• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I'd be interested in hearing what AIM says about how they roll. That wing doesn't look to me like it would roll predictable lines.

I tried to throw a distance shot today, and ended up torquing it too much. It turned into an unintentional roller, stood up, and rolled beautifully. I've never done that before with an MVP disc. They were finally able to give me back my beat TM2 Vision. But this is even better.

So it's: Orbital, as in thrown hard and flat it turns so hard it flies around you 3 times. Sounds nutty, but I probably won't be running out.

Intrigued by the Phase, kind of, but it's hard to imagine being any happier with the OS slot than the Motion makes me.

Somebody was saying they're pretty soft. I agree that dampens my interest in the Phase, ditto for the skipping aspect.

Thankfully there's no need for these two in my bag either. But...I could use a truly OS mid from MVP.

If it's for slower arm speeds, I might cop one for the ladyfriend. I'm getting her on the GYRO bandwagon too. My only concern would be the big goofy rim for a smaller handed thrower.

So is the Phase Nuke OS stable?

Don't know. But it's definitely MVP's most overstable disc.

And the Orbital is not for everyone. It's soooo easy to throw a turnover with. More than even a Theory. You know a high speed driver is understable when it requires less power to turn than a midrange. Lol. I love discs like this though so I'm super stoked about taking it to the course.

Phases are super Overstable.

I only threw my Orbital a time or two, but I had smaller arms throwing them a lot and they flew really nice anhyzer lines with a smooth healthy hyzer finish for players with 280-300' of power. I was able to put a big sky controlled Anhyzer on it, or a flip from heavy hyzer to soft flex line. Still waiting on practicing rollers with it.

Darn, I was hoping to get one for a big all day outing I'm doing with some friends on Friday lol. Oh well, I guess I know where some birthday money will go towards this weekend

That Orbital profile scares the hell out of me. With how much turn the Wave gets, I don't see the Orbital getting much use.

That Orbital profile scares the hell out of me. With how much turn the Wave gets, I don't see the Orbital getting much use.

I think it depends on your power and what weight your Wave is.

The Orbital is in the unLace/Mamba zone of understability, for me. Turns over from a hyzer with ease and will burn early without enough height. I think if you don't normally crack 300 the Orbital will do it, but much more than that and it's going to be difficult to control.

Granted, this is my single round impression. But even for a lefty noodle arm, it's still going to fill more of a utility role. Plenty of room to fit another mold between the Wave and Orbital IMO.

I'm not really interested in the Orbital, but I think it's a good thing that MVP went pretty extreme with it and the Phase. between the Wave and different Photons, the entire neutral-to-workably OS and US distance slots are pretty much on lock-down.

These two should be utility-OS and -US.

Status
Not open for further replies.