• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any experience or notice Eclipse plastic being more understable than regular Proton? Both seasoned.

Nope. Its just proton plastic with a glow rim. There isnt even a difference in neutron and proton. Plasma plastic is the only one which dome and PLH has been tweaked to fly with a little more glide and less fade.

Must just be an oddball Anode or something because my two Eclipses have completely different LSS than the regular.

There isnt. You can find slightly OS or US varions of each plastic with no drastic difference as you see with many champ vs star molds or opto vs GL etc. The durability is similar, the feel is as are the molds. What is going to be different about a rim that glows?

Thats why MVP came out with plasma plastic. The marketing notes talk about dome control and its obvious throwing a plasma volt or tesla along side any other plastic.

Must just be an oddball Anode or something because my two Eclipses have completely different LSS than the regular.

Sunken tops? Also weight plays a big factor in ions and anodes LSS. Not alllll the overmolds align perfectly either and its very possible its an odd ball.

Sunken tops in ions and anodes tend add glide and diminsh the LSS. Anodes are very straight already though so your regular might be the odd one if its fading out...?

Same weights. The two Eclipse are the blue w/ metal-flake. All 3 are identical in dome, ect (to the eye). The Proton has a very OS fade, flexes out of slight annys. The Eclipse have 0 fade and hold awesome anny lines. Just chalking it up as a fluke I guess. But I'm bummed because my gf left one of the glows behind at Hickory Hills...so I'm trying to research a replacement.

There isnt. You can find slightly OS or US varions of each plastic with no drastic difference as you see with many champ vs star molds or opto vs GL etc. The durability is similar, the feel is as are the molds. What is going to be different about a rim that glows?

Thats why MVP came out with plasma plastic. The marketing notes talk about dome control and its obvious throwing a plasma volt or tesla along side any other plastic.

I didn't say anything about Eclipse, at all. But, to say that Neutron and Proton is the same is just bad information that has no place here. No drastic difference? LOL. Just a few examples: Volt, Inertia, and Tangent.

Sounds like that proton is the odd ball. I remember discspeed(old poster who knew his ****) mentioning he had anodes for headwind which the overmold just sat up a little higher.

For instance older ions FR and 2nd runs have very small beads compared to the current ion with a nice old big bead. When ions and anodes first came out in production there wasnt a significant difference in how the two discs flew outside of feel with the beaded ions. Seems now MVP has adjusted the molds to be a little more unique in nose shape and beads consistent.

Anodes should hold pretty much any line from release snd not have an OS fade. I dont even find the Ion to really have an OS fade like the envy does for true flex I lines.

OS anode sounds cool but a fluke for sure.

I didn't say anything about Eclipse, at all. But, to say that Neutron and Proton is the same is just bad information that has no place here. No drastic difference? LOL. Just a few examples: Volt, Inertia, and Tangent.

Again this just shows you havent sampled enough of each disc and plastic type. I cant help you experience what i have but probably lost and given away more MVP discs then you have owned so there is that part............ I get orders of the damn things and also go rumage through GGGTs huge selection. Dome is the biggest factor not plastic.

It's not just me, and it's not just flight. There is no dome on the Volts or Inertias I am talking about, and these are discs from my bag and other's all bought from different retailers.

Thanks for the input. Good to know I can just order more Anodes for replacements. I might take the OS one out of the bag, to not lose it.

Pretty cool mini orbit motion I picked up a while back. Swirlier in person.
picture.php

I have a switch that is mostly grey looking up up close you see about 5 or 6 different swirled in colors. Some really neat MVPs out there for sure. Swirled plasma is the shizzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.