• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds legit to me. axis and anode are deadly. Wave can do some crazy distance shots and fun understable lines at higher power.

Glad to hear you like the MVP discs as much as I do. Never had a problem introducing them to a new player at all.

The funny part about it was that I started off 100% innova because of its availability. About a week ago I came across a used axis at a local used sporting goods store and bought it on a whim. Here we are a week later and I have the wave, anode, and a used axiom theory that I just bought as well. The only disc even comparable to the axis and theory is my star mako3. Which was already a staple in my bag.

theory is probably one of my favorite newer MVP/axiom models to come out. Its a slower mid and so controllable at different speeds/angles such a fun disc to throw! I also have really noticed the increase in the lost and found of MVP discs around courses as well as in the used bins which you NEVER saw years before. Pretty cool! Innova and DC were all that really mattered when I started playing. Latitude came up eventually.

Hey, new player here and just wanted to say that my mvp discs are, without a doubt, the best discs in my bag. I feel so confident in them that I wouldn't think twice about solely using my 3 mvp discs (wave, axis, anode) for any given round. The gyro technology is phenomenal and every one of the discs holds the line you release it on through the entire flight. Shaved quite a few strokes off my game.

You are missing a few that are staples in my bag.

Photon: I throw this similar to the wave, but it has a much straighter flight and a harder fade. Handy for some holes or windy days.

Crave: You need to try a fairway driver. This is my fav, and very popular. All of them are good though.

Envy: If you like shallow putters.

Anybody else's bag shifted around much with all the driver releases? So many of these drivers I like, but there's enough overlap, it was causing crowding and over-decision-making. So I'm trying and liking:

3-4 Photons (with a Phase as OS utility freak, and say beat flippy Inertia for super-flip/rollers,) 2-3 Servos (with Resistor + beat Switch,) and then maybe 1-2 Volts to cover any tweener situations between those classes. (I generally only see about 50-60 ft diff from Servo class to Photon class.)

Been practicing with this set-up leading up to US Masters here, which'll be a good litmus test.

Huh, just really realized...that's no Axiom drivers in the bag.

As much as I love my Teslas, there was too much overlap with the Photons, and the two-plastic release made the Photon a no-brainer for me as primary D driver from jump due to the wide spectrum of stabilities.

teslas are feeling a little sad these days.
Inertia is back in the bag.
Virus is sticking around 4 sure.
Wave/Insanity are out for now but could make a comeback.
Tangent is a lock.
Proxy surprised the hell out of me.
have a thrashed anode im loving.
.......I haven't used the same bag setup really in 2 months it feels like but starting to settle down.

I do need to try out a relay still though, lol! :wall:

.......I haven't used the same bag setup really in 2 months it feels like but starting to settle down.

I do need to try out a relay still though, lol! :wall:

Exactly. Which is fine, and fun, for casual rounds, but playing in a few tourneys this summer has made me realize that in that scenario, it can be a liability, the revolving door bag.

Yeah, I'm curious about that Relay, but I don't see it doing anything the Switch doesn't for me, especially a beat one (which I recently lost without a backup ready. THAT's a tough one to replace.)

I agree man. My bag keeps shifting. I have yet to throw the Plasma Amp or the 12/13 speed class from MVP (exception being Fission Photon). My plan is currently to have this set up:

Fission Photon x3 (140,150, and 160g) to cover all major distance shots.
Insanity x2 (1 Neutron and 1 Proton) for Understable distance shots.
Volt x4 (2 Neutron, 1 Plasma, and 1 Fission) as my workhorse driver.
Proton Inspire x1 Understable Fairway driver.
Neutron Clash x1 OS Fairway driver.
Buzzz x3 (2 ESP & 1 Z) go-to midrange
Vector x3 (2 Electron and a 180g Proton) I only have the proton and a 174g Neutron for now though. OS Mid
Anode x3-4? (2 Electron, 1 Plasma, 1 Eclipse Soft) Electron for putting, others for driving and approach.

Minus the electron molds all I need to get is the 150g and 160g Photon along with a Volt in most likely Neutron. Eclipse and Proton I may give another shot though in a lighter weight.

