• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP OHM - The Comprehensive Thread

Yeah maybe soft neutron would be decent for the ohm.. I know there's got to be a reason the ion isn't available in soft n. I always liked it's flight better in the hard plastics, but I'd rather have a soft one in my hand.

Now a soft neutron Relay would be cool, or a fission would be better. I'm surprised there isn't an option for them yet.

Ohman how about a fission Ohm!

How's the ohm doing in the bag? And the Envy? That's 2/6 of my bag

I have only gotten one other shortened round (12 holes) with it so far, still really like it. The Envy is hit or miss with me so far. I can't FH it to save my life and unless I really rip on it BH, its seems pretty average. However, when I do get a good full power throw, it is great. Same distance as my USDGC Roc with a little different finish.

I've been using the ohm for putting...I'm trying to learn a spush putt. (Pretty beginner)

I'm really enjoying the ohm so far for putting...why are people saying they are waiting for a different plastic? Don't want to learn something wrong.

I've been using the ohm for putting...I'm trying to learn a spush putt. (Pretty beginner)

I'm really enjoying the ohm so far for putting...why are people saying they are waiting for a different plastic? Don't want to learn something wrong.
Don't worry about plastic, I putt with premium and love it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

The vast majority of disc golfers prefer to putt with base plastic. It's typically grippier, grittier, and feels better in wet conditions. But, you don't have to, it's just a feel thing.

electron plastic is god awful

i putt and putter drive with premium too

its holds the sweet spot longer too

The vast majority of disc golfers prefer to putt with base plastic. It's typically grippier, grittier, and feels better in wet conditions. But, you don't have to, it's just a feel thing.

I read that on here and I got a few putters in electron and they all seemed slippery to me.

The neutron and cosmic neutron feel the best as of now for whatever reason. Just wondering if I'm going to learn something then have to unlearn it.

Haven't played in rain yet. Sounds like fun!

I wondered also why everybody said to use electron soft plastic. I tried and I hate it! I used to putt with neutron envy and now with neutron Ohm.

I putt with regular electron Anodes and throw the hell out of a firm E anode. I wonder if the blend has changed over time. I think it's great baseline plastic. I had to best the tar out of that firm e anode to get it to start turning more. Two seasons with the putting Anodes and they are fine. No worse than the dx discs I used to toss (an aviar, shark and a...don't laugh.... skeeter).

Last edited:
I'm another believer in electron soft Pilots. They feel great and have a clean release.
They do take a big beating from normal putting duty and practice use tho. So much so, I needed to buy another pair
mid season. They had big chunks missing on them!! I have limited thier use to outside the circle where that 5 glide is needed.

Fun Ohm story to share:
I was playing by myself (trying to get 18 in before dinner) at Harmony Bends. I came up on a group of 3 younger (college age) players who were kind enough to let my play through at #8. #8 is 230ish uphill (15'-20' in elevation) with a severe slope on the left. I don't play this tee placement often but in the past I have thrown a Roc or FH a Zone. They were kindly waiting for me so I was going to grab my #2.5 Roc but saw the Ohm and decided to grab it. I was thinking I will be short but at least it wont fade out and leave me down the slope left. I ended throwing it with a touch of anhyzer and ended up slightly past the basket with a makeable birdie putt.
One of the kids commented "great shot, what plastic was that Envy?" I said its Neutron but its an Ohm not an Envy. He said he would have to check into getting one.

No point to this story other than Ohm's are awesome.

One of the kids commented "great shot, what plastic was that Envy?" I said its Neutron but its an Ohm not an Envy. He said he would have to check into getting one.

No point to this story other than Ohm's are awesome.

Sounds like the point is that it's fun to impress kids with good putter throwing skills!

Had a throw-in from 75'ish yesterday with an Ohm. The difference between this throw in and the few others I have had, is that I was actually trying to do it. There were some woods about 10ft behind the basket so I figured even if I miss the trees would stop it from going too far.

Latest posts