• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP - Fission™ Microbubble Technology

Am I the only one enjoying fission discs despite the plastic? They fly excellently, but I find fission to be rather slick, especially next to regular N. It doesn't seem to be enough to affect my throws BH, but almost every FH slips out early with fission for me.

The volts were slick the photons were tacky

I have thrown my brothers volt quite a few times, but I own a photon, and tacky is definitely not a word that can be used to describe it. It's a slick plastic in general based on the ones I've felt, and my photon is equally as slick as my brothers volt when held side by side. We both have orange cores with a bit of swirl, could color perhaps be a factor with this plastic? Sounds like my photon isn't the norm, and I've only felt orange cores of an admittedly small sample size of 4 discs.

ah, finally found it. I agree with dis mayne.

This doesn't really nail down the feel but I got an oldschool Evolution vibe from Fission. Like old E Sabres and E Elements... a dry urethane feel, not glossy-grip like candy, but matte with a slight texture like KC... the weird super durable Gateway E that felt like harder KC and was way more durable. My few road landing incidents didn't damage Fissions or Plasmas; seems like Neutron durability. Really just feels like Neutron with the gloss.

I have thrown my brothers volt quite a few times, but I own a photon, and tacky is definitely not a word that can be used to describe it. It's a slick plastic in general based on the ones I've felt, and my photon is equally as slick as my brothers volt when held side by side. We both have orange cores with a bit of swirl, could color perhaps be a factor with this plastic? Sounds like my photon isn't the norm, and I've only felt orange cores of an admittedly small sample size of 4 discs.

i havent fondled a photon yet, but i have a lime green volt and its not exactly tacky. its a touch on the firm side, and while its not really slick, its just a bit more grippy than what Id call slick. I wish is was softer and grippier for sure

My white Volt is anything but slick. It grips beautifully and is one of the nicer feeling discs in my bag. I prefer it to Neutron or Plasma. In fact, the only thing I have bagged that feels better is a Star Tern.

I don't find Fission Neutron to be more slick than regular Neutron. I find new MVP Neutron to be the slickest of all their plastic until beat in. Soft Neutron and the newer Axiom neutron is a bit less slick. Perhaps that is because it is softer and easier to get a hold of it with that softness. My slightly beat in Fission Volts are anything but slick. They have a great grip.

Hmmm, definitely sounds like I've got a weird photon then, thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll have to try another photon soon once they are in stock somewhere local.

Hmmm, definitely sounds like I've got a weird photon then, thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll have to try another photon soon once they are in stock somewhere local.

Mine kind of had a waxy slickness to it when I first got it, but I rubbed a bunch of semi wet dirt/gravel on it and it seems to fix the problem. I think some plastics are more sensitive to whether or not you have dry greasy or clammy hands, and this is one of them. Take a scotchbrite pad to it and see if that helps. I did this to my proxy and soft envy over the winter and it seemed to help, without excess scuffing of the disc.

Last edited:
Nooooooo, no you?!?! Say it isn't so!

Heh. How do you pronounce it? I think if I say it out loud it sounds like "fishun."

Are you more like "oh no, my good man, it's 'fissseeon,' cheerio." LOL

Or seriously, is the "ss" more of the soft "g," like fusion? Like 'fission' rhymes with 'vision?'

Heh. How do you pronounce it? I think if I say it out loud it sounds like "fishun."

Are you more like "oh no, my good man, it's 'fissseeon,' cheerio." LOL

Or seriously, is the "ss" more of the soft "g," like fusion? Like 'fission' rhymes with 'vision?'

Since it's full of bubbles, should be called "fizzin'"

Latest posts