• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP - Fission™ Microbubble Technology

1fission: noun fis·sion \ˈfi-shən, -zhən\

copied this direct from mirriam-webster site. Looks like you're good either way

I'm going Fission later

Usage would seem to imply that either pronunciation is acceptable.

BTW, does mission also rhyme with vision?

:D

1. Youtube scientists discussing it. And maybe, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, not do I have to stop making fun of you.

2. no

Has anyone been able to test the 20g rule previously mentioned? That a 155g disc in Fission will fly very similar to a disc at 175g in Neutron/Proton? Very curious about this myself.

"MVP Disc Sports Fission™ Microbubble Technology.
Straighter. Longer. More accurate and easier to throw."

Taken from the first post.

Has anyone been able to test the 20g rule previously mentioned? That a 155g disc in Fission will fly very similar to a disc at 175g in Neutron/Proton? Very curious about this myself.

I'd say this rule of thumb is a fair approximation, assuming they are thrown at the same speed. My 155 fission Photon has all the fade of it's max weight brother, but is a touch straighter for me since it holds the HSS portion of the flight longer. I this is due to throwing the lighter disc faster.

Once you drop below 155g photons can start to fly more like a wave. I had a 134g and 141g that were understable compared to all of the 155g-max wt plastic photons.

Lighter fission volts fly exactly as designed. Definitely longer and easier to throw.

I have a 157g Fission Volt that's actually more overstable than my old max weight. I threw it a handful of times then gave it to the backseat. Thing flew like a FAF Firebird! Pure meat market.

Hey I have a total noodle arm, throwing teebirds around 300ft on my best days. If I were to check out a fission disc for free extra D while still being controllable, should I try a tesla or a photon? I would think approx 150g would be nice.

Hey I have a total noodle arm, throwing teebirds around 300ft on my best days. If I were to check out a fission disc for free extra D while still being controllable, should I try a tesla or a photon? I would think approx 150g would be nice.

I would go lighter and probably a less stable mold too. Because Fission has bubbles in the flight plate, Fission discs tend to be more stable than say Innova Blizzard plastic. They fly similarly to a regular MVP disc that's roughly 15-20 grams heavier. So a 150g Fission disc is going to fly like a 165-170g disc of the same mold. It will be lighter so you might get a little more power on it, but at your distance a Tesla or Photon of that weight is probably not going to get you much more distance than your Teebird.

Anyway, you could either go lighter (say 130-140) or go with a mold that's more understable out of the box like an Inertia or Wave.

The 135g photons and teslas tend to be domey in my experience and fly much less OS. Anything over 150g tend to fly more true to normal ones.

Depends what you want really like Hh^ said.

I actually first checked on MVP's site and found that only the Volt, Tesla and Photon were listed as available in this plastic. Same thing seems to be the case on discgolfcenter.

Anyway, sounds like I had better go REALLY light if I want to see a little less HSS in order to stretch out some extra cheater distance.

I actually first checked on MVP's site and found that only the Volt, Tesla and Photon were listed as available in this plastic. Same thing seems to be the case on discgolfcenter.

Anyway, sounds like I had better go REALLY light if I want to see a little less HSS in order to stretch out some extra cheater distance.

A lot of MVP's molds are actually available in lighter weights in regular Proton and Neutron plastic, and that might work better for you. For example, DGC has Inertias down into the 150's in both Proton and Neutron plastic. I'm not really sure how those fly, but Aim probably knows. He's much more the authority on MVP than me.

Any mold that is on the US side at all (has hs turn) when lighter with neutron/proton/plasma tends to be more US the lighter you go. The stable stuff keeps more true to stability but gets the benefit of increased glide.

I have a 138 Tesla that was GREAT for extra cheater distance for a while (like a month or two at most). And then one day it got flippy as all get out and very hard to control. I also have a 150 fission Tesla that has held up better but it honestly doesn't go any further than anything else so it's on the bench.

I disagree with the others. A domey Fission Photon at 145-155 will fly less stable and get you more cheater distance than your teebird. The domey ones bomb. If you're buying online make sure you request it. Flat will be stable like neutron and proton respective to the typical flight of each mold.

Mine has a slight raise and is definitely more understable that normal. It's a long turnover disc for me, has like 385 foot turnovers pretty much covered