• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP - Fission™ Microbubble Technology

Its not like they can make the overmold of lead or something lol...

They just have to pass the Flex test ;-) Lead is a soft metal. J/k

If you think about the relative weight difference between the metal nuts tapped to a wizard done by Chad & Brad, so long ago... Super heavy overmold on a light core = super enhanced gyro effect.

When is the Volt's understable brother gonna get some love? Fission Amp!

Really looking forward to seeing some reports from other noodle arms and the ~155 weights. Could be really cool.

I'll have a full review on my site next Thursday (along with a giveaway), but to hold you over until then, here's my take:

The 155 Fission has been my go-to during testing. It absolutely CRUSHES a long, glidey hyzer line, and will flip to flat with a little more snap. It'll hold an anny with a pretty harsh angle before flexing out late, or give it less anny for lazer beam flights. Handles a moderate headwind, too.

It's a legit workhorse driver that has all the qualities of a Volt (more of the less stable first run style than a heavy Proton), but in an easier-to-throw package.

When is the Volt's understable brother gonna get some love? Fission Amp!

IMO This would be a smart move for them. Amp + Fission would make a great combo, and it'd put the spotlight back on one of their best drivers for lower powered players.

IMO This would be a smart move for them. Amp + Fission would make a great combo, and it'd put the spotlight back on one of their best drivers for lower powered players.

Love to see it in 150ish plasma also. My 172 N Amp still seems to be fairly beefy, at least for me at this point.

The crave/inspire (white cores) would be great to see in fission in the near future also...:thmbup:

My local shop got in there shipment today and I think I've got my volts picked out for Friday. Unfortunately they didn't order any fissions lighter than 160 or any plasmas lighter than 169.

Think I'm getting a swirly bright green first run plasma at 175 and a white/blue fission at 163. I've never seen anything like this fission before. It's almost tye dye. Blue streaks on the bottom with kind of a blue splotch center on top. Looks a lot like old school glow in the dark toys.
Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? "Hey, lets order the lightweight plastic, but only in it's max weights":wall::doh::\

Regardless, I want to see pics of your Fission disc. Sounds like a beaut!

Long ago I suggested gold dust in the rim to increase the gyro and also the bling.
LOL, they could call it the Floyd Mayweather series...:D

Long ago I suggested gold dust in the rim to increase the gyro and also the bling.

:thmbup: gold and lead a really soft though :\ Seems like MVP could literally put weights in the rim given the change of PDGA specs (last year?) as BigSky and I were talking about via PM.

ryandb -- You should roast your shop for being silly :D Not ordering 150 fission volts, UMM WUUUT?!

My 172 N Amp is the driver I pull when I want a laser beam with no fade at the end. Straightest disc in my bag. Would love a fission one.

Some of us are dealers and others are testers for MVP.

Tomorrow these will be on store shelves and available tonight online at 12am EST. (along with first run plasma volts, stock plasma volts, proton insanities and wraths)

I can't wait to get my hands on my pre-ordered Fission Volt. Would love to see a Fission Amp. :D

So, where's everyone getting these? All the sites I check are for preorder only. Must have gotten some protos?

I'm lucky enough to have been chosen to be part of Team MVP and will be getting my hands on the new discs 1-2 weeks early. I can't say enough how much these Fission Volts are impressing me. I definitely intend on getting these in a lot of hands. While these can be marketed to the same group as Blizzard and Air plastics in Women, Juniors, and Average-below average distance throwers, they also suit the games of further throwers much more than those other previous attempts at this technology in my opinion. All the 400' throwers I've handed them to have initially adjusted their throws the same they would for Blizzard and are finding their shots hyzering out on huge Glide-filled lines because these don't just fly lighter, they fly easier while retaining the characteristics of their mold.

I have enough volts atm but I did feel one of these up while at the shop this morning. I think this is a great feeling plastic and will definitely grab a wave and photon, when released.

Well, I ordered a 154 gr. Fission Volt. Can't wait for it to get here!

I really like my 174 gr. Neutron Volt. Its going to be great to throw a longer, straighter one!

Latest posts