• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude , I will be Like Wilson, he is the best
idiocracy.jpg

not-sure.png

3298-2.jpg

Need I say more?

I noticed that Nikko is no longer on the MVP web site.

I am not a pro, highly doubt that I will ever be a pro, but I would hate to have to carry only one brand. Even if it was MVP, which half of my bag is. While I like the idea of companies allowing their players to play a mixed bag, to be fair to the sponsor, there should be a percentage of discs carried and/or played with, enforced.
Like ball golf...perhaps this should be its on thread, elsewhere.

I am not a pro, highly doubt that I will ever be a pro, but I would hate to have to carry only one brand. Even if it was MVP, which half of my bag is. While I like the idea of companies allowing their players to play a mixed bag, to be fair to the sponsor, there should be a percentage of discs carried and/or played with, enforced.
Like ball golf...perhaps this should be its on thread, elsewhere.

I'm really weird; I like the idea of carrying one brand for consistency, but I don't. If I find a plastic that I really like, I want my whole bag to feel like that too. That being said, I've tried the single-brand thing and scrapped the idea a few times because of gaps in the line up (for me at least). I think there's definitely merits to both single-brand and mixed bags.

I'm really weird; I like the idea of carrying one brand for consistency, but I don't. If I find a plastic that I really like, I want my whole bag to feel like that too. That being said, I've tried the single-brand thing and scrapped the idea a few times because of gaps in the line up (for me at least). I think there's definitely merits to both single-brand and mixed bags.

I'm right there with you. I can, and do sometimes carry an all Overmold or all Trilogy bag. I love the consistent feel of my Axiom discs, but nothing really replaces my XXX or Verdict.

Except for the sweet feel of baseline drivers, I haven't ever felt that I'm missing out on anything with MVP/Axiom. (I know I keep saying "Electron Ion!" but it's not something I need, just would love to see.)

Speaking of Ion, do any of you feel like it doesn't have enough LSS? I threw it on a couple of approach shots last round that needed a touch of anny around a tree, then a gentle fade back. Well, the fade back never happened and I was left with longer putts than I wanted. (Luckily I canned both of them) I'm thinking about adding the Envy back into the bag for those types of throws. I love the Ion to death, but it's just impossible for one single disc to do EVERY shot right.

And the Relay. My gosh I can't say enough about that disc. I'm going out on a limb, and saying that it is MVP's best release this year. Heck, it might be MVP's best release since the Axis. It powers up, down, all around, hyzer, anny, straight...for my arm, it's perfect. I pretty much only threw the Relay and the Ion last round and I scored one of my best ever. The only other disc I threw was the...

140 gram Fission Photon. Another outstanding disc, as I've mentioned in other posts, the Photon has quickly kicked every other distance driver out of my bag. The 140 was more stable than I thought it was going to be, but I did notice less HSS than in the heavier version. I have never thrown a driver that light, and it seemed to mess up whatever little timing skills that I have. I could not throw it farther than my 155, but I've only got one round with it so far, so we'll see how it goes from here.

very over stable putter is missing

I'm not sure there's really any benefit to a single brand bag. Having a few solid discs from another company isn't going to screw you up, unless you're a total head case.

This is just another DG nerd OCD thing.

By the way, I'm still trying to go with an all MVP bag :gross:

I'm not sure there's really any benefit to a single brand bag. Having a few solid discs from another company isn't going to screw you up, unless you're a total head case.

This is just another DG nerd OCD thing.

By the way, I'm still trying to go with an all MVP bag :gross:

Well, MVP's niche is nerds. <raises hand>

By the way, I'm still trying to go with an all MVP bag :gross:[/QUOTE]

It would be easier with a.... Fission Putter

So, um..... No new releases this month??...

Soft proxy:popcorn:

proton Photon:popcorn:

Sloth:popcorn:

Well I guess there are two Fridays left in July.....

Last edited:
Yea I think they have gone overboard with the minis, especially with what they are priced at. Not to mention the fact that they don't fit into a mini pocket...

I don´t know if this is actually the right place for it, but what happened to mike c channel?
I cant find any of his dg related vids there anymore, nore is he listed as a sponsored player on the mvp homepage. Do you guys have any information? I really liked his vids and he was my number 1 source for mvp/axiom discs videos.

I don´t know if this is actually the right place for it, but what happened to mike c channel?
I cant find any of his dg related vids there anymore, nore is he listed as a sponsored player on the mvp homepage. Do you guys have any information? I really liked his vids and he was my number 1 source for mvp/axiom discs videos.

There is a thread on it in the general chat area title TDGV. But basically, he is retiring from DG and took all his stuff down.

Status
Not open for further replies.