• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

The speed difference is more about being able to throw longer distances more accurately vs actually getting more distance.

I agree with this. For me, I really feel like the Inertia is more of a control driver with added distance, but that is how I play my game, anyway. I've never had a big arm - probably never will - so control takes precedence for me.

I guess the point I am trying to make it this: I don't feel like I am sacrificing control for the extra distance with the Inertia. If anything, I am getting more control and more distance than with the Amp.

This actually works out well. I picture the crave as a tweener with the switch and servo bookending it. Then the inertia comes out for that extra 50 ft or so. Really a nice set up they have come out with. I'm extremely excited to get my pre orders.

in a rough sense the 50' comment is pretty accurate even at 300' max or 400'+ of power.

For me throwing a volt 350+ takes some work. After my handful of throws yesterday I don't doubt being able to break 400. Its nothing like i would use my cannon for per-se but is "faster" for sure which i think onemilemore touches on and reiterates what he quoted from me in a simple way.

If anything, I am getting more control and more distance than with the Amp.

The inertia appears to be a fairly forgiving driver considering its over all stability on the slightly understable side. Not often do those 2 things go together with faster drivers.

The inertia appears to be a fairly forgiving driver considering its over all stability on the slightly understable side. Not often do those 2 things go together with faster drivers.

What I'm finding interesting so far is that it seems more accessible to a wider range of power levels than MVP's other offerings. It may be due to the understable nature, like you said, but you're putting it out 50-75 feet further than I am and it didn't seem squirrely, right? Curious to see how it handles for Mike C and if there is an upper end to where it becomes too understable.

The only time it got off line was into a headwind (so I was planning on that already) and I threw it oaty reckless just to see what it did-- me doing this means there is a LOT of snap being put on the disc and torque, even so into the 15+ headwind it just flipped over didn't cut roll or anything stupid.

I cant imagine really using this as my "go-to" driver just due to really only wanting one for big shots anyways but will be using it vs a volt at many times and excited to see how it rolls vs them. Volt rollers are beauuuuuuutiful. :D

This actually works out well. I picture the crave as a tweener with the switch and servo bookending it. Then the inertia comes out for that extra 50 ft or so. Really a nice set up they have come out with. I'm extremely excited to get my pre orders.

Yea I think you got it pretty straight. The way I throw it might be a bit differentth though. Except for ideal conditions I don't see using my inertia for max d. Today though on the course I threw, woodland valley, black bear thir is only one hole, hole ten, I pulled it out for three rounds in a row. It's a big 330 foot right to left which has always looked impossible for me backhand with a wall of trees at the apex and some tiny gaps and a nearly 90 degree turn once you get out there. I had never backhanded the hole before and three times in a row punched a perfect 80% hyzer 20' up and flipped it at the basket all three times. Not an easy hole but it sold me in bagging the inertia.

Out in the open it will need to be really calm, tailwind, or some travel right to pull it out over something more beefy. But in the woods on a nasty right dogleg I'm gonna be going for this BH instead of a firebird, shock or quasar flick which ends me up 50 short. It handles my flips a lot better than ive ever figured out an amp for, although that's improving, particulaly with the high PLH flat one jake gave me which fades out really nicely!

^I feel that. Its a calm day/tailwind and tight line shaping kind of D driver. Anyone who doesn't have business throwing fast discs CAN throw this. Those who have the power and like 12 speeders will see where its useful like you mention.

And I meant left to right for hole ten, black bear in the post two above but you probably figured that.

^I feel that. Its a calm day/tailwind and tight line shaping kind of D driver. Anyone who doesn't have business throwing fast discs CAN throw this. Those who have the power and like 12 speeders will see where its useful like you mention.

Lives in calm weather? Check.
Doesn't have any business throwing faster discs? Check.

I was thinking about my distance and my two home courses, and I've figured that the Inertia will take about 50% of my tee shots at both courses. Since it can hold tighter lines, it ended up taking more shots away from the Switch than I thought it would.

That thing will bomb for you on the first few holes at Kit for sure...I bet I end up trying this out against my TD2. I like that disc but easy to throw it is not sometimes. I haven't thrown much mvp since my old volt and amp but you guys all are making it sound easier to throw than the amp was. I always felt like I needed to crush that thing to get it to go.

That thing will bomb for you on the first few holes at Kit for sure...I bet I end up trying this out against my TD2. I like that disc but easy to throw it is not sometimes. I haven't thrown much mvp since my old volt and amp but you guys all are making it sound easier to throw than the amp was. I always felt like I needed to crush that thing to get it to go.

It is easier to throw than a amp for sure due to the increased speed that's generally the case with any disc of the similar stability the slower ones always are harder to control the further you push them out. whatever it is about the FATTY overmolds on these really makes them nice.

I know there are a lot of gyro haters but this thing and the newest models specially the switch are proving there is some real true basis for their claims. These discs are very "gyro" prominent IMO.

I will be using the Inertia for every drive at my home course tomorrow. I fully expect to have my best round ever. :thmbup:

I haven't been so excited for a regular round in a long time. The Inertia brings a whole new level of fun off the tee. :D

That's good to hear, I can't wait to hear how it works out for you tomorrow! That's gonna be my next purchase but probably not til after the May tourney for safety's sake.

I haven't been so excited for a regular round in a long time. The Inertia brings a whole new level of fun off the tee. :D

Awesome man, this was how I felt with the Switch it just connected and bombed right away, I can't wait to try the Inertia though. Enjoy your round man.

These bomb. I got 6 of them today and I went out to my test hole and threw them all 1 time each. Got 450' easy even with my middle finger taped up, messing with my grip. They kind of remind me of the Champion Tern I threw but with a touch less HSS and more glide. I think these are going to be a big hit. The stability and rim width will make this a very accessible distance driver for a variety of skill levels.

I've got a video coming soon.

Not the greatest throws, definitely still getting used to it + the taped finger threw me off. Seems to have a ton of glide though. Longer Amp sounds about right based on what I saw today, but the heavy one at the end felt a bit more stable. Excited to give these a full workout over the next few days. Going to try and get some friends to throw it to so I can show different power levels. That or throw them LHBH.

They seem to cruise far pretty effortlessly for how narrow the rim is compared to most DD's. Definitely wasn't throwing max power here.

Well, Mike posted a video, you guys can stop holding your breath now.

Looked like quite a bit of hyzer you were putting on it Mike.