• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP - Fission™ Microbubble Technology

No, they just made the core lighter.

You're right. I just automatically think they made the rim heavier when really they just changed the weight distribution ratio while keeping the rim the same. Would be interesting to see a crazy heavy rim and ultralight core...

If I like my 171 neutron volt, what weight would I want to try in fission plastic?
The claim is they throw like a disc that's 20g heavier. So this may be a decent way to gauge it. I have a 164 and it has less fade on a flat rip than my neutrons and protons at 170-175 but it doesn't turn over.

You're right. I just automatically think they made the rim heavier when really they just changed the weight distribution ratio while keeping the rim the same. Would be interesting to see a crazy heavy rim and ultralight core...

I think that's where fission is going. A few years ago I had a blizzard destroyer with bubbles just in the flight plate and it flew much better than a blizzard destroyer with bubbles in just the wing. People would really respond to max weight discs with a light weight core.

Last edited:

The fission diagram seems to indicate that while the cores are much lighter, the rims are denser than previous as well. Where have you read otherwise?

Light cores? No cores! Aerobieeeeeeee

What mold you guys think is next in fission? Photon version of this plastic is grippy and had decent grip when wet, maybe we will see a mid at some point?

the durability on the photons is excellent -- if they want to go the innova route might as well make light weight errrrrrrrythangggggggg, but atleast these will fly OK ;)

I would say a shared core is next, meaning one of the other 3 distance drivers, or the Amp. (Assuming that the others have the same core as the Photon)

Why don't they go hog wild and make a Fission Tensor or something.

Keep us surprised. :p

Not sure Fission putters would be worth it. Didn't they get the putters down to lower weights in Plasma? I could maybe see a tweener more OS Fission putter for driving purposes. Or maybe in the Envy. But a Fission Ion?? I don't know.

Not sure Fission putters would be worth it. Didn't they get the putters down to lower weights in Plasma? I could maybe see a tweener more OS Fission putter for driving purposes. Or maybe in the Envy. But a Fission Ion?? I don't know.

I don't really see it either

Fission mids would break new ground. A 155 Axis or Tangent that flies like a 175?!?! Those would be dream discs for those of us who throw <160.

If you don't see 'it' your not looking in the right place

Fission putters!!!!!

If they could make max weight fission putters I could see the appeal. The plastic has that waxy grippy quality that you find in a KC pro type plastic.

For me it's about the feel of the plastic not so much the the weight. It has a nice amount of flex without being too floppy. big fan of this plastic