• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

so i took the ion out today to a local course,and after just one round my general impression is: that thing is amazing!. so far its been great. i was throwing it on super straight lazers and and also a few anny lines as well. the thing is definitely the best driving putter ive had aside from my wizard but these things are giving them a run for a spot in my bag. i had a few ace runs on a couple up hill and down hill holes with the ion. i can just give it so much snap and it wont turn and burn. the textured feel on the bottom is nice and the top glossy feel isnt as bad as i thought it would be as ive never been a big fan of premium plastic putters. the durability of the thing is bad ass as well, i hit chains,baskets,trees,rocks,rolled it,thumbed it, everything and the thing didnt get one ding or chunk taken out of it. if you havnt tried one yet,i suggest you do.im looking forward to more time with it :mrgreen:

ps.yes i had to finally try it after all the hype but its intrigued me since it came out and now that its at a heavier weight. (173 for me) its nice.

yea you should. jason is wanting to check it out as well. so far i havnt seen anybody with one. bring your ass by the shack this weekend or friday or somethin.

BrotherDave said:
Is it too much to ask for an eta on the medium ions?
Funny you ask this... We just got in our plastic we are going to be testing out for our Medium Proton run. We don't want to give any time estimates as of yet, but we hope soon! Stay tuned!

On a side note... be prepared for an Art Contest on the PDGA boards very shortly!!! I am hoping to have the post up by tomorrow with all of the information located there.

I am more than pleased to be hearing all of the great reviews and feedback everyone! Keep it up!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask away! I am more than happy to help in any way that I can :)

Thanks again everyone!

~Chad

Worm 28 said:
BrotherDave said:
Is it too much to ask for an eta on the medium ions?
Funny you ask this... We just got in our plastic we are going to be testing out for our Medium Proton run. We don't want to give any time estimates as of yet, but we hope soon! Stay tuned!

On a side note... be prepared for an Art Contest on the PDGA boards very shortly!!! I am hoping to have the post up by tomorrow with all of the information located there.

I am more than pleased to be hearing all of the great reviews and feedback everyone! Keep it up!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask away! I am more than happy to help in any way that I can :)

Thanks again everyone!

~Chad
Any really soft ions on the way?

riverboy said:
Any really soft ions on the way?
This is definitely being contemplated. As of when, I cannot say, but possibly later in the year! We felt that our Soft Proton plastic and soon our Medium Proton plastic runs are top priority for now. Then later we can work on and develop a few of our under-the-works ideas ;)

If the Ion is easy to throw farther than other putters how does it compare in distance to a Spike that also has 10-20' advantage over my S Voodoo?

JR said:
If the Ion is easy to throw farther than other putters how does it compare in distance to a Spike that also has 10-20' advantage over my S Voodoo?

The Spike gets there with speed where the Ion simply glides. The Spikes I've thrown have been flippier as well.

The ION hot stamp contest is now in progress! Check out contest details and information for a chance to win $500.00 here! :

http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=33548

Had the camcorder with me but I did not shoot the hole for some reason. I was at Blue Ribbon Pines on Sunday for the Mulligan Stew. I videoed Holes 1, 14, and 24. Wish I had the infamous #4. I decided against it because who wants to watch footage of five guys hitting trees less than 10 feet out.

I planted the Ion smack straight in the middle of the fairway (11 feet wide, I measured) at 300 feet. I naturally botched the second and third shot, settling for a 5. If you have seen Clash VI, my shot landed almost exactly where Cale's did. It was beautiful watching the Ion fly that straight, no turn no fade, and land softly on the ground perfectly in the center of the fairway. At least I got 4 other witnesses, 2 of which are willing to embellish it so by next week it can be 350 feet.

Worm 28 said:
The ION hot stamp contest is now in progress! Check out contest details and information for a chance to win $500.00 here! :

If you can figure out how to make a motion hot stamp, use Discspeed's avatar! :)

ForeverBlue232 said:
Worm 28 said:

If you can figure out how to make a motion hot stamp, use Discspeed's avatar! :)

That would be great...a motion hologram stamp.

discspeed said:
ForeverBlue232 said:
Worm 28 said:

That would be great...a motion hologram stamp.

that would win. We need more of those.

The more I throw my Ions the more I appreciate how well they can fly on any directional line. It can hold any amount of micro hyzer or anhyzer, especially if not completely powered. For shots 200' and in I don't really have to think about what disc to throw, simply what angle to throw it with. For my style, it is also the best forehand putter I've ever thrown, displaying the exact characteristics and flight as my backhand shots with it. Some days my forehand Ion shots actually look better. :?

So sometimes I power grip wizards to get them to do a little extra for me but have never felt comfortable with the grip on them. The Ion on the other hand, I can power grip easily and has let me throw a putter on a couple of holes I used to throw mids on. It's nice.

Frank Delicious said:
So sometimes I power grip wizards to get them to do a little extra for me but have never felt comfortable with the grip on them. The Ion on the other hand, I can power grip easily and has let me throw a putter on a couple of holes I used to throw mids on. It's nice.

That was exactly my problems with all Gateway Putters...Even in all the different plastics their have only been a few I could really rip hard comfortably without getting any OAT consistently. There were a couple of runs of Wizards and Warlocks and that's it. All of the others I could get OAT-free 75% of the time, but that's not good enough. I'm completely clean with the Ion.

Shit I may break down and buy one before I ever give Booters a test. haven't read a single bad thing about them. Based on what I am reading it would fill the slot for the shots I have been over driving with a Roc and coming up short with a Wiz. I took 3 bogeys on my local course today because I over drove them with a Roc(all aprox 300ft) and it went down a hill or had me 3 putting around trees/bushes/obstacles.