting he will, just not so publicly.

Similar situation here, except I use my road bike also to bike to the dg course. Synergy, balance is good.

The stress of playing casual disc golf and then posting videos of the highlights of said casual disc golf does weigh heavy one one's psyche. That dude sure could chuck a disc though.

Yeah I would say it was a bit...over dramatic. He says the MVP guys are great and appreciates them yet he has messed up their site by taking his videos down. I know a lot of new players like myself appreciated watching them as well.

I was once that burnt-out guy... Once something loses its fun, you need to take a step back, engage in some introspection, and see if there is anything about it that does bring you happiness. I predict Mike will experience the same things I did, where disc golf will start popping up in his dreams and creeping into his daydreams, to the point where he will just have to grab his favorite mold and throw it, just to satiate the urges. Until then, good luck to Mike.

Would have been humorous if MikeC decided to go out like MTL. Man THAT was an exit. :D

How does one reach that level?

I assume it's caused by too much DG, too fast. I've been playing much longer than the majority of current active posters and I've never felt the need to give it up. But I've also always kept DG balanced with other parts of my life.

How does one reach that level?

I assume it's caused by too much DG, too fast. I've been playing much longer than the majority of current active posters and I've never felt the need to give it up. But I've also always kept DG balanced with other parts of my life.

3 videos a week? ;)

Same here.

The first couple years are pretty intense, if you're serious about the game and about improving. Lots of field work is a must, IMO. Then things level off to where you're more refining your game/bag/etc.

IME, anyway.

In the absence of all of the content that Mike C graced us with over the years I'm curious if anyone has anything they would like to see that is no longer out there? I know I wont be able to replace what Mike C has put out there by any means. My course isn't as beautiful, I don't throw as far, and I probably shouldn't be playing with my shirt off; however I would be happy to fill in any gaps that are out there, and put out content that demonstrates MVPs line-up. Is there any interest in me filming anything and putting it up on my youtube channel? If so, what would MVP guys like to see?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW4Grvamdzcbppssi7kxCQ?view_as=public

Well, considering Mike was basically it for comprehensive YouTube MVP content, I would say yes. Anything that demonstrates MVP flight would probably help many. Definitely demos of anything new.

In the absence of all of the content that Mike C graced us with over the years I'm curious if anyone has anything they would like to see that is no longer out there? I know I wont be able to replace what Mike C has put out there by any means. My course isn't as beautiful, I don't throw as far, and I probably shouldn't be playing with my shirt off; however I would be happy to fill in any gaps that are out there, and put out content that demonstrates MVPs line-up. Is there any interest in me filming anything and putting it up on my youtube channel? If so, what would MVP guys like to see?

I subscribe to your channel. It would be cool to see you throw some Neutron Photons and Waves for sure some time. And also just update us on any new MVP product tests and a course Vlog or two would be cool.

I did a Vlog here but I still kind of stink as this was filmed a few weeks ago less than a month after taking my first throw.

https://youtu.be/t6XpF3ggMqY

Well, considering Mike was basically it for comprehensive YouTube MVP content, I would say yes. Anything that demonstrates MVP flight would probably help many. Definitely demos of anything new.

No thanks way too much work. Ive done a couple as rough tests and they are a PITA. Editing :gross: ill just keep coming on here talking shiiiiat. Anyone who takes that up is a solider. Now if i could pull millions of views a video. . . . .;)

Clean standstills, Russell.

Status
Not open for further replies.