• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Question for Mike C and other testers: In your opinion, how would the Volt fly for us earthlings who can only throw 400' down a ski slope in a 50 mph tailwind? In other words, is it noodle arm friendly? :D

I've had two preordered from communitydiscs.com for a few weeks now and was excited to hear they are releasing soon. But hearing it called a speed 9 axis has me really excited and now it's going to be a long couple of weeks till they are on my door step

Question for Mike C and other testers: In your opinion, how would the Volt fly for us earthlings who can only throw 400' down a ski slope in a 50 mph tailwind? In other words, is it noodle arm friendly? :D
Official noodle-arm tester :D

It's mildly overstable for me. I throw nothing faster than OLFs and it flies like my most beefy one, a heavy QOLF that I carry for headwind-straight, FH, and fadey shots. It's my only OLF that will fight out of almost anything, and in my bag it's between my straight-stable SOLF and the utility-ish Champ FB.

We're gonna be seeing reviews from (hopefully) many people who are not testers soon :)

^yesssss hopefully a compliment to my saints?!!!! Sweet this disc is sounding more my style than the speculation of the volt thread!!!! gimmeee

Official noodle-arm tester :D

It's mildly overstable for me. I throw nothing faster than OLFs and it flies like my most beefy one, a heavy QOLF that I carry for headwind-straight, FH, and fadey shots. It's my only OLF that will fight out of almost anything, and in my bag it's between my straight-stable SOLF and the utility-ish Champ FB.

We're gonna be seeing reviews from (hopefully) many people who are not testers soon :)

Have you thrown it in wind? How far does your noodle arm throw OLFs?

Heavy crosswinds. Kind of a garbage video. Me and my buddy chip filmed 18 or so at Arboretum and it's gonna be a nice video. Will try to get it up by midnight.

These fly like a well worn olf for me, little less overstable with more d and glide. Should be dead straight to fade for lower power players.

Can't tell if your camera is constantly zooming, or I'm having a seizure. I'd love to be able to see their full flight in your video so I can compare to what mine were doing.

Can't tell if your camera is constantly zooming, or I'm having a seizure. I'd love to be able to see their full flight in your video so I can compare to what mine were doing.

Glad I'm not alone there. I was thinking the same thing! Still cool though, trippy clouds and all. :D

Glad I'm not alone there. I was thinking the same thing! Still cool though, trippy clouds and all. :D

I think it's the camera auto adjusting the contrast, from the close up shots of primarily one color to a wide colorful shot. Though it may be zooming slowly too.

That was a video editor effect I thought might make it easier to see where the disc landed. The other video is 1000x better haha.

It definitely looks and sounds a little less stable than the protos, which is totally cool as it will be more useful.

I can see the full flight on Mike's video.. definitely more turn than I expected which makes me happy as it won't compete with my PD's. It'll be interesting to see how they compete with Mike's QOLF's.

So happy to see Volts coming out. Curious any diff in stabilities between weights and colors?

Latest posts