• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Yes, it's classified as a Fairway Driver. There was a little back and forth between Fairway/Distance, and initially the site used Distance, but shortly before the release announcement they had me update the site to reflect Fairway.

I like this choice because the Volt follows an incremental speed from the Mids, and this establishes a Fairway family of molds that can be distinguished from a Distance class. Notice how silly Discraft's driver classes are named... I'm perfectly happy to set the foundation at Fairway.

Agreed. I think Fairway is much more descriptive than Control Driver, as well, but at least it is better than Long Range or Distance or Ultra Long Range or whatever Discraft uses these days.

At the course right now. Can't tell if it's because it's only 45 and windy, or if it's the disc, but Holy turn.

Hoping it's not the wind, then I might have a chance to handle this thing. What weights?

I know how you feel. I just dont see much MVP out here. People see me tossig an Ion off top of the world and always ask what was that disc.

I only see MVP discs on the weekend when out-of-towners come to play my home course. A lot of Innova lovers, though I did convert one hater. I know a bunch of people who would try them if someone sold them in the area.

When I throw my Ion and someone asks what disc was that I like to say "a putter," usually they will get a confused look on their face.

Damn I'm excited, but it doesn't look like mine will be here until tomorrow. It's 80 degrees and sunny here...

Had to stop throwing due to severe back pain caused from work last weekend. I'll get some comparison pictures up tho. Hit basket twice in a row during my short time throwing, also.

Last edited:
Man, I hope I can scare up some 168/169's. That would be cool.

If Mike C's Eagle comparison is right, and there is no reason to doubt him at all, then a fair amount of turn should be expected. Longer Eagle would be good for me.

What was the temp Mike? I was throwing in about 45* with 15mph winds. Threw them in tail, head, and cross winds. Getting comparison photos up in just a minute.

What are the domes like?

Mine are all moderately domey.

Here are some comparison pictures, sorry they aren't the greatest of quality.

Volt/PD
24D81E0F-CAD9-4DDE-8A8B-9095F35FEA11-3557-000003FAA74AAD2B.jpg

Volt/EX
6E149AB6-A147-468B-9AE6-C9BE69F271DC-3557-000003FAB897CABC.jpg

Volt/OLF
B8906507-7571-4F9B-956E-08EB2BF92723-3557-000003FAB4E751EF.jpg

Volt/Avenger
C6B8C121-1876-4FD2-A0D0-AB01D5361ABC-3557-000003FAAD11F295.jpg

Volt/TeeBird
EDA4F5D9-E178-42D8-B89B-0D2DFA5ED6DF-3557-000003FAB18802C8.jpg

What's the overall diameter? Is it smaller like a driver or is it kind of wide like a Stalker's?

It's cold enough for a jacket here in Ohio and gusty as hell. In calm conditions the Volt would be a laser. I think speed 9 Axis is a good summary. More like a flat one though.

It's cold enough for a jacket here in Ohio and gusty as hell. In calm conditions the Volt would be a laser. I think speed 9 Axis is a good summary. More like a flat one though.

OMG...that's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear :D

Let me know how it holds hyzers and anyhzers please.

Speed 9 axis sounds great to me.

How does the plastic feel? My N axis feels alot more grippy than my N anode.