I agree man. My bag keeps shifting. I have yet to throw the Plasma Amp or the 12/13 speed class from MVP (exception being Fission Photon). My plan is currently to have this set up:

Fission Photon x3 (140,150, and 160g) to cover all major distance shots.
Insanity x2 (1 Neutron and 1 Proton) for Understable distance shots.
Volt x4 (2 Neutron, 1 Plasma, and 1 Fission) as my workhorse driver.
Proton Inspire x1 Understable Fairway driver.
Neutron Clash x1 OS Fairway driver.
Buzzz x3 (2 ESP & 1 Z) go-to midrange
Vector x3 (2 Electron and a 180g Proton) I only have the proton and a 174g Neutron for now though. OS Mid
Anode x3-4? (2 Electron, 1 Plasma, 1 Eclipse Soft) Electron for putting, others for driving and approach.

Minus the electron molds all I need to get is the 150g and 160g Photon along with a Volt in most likely Neutron. Eclipse and Proton I may give another shot though in a lighter weight.
Have you happened to try an Axis (instead of the Buzzz)?

My bag is all messed up too. I've also taken out the Tesla, which was one of my old favorites.
Wave
Photon
Crave
Clash
Envy+Proxy

That's all I need. I do carry some others just for fun. Still trying to figure out the virus-it tends to turn over on me, but the wave hasn't had that problem. I need to try a heavier insanity.

Just made a 7 disc MVP order that should get here the day before my birthday. Some backups for discs I already throw, plus some new stuff to try out. I Can't wait!

1 - Proxy (Neutron, Standard, 173, Unique)
1 - Theory (Neutron, Standard, 176, Unique)
1 - Amp (Neutron, Standard, 169, Purple)
1 - Axis Mid-Range (Neutron, Standard, 177, Pink)
1 - Photon (Fission, Standard, 155, Red)
1 - Vector Mid-Range (Neutron, Standard, 176, Hot Pink)
1 - Volt (Neutron, Standard, 175, Orange)

Have you happened to try an Axis (instead of the Buzzz)?

Yep. Never was a fan of the Axis. Buzzz is the best disc of all time. Only thing MVP/Axiom cant take.

I took the Tesla, Crave, and Tangent out recently too due to overlap.

My bag seems to change with every sweet new release.

Right now, in the USA Gecko, it's:

Orbital
Wave
Fireball
Relay
Axis
Ion.

I've been playing this set-up for a few rounds now, and have been scoring well. I love the minimalist approach, and haven't felt shorthanded at all. The Orbital is the one I needed for so long, as was trying to attain it's flight with many other discs. I think it's safe to say that it'll never come out of my bag, much like the Axis and Ion.

AIM, you have to throw the Relay! Besides the Orbital, I'd say it's easily the best MVP disc released this year. That one probably has a permanent spot in my bag as well.

Ya the Relay is tight. As much as I loved the Switch I'm preferring the Relay. For such a small disc it bombs, just as far as my Switch.

I'm also smitten with the Photon. A 147 and 163 Fission.

My bag has seen quite a few changes as well.

My bag seems to change with every sweet new release.

Right now, in the USA Gecko, it's:

Orbital
Wave
Fireball
Relay
Axis
Ion.

I've been playing this set-up for a few rounds now, and have been scoring well. I love the minimalist approach, and haven't felt shorthanded at all. The Orbital is the one I needed for so long, as was trying to attain it's flight with many other discs. I think it's safe to say that it'll never come out of my bag, much like the Axis and Ion.

AIM, you have to throw the Relay! Besides the Orbital, I'd say it's easily the best MVP disc released this year. That one probably has a permanent spot in my bag as well.

What weight Orbital do you throw?

171 Orbital
175 (I think) Relay
174 Fireball
174 Wave
178 Axis
172 Ion

I don't know if I would recomend a much lighter weight Orbital than mine. (I want to try a 150's just for laughs) I throw it around 300-315 max. Yesterday I had a huge drive with it that may have been over 315. Even at nearly max weight its a very understable disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.