• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another round, and this time I only took 3 discs; F Photon, Relay, and Ion. I played a solid round, and nearly had an ace with the Relay. I've been trying to slow down my form, and it seems to be paying off. It's funny how fun the round becomes when you actually put the disc in the basket. :D

ions are not much to get excited about compared to all the other new offerings from MVP and Axiom. It is a hell of a putter mold and I am a huge fan but by no means think it is a good disc for everyone.

I am going to be getting a Motion a try here soon, thanks to the fella above me ^

Am honestly excited to try some new MVP as it's been awhile. Also, hilarious to see a Ren and Stimpy reference.

I'm almost strictly Gyro right now, and I never really clicked with the Ion either, at least, driving it, so don't let that hold you back.

Try the Envy, for me personally, it's the Gryo Ring of Power, "in the darkness binds them." (In my mind, I kind of include the Proxy as a sub-mold of the Envy, since it feels almost identical in the hand, and flies basically exactly like you'd want your beat to crap Envy to fly.)

The Motion is great, too, one of the better beef-OS drivers on the market, imo.

Crave or Fission Volt are both good ones to try as far as neutral drivers go. I find these to fly pretty similarly in the 300-350 range. Little bit of turn, little bit of fade. I prefer the F Volt for a couple of reasons, but either would be good places to start with Gyro drivers, best molds to adjust off of, IMO. Maybe the Plasma Amp too. Everyone here seems to really like them, I just don't have one yet. Hey, that reminds me...

So...where did the Phase come from? And MVP bags now? I thought I was in the loop but apparently not. Didn't hear anything about either.

Phase and Orbital were part of the 4 high-speed distance class announced in January. The other two from that class (Photon and Wave) are already out. Bags were a surprise though.

I made a horrible video showing some of the Nucleus bag features.

I'm almost strictly Gyro right now, and I never really clicked with the Ion either, at least, driving it, so don't let that hold you back.

Try the Envy, for me personally, it's the Gryo Ring of Power, "in the darkness binds them." (In my mind, I kind of include the Proxy as a sub-mold of the Envy, since it feels almost identical in the hand, and flies basically exactly like you'd want your beat to crap Envy to fly.)

The Motion is great, too, one of the better beef-OS drivers on the market, imo.

Crave or Fission Volt are both good ones to try as far as neutral drivers go. I find these to fly pretty similarly in the 300-350 range. Little bit of turn, little bit of fade. I prefer the F Volt for a couple of reasons, but either would be good places to start with Gyro drivers, best molds to adjust off of, IMO. Maybe the Plasma Amp too. Everyone here seems to really like them, I just don't have one yet. Hey, that reminds me...

Envy, Plasma Volt and Motion are all things of beauty...Plasma Amp was more stable than my Volt :(

Last edited:
Got my Phases and Orbitals in the mail today. The Orbital especially seems to have a unique wing to it. I'll have an opportunity to mess around with them plenty on Sunday and will be able to get back to everyone on what they can expect.

It looks different from the wing profile on the website, too. Let us know if they a good bit more US than the Wave, or only marginally so.

Chad and Brad,

Really, really, REALLY need more baseline discs from you guys.

That is all.

so, I noticed that only 160g electron atoms were available in the recent order. No softs or regular in the 170 or 150 and makes me wonder if the plastic is being tweaked. . . . it really is not durable enough for the current price. should be more in the $8-$10 range for what it is IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.