• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the Switch?

My son has been asking for a Switch lately. Just last week I took a branch off a tree and beat him with it. He didn't seem to like it as much as he said he would. Maybe this is the Switch he was asking for?

JK. No, I don't beat my kids... He HAS been asking for a switch and I've jokingly been telling how much I want to give him and all his friends one.

Seriously tho, the Volt does look good. I prefer stable to slightly understable as my main distance driver.

Anything above 150 class is useless for weaker players... plus it just went OOP. The Relay would be a better choice.

How about the Switch?

My son has been asking for a Switch lately. Just last week I took a branch off a tree and beat him with it. He didn't seem to like it as much as he said he would. Maybe this is the Switch he was asking for?

JK. No, I don't beat my kids... He HAS been asking for a switch and I've jokingly been telling how much I want to give him and all his friends one.

Seriously tho, the Volt does look good. I prefer stable to slightly understable as my main distance driver.

volt = better thunderbird

My new Matrix has almost the exact same HSS of a flat Proton Axis from a flat throw. Because of the blunter nose and probably more gyro (Matrix built like putter where overmold is the entire wing) the Matrix turns slower and stays on line better when it does start to turn. So for me the Axis turns when it hits the high speed break, but the Matrix has more of a slight drift when it breaks. Again this is with dead flat throws around 300'.

My new Matrix is more of the gyro-buzz that I always wanted the Axis to be. It has more LSS than the Axis too which makes it a nice versatile tweener between the Vector and Axis that can replace both.

I found the Matrix more LSS as well.

Not sure what it is about how I throw them, but the Axis has always felt pretty HSS for me. The opinions I've read about the mold online tell me others find them to turn more than I do. Whatever it is, the mold has worked well for me since the first day I threw it.

A stable to slightly understable driver, in the speed 9-10 range, my recommendation is an insanity. It's been my main driver for a long time now. It's got a bit of wiggle to it, but at my arm speed it's mainly just straight. I put it out about 315' for reference. I love that disc.

I found a green plaz Ion, 173, almost new.

mike i appreciate you looking

im going to pass i really cant find green for **** on the ground around my neck of the woods and i have a green plaz volt that is for winter only because of how much it sucks to look for it

also i think i need to accept plaz is no longer going to be readily accessible so i need to start loving neutron or proton or whatever has the brightest pink or blue cores

thank you

mike i appreciate you looking

im going to pass i really cant find green for **** on the ground around my neck of the woods and i have a green plaz volt that is for winter only because of how much it sucks to look for it

also i think i need to accept plaz is no longer going to be readily accessible so i need to start loving neutron or proton or whatever has the brightest pink or blue cores

thank you

I hear ya. I'm going to give the Matrix another shot at the straight mid slot since the Axis got the cut. Worst case scenario I'm sitting on 5 or 6 backups in Eclipse, so I'm in good shape if I stick with em.

I hear ya. I'm going to give the Matrix another shot at the straight mid slot since the Axis got the cut. Worst case scenario I'm sitting on 5 or 6 backups in Eclipse, so I'm in good shape if I stick with em.

personally i liked the matrix better but i only only threw the first run on the release day

probably mvps closest to a buzz

speaking of which maybe you could switch over to the buzz ;)

I'm kinda in the same boat. Although I've always bagged a matrix as a os compliment to my plaz axis (previously alias, but found axis more versatile). I am very rather curious how the electron matrix will fly. I hate the idea of cycling discs, but an electron matrix in various stages of wear could fit several spots itb.

The P Matrix has been pretty easy for me to switch over to. It flies pretty intuitively if you're experienced with Axis/Vector/Buzzz. I'm really pleased with the disc's ability to fly hyzer, flat, and anhyzer lines. It's not as dead straight as a Buzzz, doesn't hyzer quite as consistently as a Vector, or fly as long as that tight S curve you get when you pound an Axis, but so far it seems like it might be better all-around than any of those three.

landed behind a 30 foot pine tree and had a thin fairway with guardian trees around the basket and about 125ft out

threw a hammer with my plaz ion over the pine and carved the fairway and smashed the top of the basket

would have been my first two on that hole

I'm kinda in the same boat. Although I've always bagged a matrix as a os compliment to my plaz axis (previously alias, but found axis more versatile). I am very rather curious how the electron matrix will fly. I hate the idea of cycling discs, but an electron matrix in various stages of wear could fit several spots itb.

I've got 2 electrons in the mail to go with my beat proton and looking for another fresh proton or neutron. Pretty sure I can cover all midrange shots with a few matrices now that they're in electron granted they beat in to develop some turn. Fireball is always there to handle flex lines since the matrix isnt great for that. A Pyro could do it too I guess but 1 mold for 1 job is hard to justify.

I've got 2 electrons in the mail to go with my beat proton and looking for another fresh proton or neutron. Pretty sure I can cover all midrange shots with a few matrices now that they're in electron granted they beat in to develop some turn. Fireball is always there to handle flex lines since the matrix isnt great for that. A Pyro could do it too I guess but 1 mold for 1 job is hard to justify.

2 rounds and 2 field practices in: the Electron Matrix is pretty straight. I know it is listed as -1, but the 178 and 180 I am throwing haven't really turned while flat. I am getting them out about 300-310 on flat. One of them took a good tree hit. No warping or clovering yet. This Electron plastic is firmer and slicker than other firm Electron blends out there. It is not as chalky as the Electron Volts. The surface is a bit slicker. I am hoping that more wear will make them a bit grippier. I too am hoping that I will be able to beat on into fill that S/US slot that I had for my Axis. I also might try and get a lighter weight one. The one at 180 is really nice and beefy and even with some forced turnover it fights out. I am pretty happy so far.

I figured I would share this here too.

I bought my first MVP. 172g plasma tesla. Im cheap so I was pretty excited when I found it in the used pile.

I had asked people why they liked MVP. Why do people NOT like them?

Attachments

• 20190917_191853.jpg
    20190917_191853.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 20
direct correlation between people that dont like them and not being able to activate the gyro

I hear that, they are kinda lumpy if you don't snap them right and clean. The Vector is a great example, tons of stabbing if you don't get it up to speed and a ton of anhyzer if you cheat with a wrist roll.

Seen some great throws with the electron Matrix on FB, curious but electron is not why I throw MVP, I'm going to hold out for the new offerings. I'm getting excited more than bitter.

direct correlation between people that dont like them and not being able to activate the gyro

yeah, unless you have a decent amount of snap to your throw they don't perform well. Actually MVP discs are what taught me to utilize snap since they respond so well to different amounts of it.

SO I just got my second ace with a beat plasma volt the other day :) Made me rethink my bag a bit. It's flippy now, like relay flippy. I lost my relay and my crave so Im thinking maybe a fresh plasma volt could replace both slots and maybe even do away with the need for a tesla or wrath with photons in the bag. For reference itd be cycles of:

Atom
Entropy
Matrix
Volt
Inertia
Fireball
Photon
Octane

Any thoughts?

Stabby stabby... what I meant is "tons of stability".

Hey Mediocredude the Volt is probably a real sweet fit for you at your power level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts